• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Where the Light Can't Reach

shadowmadness

The Queen of Shadows

embed.php

It happened unexpectedly one sunny August morning. Or at least is assumed to have occurred then. No one, at least from those that lived to tell the tale, can confirm this fact. Simply because all of them were deep in their individual dreamlands as the world went down in flames.

It's kind of lame, when you think about it - sleeping through the apocalypse. Well, of course, our civilization as we know it didn't literally "go down in flames". This Ragnarok was stalking, slier, and definitely far more shocking than anything that could have been anticipated.

As the few that miraculously, by the hand of chance, fate, or some all-governing entity, awake from their slumber, they were hit with the harsh truth, soon to become their only reality - everyone had vanished into thin air.

embed.php

While the sparse survivors roamed the deserted roads and streets, some in panic some in bliss, a few of them came together. They formed groups, strongholds to keep them sane from the fact that everything they held dear and familiar - their families, friends, even just the chatter of strangers that had previously been a constant background ambiance, but now left a void that they never knew necessary to fill until they felt its absence - had disappeared without them knowing.

There was no noise in general - solely that deafening silence, so heavy it made you resolve to listening to your own blood rush through your veins so as not to feel completely deprived and dead. However, the illusion was hard to keep up, when no external sound came. The birds and dogs and wind appeared not to have simply gone silent, but to have disappeared in general. As if something looming and omniscient had frozen time in its merciless grip.

The landscape felt like a still picture for sure. The cars were left in the streets and houses gaped vacant with everything left intact, like everyone had got up and left in the middle of their ordinary routines. And, no matter how much they searched, the survivors could not find anyone besides each other. And they were distressingly far and few between...

embed.php

And yet, by a lucky coincidence of maybe so it was meant to be, a fairly large group of survivors managed to form over the course of one day in rural USA - a party of 13. They rejoiced and, as most logical beings, quickly made a plan and took shelter in a nearby cottage where they could rest comfortably. It was all fine and dandy at first, even if they were still panicked - the initial dizziness and nausea from the original disaster faded away as theories started raining in, though that was not the main thing that calmed everyone down. It was the mere presence of another human's voice that soothed their ears.

That was, until darkness fell...

In the stillness of night, everything seemed to be on edge. The quiet and darkness prevailed even over their labored sleepless breathing as they huddled together. However, nothing was scarier than when something went bump in the night. So far all had been silent, but with its bumps and creaks the cottage gave off the impression of being alive. Could there be someone inside? Or maybe something, lurking in the pitch blackness, where the light can't reach...

Hopefully, I've grabbed your attention with that little teaser of the plot I have going thus far. As might be obvious, it has been planned out as a very suspenseful and psychological horror-esque roleplay that will center around character development.

The premise is simple - the world has ended by everyone vanishing without any explanation, besides some few survivors. The story focuses around the lives and coexistence of one particular group of people - 13 in total - that have found solace and comfort in sticking together, taking a stronghold in a cottage in the USA countryside.

The roleplay will involve mainly them interacting with each other during the day, trying to grow bonds and manage in this crazy new world, as well as fending off some weird shadow people that they see wondering around in the night. Trick is, only some of these humans can see said silhouettes creeping about (7 will be decided by me as soon as the CSs are turned in later on...). No one can be sure they are not hallucinating, under the influence of mass hysteria. When things start going awry besides these bizarre and possibly unreal visions, people turn on each other and split up into smaller social circles. Paranoia settles in and disagreements arise, violence breaks out.

Can this group really survive, and figure out what happened to the word they once called their home? And are supernatural powers really after them, or is it all in their heads, their minds turning into their biggest enemy?

Well, you'll get to find that all out if you join the roleplay...

There will be solely 13 roles available (counting my character), and the final personages will not be chosen by "first come, first serve", but by who has the best character! All on that on the CS that will be posted, if there is interest in this idea... For now, I just want to know how many people fancy roleplaying this.

Man, I havn't done a group roleplay in a couple months. (Mix of being incredibly busy and lazy) 

Though, this definitely looks cool and I'd be thrilled to throw a character of mine into this.

Man, I havn't done a group roleplay in a couple months. (Mix of being incredibly busy and lazy) 

Though, this definitely looks cool and I'd be thrilled to throw a character of mine into this.

I know we haven't RPd together, but I'm looking forward to reading your posts. I read your blog. You're like the most interesting human being I've read in RPN so far.

I know we haven't RPd together, but I'm looking forward to reading your posts. I read your blog. You're like the most interesting human being I've read in RPN so far.

Oh boy, the degree of this statement has my ego (which, if you're interested, is named Cissy as a playoff from the word narcissist) practically doing somersaults in my gut. I'll take your flattering diatribe and return it by admitting that I wish had your art skills. I reached my artistic peak when drawing 'bumble bees' in the second grade. 

Oh boy, the degree of this statement has my ego (which, if you're interested, is named Cissy as a playoff from the word narcissist) practically doing somersaults in my gut. I'll take your flattering diatribe and return it by admitting that I wish had your art skills. I reached my artistic peak when drawing 'bumble bees' in the second grade. 

Thanks, I accept the return. Also, I don't remember the last time I drew a bee. I think I'll draw that next. And while we're talking about personal stuff . . .

The Darkness! I think I'll be making a doctor character. She's going to have a Big Mama attitude who loves to sing and shake it, and be like, " Oh no you did-unt just hit my derrière, shadow man. You lucky I slow, or I'd go over there and whoop your scrawny black behind!" 

Thanks, I accept the return. Also, I don't remember the last time I drew a bee. I think I'll draw that next. And while we're talking about personal stuff . . .

The Darkness! I think I'll be making a doctor character. She's going to have a Big Mama attitude who loves to sing and shake it, and be like, " Oh no you did-unt just hit my derrière, shadow man. You lucky I slow, or I'd go over there and whoop your scrawny black behind!" 

Oml, that sounds fantastic. I'm definitely feeling a female character for this one which is odd since I usually write males like nobody's business. But it's a cross between my bat shit crazy lass, with just the right amount of homicidal tendencies and a love for chocolate pudding. -lexi

Or, I'd be down for a much milder character who isn't at all that interesting on the outside, since it's the inner dialogue that makes her hellishly delightful to stand in the close proximity to. It truly is the 'I don't want to talk to you' expression that really charms the neighbors. -skye

Oh wow you got a name already. I think I'll be calling my Big Mama . . . Mishaala or Latifa. And have her do the chub dance. Oh and she can cook too. She won't be the combat type, unless it's falling on someone or body slamming them. And then make her learn some wrestling later in the campaign, yeah. WWE Big Mama.

Oh wow, I'm delighted to see you guys already thinking up characters! And what you have so far sounds fantastic! I'm itching to go on to the CSs already, but will wait until we have at least 3 more people interested in joining.

Oh wow, I'm delighted to see you guys already thinking up characters! And what you have so far sounds fantastic! I'm itching to go on to the CSs already, but will wait until we have at least 3 more people interested in joining.

Alright. Dresses up, holds pizza with thick cream cheese filled crust, bacon, more cheese, mushrooms, pineapple, and juicy meat and calls to the reading reader. "Feel like eating some pizza? Well, have a pizza this RP!"

embed.php

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]It happened unexpectedly one sunny August morning. Or at least is assumed to have occurred then. No one, at least from those that lived to tell the tale, can confirm this fact. Simply because all of them were deep in their individual dreamlands as the world went down in flames.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]It's kind of lame, when you think about it - sleeping through the apocalypse. Well, of course, our civilization as we know it didn't literally "go down in flames". This Ragnarok was stalking, slier, and definitely far more shocking than anything that could have been anticipated.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]As the few that miraculously, by the hand of chance, fate, or some all-governing entity, awake from their slumber, they were hit with the harsh truth, soon to become their only reality - everyone had vanished into thin air.[/COLOR]

embed.php

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]While the sparse survivors roamed the deserted roads and streets, some in panic some in bliss, a few of them came together. They formed groups, strongholds to keep them sane from the fact that everything they held dear and familiar - their families, friends, even just the chatter of strangers that had previously been a constant background ambiance, but now left a void that they never knew necessary to fill until they felt its absence - had disappeared without them knowing.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]There was no noise in general - solely that deafening silence, so heavy it made you resolve to listening to your own blood rush through your veins so as not to feel completely deprived and dead. However, the illusion was hard to keep up, when no external sound came. The birds and dogs and wind appeared not to have simply gone silent, but to have disappeared in general. As if something looming and omniscient had frozen time in its merciless grip.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]The landscape felt like a still picture for sure. The cars were left in the streets and houses gaped vacant with everything left intact, like everyone had got up and left in the middle of their ordinary routines. And, no matter how much they searched, the survivors could not find anyone besides each other. And they were distressingly far and few between...[/COLOR]

embed.php

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]And yet, by a lucky coincidence of maybe so it was meant to be, a fairly large group of survivors managed to form over the course of one day in rural USA - a party of 13. They rejoiced and, as most logical beings, quickly made a plan and took shelter in a nearby cottage where they could rest comfortably. It was all fine and dandy at first, even if they were still panicked - the initial dizziness and nausea from the original disaster faded away as theories started raining in, though that was not the main thing that calmed everyone down. It was the mere presence of another human's voice that soothed their ears.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]That was, until darkness fell...[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]In the stillness of night, everything seemed to be on edge. The quiet and darkness prevailed even over their labored sleepless breathing as they huddled together. However, nothing was scarier than when something went bump in the night. So far all had been silent, but with its bumps and creaks the cottage gave off the impression of being alive. Could there be someone inside? Or maybe something, lurking in the pitch blackness, where the light can't reach...[/COLOR]

Hopefully, I've grabbed your attention with that little teaser of the plot I have going thus far. As might be obvious, it has been planned out as a very suspenseful and psychological horror-esque roleplay that will center around character development.

The premise is simple - the world has ended by everyone vanishing without any explanation, besides some few survivors. The story focuses around the lives and coexistence of one particular group of people - 13 in total - that have found solace and comfort in sticking together, taking a stronghold in a cottage in the USA countryside.

The roleplay will involve mainly them interacting with each other during the day, trying to grow bonds and manage in this crazy new world, as well as fending off some weird shadow people that they see wondering around in the night. Trick is, only some of these humans can see said silhouettes creeping about (7 will be decided by me as soon as the CSs are turned in later on...). No one can be sure they are not hallucinating, under the influence of mass hysteria. When things start going awry besides these bizarre and possibly unreal visions, people turn on each other and split up into smaller social circles. Paranoia settles in and disagreements arise, violence breaks out.

Can this group really survive, and figure out what happened to the word they once called their home? And are supernatural powers really after them, or is it all in their heads, their minds turning into their biggest enemy?

Well, you'll get to find that all out if you join the roleplay...

There will be solely 13 roles available (counting my character), and the final personages will not be chosen by "first come, first serve", but by who has the best character! All on that on the CS that will be posted, if there is interest in this idea... For now, I just want to know how many people fancy roleplaying this.

I do have some questions. Is it possible for some people to have multiple characters? And what would the character age requirement be? Are any allowed to be pregnant? Could there be raiders or groups of two to three, roaming around plundering everything and anything?

I have many more ideas/questions but for now, these should suffice.

I do have some questions. Is it possible for some people to have multiple characters? And what would the character age requirement be? Are any allowed to be pregnant? Could there be raiders or groups of two to three, roaming around plundering everything and anything?

I have many more ideas/questions but for now, these should suffice.

Thank you for these intriguing questions (looking forward to more of them in the future~ They make me happy), as well as showing interest in the roleplay! Now, to actually answer your inquiries...
1. I plan for a roleplayer to be limited to only a single character for now. If there are not enough participants, however, a person will be allowed more than one personage. Also, seeing as this doesn't work on the method "first come, first serve", you will be able to submit multiple characters when the CS post is up, but some of them (if not all) might get rejected.
2. The possible age range if quite wide - from the early age of conscious life (lets say around 5) to old age (the max is around 70)
3. I'll allow for only a single character to be pregnant, since it could add a lot to the story, but having it occur on multiple occasions from the very beginning would be an overkill. However, as the game progresses, no one knows what might happen...
4. Such groups could form in the future. Currently, the roleplay will focus on a secluded group of people, cut away from any other survivors. As the party breaks up, separation is possible, dividing into duos and so on. Also, they'll all need to plunder to survive, so that action is a must!

Hey, peeps, seeing as my requirement for at least 5 people to show interest in the RP has been fulfilled (Huzzah!) I'll get busy with the actual CS and so on... Be looking forward to that in the near future, and thank you all for possibly participating~

(lets say around 5)

YES. I read this and sighed with relief. I can use my OC and tweak his dark version to fit this rp.

I'll allow for only a single character to be pregnant,

Now I have to debate. Peach, Or Marth. I hope we can have multiple characters...

Hey, peeps, seeing as my requirement for at least 5 people to show interest in the RP has been fulfilled (Huzzah!) I'll get busy with the actual CS and so on... Be looking forward to that in the near future, and thank you all for possibly participating~

Anytime. I'm looking forward to this if it does launch. It'll be... Fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is it possible for that cottage to have a basement? Also, if I choose to use Marth, would it be allowed for him to know good cooking skills? I plan to have him be a former slave in a child slave ring or be found in one somewhere else. If I made Peach, I might pair her with her boyfriend as he'll be a secondary most likely. Is it possible for this to occur while he isn't one of the 13? Shall this rp have some sort of dice addition? If not, if and when the characters go scavenging, will you decide what they find from asking in the OOC?

Is it possible for that cottage to have a basement? Also, if I choose to use Marth, would it be allowed for him to know good cooking skills? I plan to have him be a former slave in a child slave ring or be found in one somewhere else. If I made Peach, I might pair her with her boyfriend as he'll be a secondary most likely. Is it possible for this to occur while he isn't one of the 13? Shall this rp have some sort of dice addition? If not, if and when the characters go scavenging, will you decide what they find from asking in the OOC?

I love how these keep rolling in~
1. It will most definitely have a basement. I was planning on setting out a basic layout for the cottage, but that will happen once the RP starts, so you're gonna have to wait for that...
2. You can give your characters whatever skills and backstory you wish! I have no control over this. However, I do have control over whether the character will be accepted in the first placed, based on some guidelines and requirements I will share, again later on, once the CS is up...
3. There will be no secondary characters. Only the main 13. He could have been one of the people to vanish during the Apocalypse. However, again, if there are not enough participants, I will allow more than one character per roleplayer. Just keep in mind that he might not get accepted.
4. No, it will not have any dice mechanic. I'll write up the actual mechanics I have planned out together with the CS, so you'll have to wait a while for that, for which I apologize, but it might take me some time. But if interest keeps being consistent, even if from a smaller group of players than initially anticipated, the roleplay will start for sure!

Hope that answered all your questions, or at least the ones you had for now~

I love how these keep rolling in~
1. It will most definitely have a basement. I was planning on setting out a basic layout for the cottage, but that will happen once the RP starts, so you're gonna have to wait for that...
2. You can give your characters whatever skills and backstory you wish! I have no control over this. However, I do have control over whether the character will be accepted in the first placed, based on some guidelines and requirements I will share, again later on, once the CS is up...
3. There will be no secondary characters. Only the main 13. He could have been one of the people to vanish during the Apocalypse. However, again, if there are not enough participants, I will allow more than one character per roleplayer. Just keep in mind that he might not get accepted.
4. No, it will not have any dice mechanic. I'll write up the actual mechanics I have planned out together with the CS, so you'll have to wait a while for that, for which I apologize, but it might take me some time. But if interest keeps being consistent, even if from a smaller group of players than initially anticipated, the roleplay will start for sure!

Hope that answered all your questions, or at least the ones you had for now~

Well it has sedated them for sure. I can come up with more if you want. Is it possible he's with them all but then after some event early in the roleplay he vanishes? Also, will we start partway into the plot, where they all know each other a bit, like three months in etc etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back