Other Which do you think is worse- physical pain or emotional pain- and why?

So what do you think? Which is worse, and why?

• Physical pain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emotional pain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I mean, the brain communicates all forms of pain to the body. Honestly, I see no difference.

Some people will say physical because it is a specific injury (whereas it affect a specific part of the body and a certain feeling is accompanied with it). 

Others will say emotional because it has longevity.

Of course, the question is: in what sense is either worse?

Maybe "emotional pain" is a physical pain to the brain?

This is an easy answer for me: emotional pain is worse. Having had my heart broken and almost lost a dear relation, there's little that could convince me physical pain is greater than emotional. At least physical pain can be treated and healed and does nothing but leave physical scars on the skin that can fade away over time. Emotional pain is far worse - the scars are always deeper, sting longer, and take longer to finally fade away, and they don't even fade away completely.

Emotional pain is the absolute worst. For physical pain, there's medicine, obviously, to make it hurt less. Sure even with medicine, you might be left with scars, but eventually the pain itself will fade away, even if the memory doesn't. But, there's nothing worse than emotional pain. The feeling of betrayal by those who were close to you, the laughter and ridicule of yourself done by others, glares of pure hatred and malice burning a hole in the back of your head. These are all examples of emotional pain that can haunt a person's life forever, that can make someone so absolutely miserable that they may become apathetic, or worse, end up causing themselves physical pain as a way of ignoring the emotional pain, and while a wound will usually heal, a broken limb can be fixed, and scars might eventually fade away, emotional pain isn't something so easily disposed off, so easily forgotten about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back