Advice/Help Where do you find your irl/real life faceclaims?

salem.

inactive, hiatus
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! As you could see by the title,
I’m having trouble finding real faceclaims/references.
And since most roleplays these days require you to have a realistic-looking character,
I wanted to know where do YOU find your realistic references?

Thanks in advance.

i only ever use realistic face claims, and as a huge fan of cinema i predominantly use actors from films and shows; i don't like using influencers, professional models, or random people from google images. using actors can inspire specific looks for my characters too if a character they play has a unique appearance: e.g. rooney mara in the girl with the dragon tattoo or dave bautista in blade runner 2049

there are multiple tumblr accounts solely dedicated to realistic faceclaims !! i mostly use pinterest at the moment, but these faceclaim directories have helped me a lot in the beginning when shifting to realistic fcs as well !
to link a few:

there are multiple tumblr accounts solely dedicated to realistic faceclaims !! i mostly use pinterest at the moment, but these faceclaim directories have helped me a lot in the beginning when shifting to realistic fcs as well !
to link a few:
Thanks a bunch! I actually found ones that I really like in one of the links!

I mostly use pinterest, honestly >.> and just search for one of the particular aspects I'm looking for, like hair color, vibe, or something.

I mostly just google in what I'm looking for. For example, if I need a brunette female face in her 20's then I type in those keywords into a google image search.

I second tumblr with the caveat that younger face claims and face claims with “non traditional” body types (basically people who aren’t conventionally attractive by Western Beauty Standards) can be a little tricky to find.

I usually try to get a base from tumblr then use

pexels.com OR unsplash.com to find more unique individuals.

They are stock image sites and have a wider variety of body types, although they are a bit less intuitive to search through.

i also use pinterest! i search smth like 'pretty girl brunette' or whatever characteristics im looking for, and then kinda snowball by clicking on a photo and then scrolling down to see the other suggested posts until i find smth i like. more often than not, if you look at the comments of a pin, there's someone asking for the @ or name of the person and someone else answering. i use that to find more pics of them!

Artbreeder is fairly awesome for faces! They are on the realistic side and you can play around with different faces and make new ones based of of two 'parent' images.

Artbreeder is fairly awesome for faces! They are on the realistic side and you can play around with different faces and make new ones based of of two 'parent' images.

I almost exclusively use artbreeder at this point. It's so cool to be able to tweak and fine tune a face that feels exactly right for the character.

I usually think of a movie or TV show I’m interested in at the time and I try to find an FC from that. If that fails, I just type in what ever I’m looking for in the character (ex: gender neutral dyed hair) and put “faceclaim” behind it.

1. Thispersondoesnotexist
  2. Pinterest
  3. I make them in a game with a customisable character option
  4. Or I draw them myself
c:

+1 artbreeder! You can go build from scratch, but if you're fussier u can also photo-ify game screenshots or sufficiently realistic art of your character with it, if you have it... get everything Just So. check out this example of one of my lads
21466003_M9oplOk7biTJC3h.png
He's a real boy...
25344110_voqbkPobSUHohi8.png

For oc"s I usually base my face claims off from personality or what I'd picture they'd look like or what celebrity would match them look wise.
I'll usually have an idea beforehand of how they'll be...

I guess that's a way to put it..

Google.

Usually I'll put in a few keywords in the search like "anime guy black hair" or something of that nature to get best results.

I'm a simple man with simple taste. So I'm usually not too picky so long as it's "close enough" to what I want. I can always describe any differences between the FC and the actual character appearance in a "Description" section beneath the image.

Since I've gotten into Kpop xD basically all my FCs are Kpop idols or from Kdramas but for multiple reasons:

1. Finding multiple high-quality pictures or gifs of them is easy, be it google, Twitter, Discord, or other

2. Kpop has a lot of layers of themes (concepts) and if I wanted to find something of even just one FC in particular wearing suits, casual wear, dresses, traditional outfits, cute outfits, powerful outfits, royalty themes, party themes, street wear, etc depending on how long the group has been around the amount of different themes I can find for just my one FC is too good to pass up

3. Listening to music that the FC made is generally great fuel and very likely to have themes that I wanted to use them for anyway

Personally for me, I either Google the description of the type of irl face claim I am looking for, or I've taken up browsing a site called Pinterest,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back