• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Where Loyalties Lie || Dystopian

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
Where Loyalties LieThis is what it had come to. Mages having always been the bootheel of society now being hunted by a government too frightened to recognize and embrace their abilities. It would've been simple to get rid of them if not for how adept they were at hiding, congregating. More and more reports of anomalies rolling in by the day which only could be explained as magic being the last straw.

Character A works for the government, sent as an agent to join one of the "cults" the mages had created, posing as one of them to gain information. Somehow they did manage to get in, although the general air inside was much... different than they expected. More of a small community than a lair. Regardless they began to gather as much as possible, aiming to work their way towards the promotion promised.

Character B isn't all that convinced. Rather they are more skeptical of A than everyone else. As the archmage of the group known as The Enclave (one of the largest underground mage guilds since the beginning is their persecution) it is kind of their job to be weary, but this is a bit different.

And so they pull A aside and demand that they show them any sort of proof that they have a magical talent. A small argument erupts, A explaining that can't "control" their nonexistent ability while B begins to accuse them of being a spy, about to haul them off when A's previously nonexistent ability they didn't even know they had spiked.

A is mortified by this discovery while B, still unconvinced they knew anything about this newfound power, decides to smugly trust them all while keeping an extremely close eye on their activities.

Information
So this is based off of a plot I saw on a search a LONG time ago, and because I can't quite find the original and give credit where due, I put my own spin in it while keeping the basic idea the same.
  • The setting is dystopian in nature (clearly) set around 21XX where the government has a staggering amount of control over the made-up country of -insert TBD name here.- World building is heavily encouraged as it's my favorite part of roleplaying!
  • I prefer female characters. That being said, FxM or FxF is perfectly fine with me, but if romantic themes are eventually wanted, FxF only as FxM will remain platonic.
  • On the subject of themes, this is going to be a bit on the darker side. Romance is possible but it would have to develop naturally. Angst, yes please. Fluff, not so much.
  • I can play either A or B, I'm not picky but keep in mind I do not double.
  • I prefer a bit of detail, but have learned that monster posts aren't required for a good story. If the roleplay is to be faster paced, packing a post with 1k words each time isn't as necessary as if we were only advancing one post a day each.
  • Don't come over to me and say you're interested if you're going to be passive. I don't roleplay so my needs are met, I roleplay so both parties are happy. If you don't have a voice or are willing to speak up and disagree with me, we aren't going to work out.
  • I'm thinking the main plot drive is going to be A, who's higher ups will be blackmailed into them into giving up the information gained or be exposed as a mage themselves while B is either caught in the crossfire of it all or able to convince them not too. If romance doesn't develop at all, then a little game of "I really never liked you" with the PCs being against one another is possible as well.
  • On the topic of magic, it can manifest in either a physical trait or a mental one. For example if someone can manipulate fire, they are as much of a mage as someone who is literally made out of fire akin to an elemental. This also means that any supernatural entities are considered mages even though they don't necessarily have magical talents.
  • Magic is a genetic recessive trait, which is why mages are relatively low in number but moderately to very powerful. This trait also causes the person to age slower or even stop doing so after a certain number of years. This immortality is sought after fiercely as it is believed to be able to be transferred to a mortal, but this hasn't been proven.
  • A mage can be told from a mortal, if not physically, by a level of radiation of sorts. While they technically aren't irradiated, there is a faint particle they give off which can be detected as if it were radiation. This can be supressed with drugs and such but this also suppresses their abilities. Many guilds have wards placed around their facilities to prevent this from being tracked.
  • Abilities vary, and while control of a single element is rather common, there are many others possible.
I'm most likely forgetting something right now but I'll mention it if I remember. Please comment or PM me if interested!

This looks absolutely amazing. I love the plot and ideas swarming around it. I wouldn't mind A or B, however, A sounds more interesting to me. Of course, I prefer to RolePlay as male, but I can do female when asked.

This looks absolutely amazing. I love the plot and ideas swarming around it. I wouldn't mind A or B, however, A sounds more interesting to me. Of course, I prefer to RolePlay as male, but I can do female when asked.
Sweet! PM me please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back