Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

I've done larping, chat room rp, text rp, I play dnd regularly...I think the real question is where haven't I roleplayer haha

I actually started over text with my best friend. It started with a "what if" scenario and turned into really elaborate script roleplays that we worked on literally 24/7. We converted some of them into stories on Quizilla, which doesn't even exist anymore!

I looked through a few of the pages on here and didn't see it, so I don't know if anyone else on here has been on it.. But I started on Hexrpg. I actually still get on! I've been on that site since 2008 and I just got my account on here, trying to venture out a little bit.

I did some role play in Geeking. It was fun but the app crashed very often and it's very difficult to do role play by using phone. So, yeah here I am.

I played in a DC Comics centric RPG first (Everybody had to take the role of an already established character, I ended up picking last and played with Lobo and Guy Gardener.... I used to write Fraggin' a lot)

I played in Animevice (The Whiskey Media site) until it closed down and most of the RP community from there moved to Viceverse RPG, where I'm currently playing in parallel with here (I'm one of the Admins of Viceverse RPG)

Viceverse RPG is an anime styled forum that focuses on original characters and content with a strong canon and a well developed setting. We already have 3+ years of stories and world building. We created a world that allows almost any trope with ease. We have Cyborg Mercenaries, Super Powered Martial Artists, Mythological Creatures, Robots, Zombies, Eldritch Abominations, Wizards and much more. We are a small yet very active community, we organize Art Contests from time to time, inviting artist from all over the world in exchange of prizes. You can see the gallery of every entry in the last 4 contests here. We also do a get a lot of comissions from an artist who is a friend of mine (He could be called the official artist of the forum) Most of his art and other comissions we got are here.

Last edited by a moderator:
i started on a website called quotev, quit that for a bit, searched for a new roleplaying website because i wanted to start again and found myself here. which i'm extremely thankful for.

lashton said:
i started on a website called quotev, quit that for a bit, searched for a new roleplaying website because i wanted to start again and found myself here. which i'm extremely thankful for.

I'm thankful to be here too.

A personal forum that my best friend and I created.. we're the only members. xD

Before, before that, I used to use MSN groups. Back in the stone age. LOL

I did roleplaying on Geeking: Android.

Then I moved on to skype.

Then back to Geeking, but on iOS this time.

Finally, I landed here.

Rest in peace, Geeking Username:Schmidt.

Started with TV Tropes, more specifically on the forums, unfortunately almost every RP I joined sunk after some times, for a reason or another. But hey, seems like TVTropes does not only ruin your life xD .

I started roleplaying tabletop in 1985, discovered online roleplay through BBS and mailing lists around 1998 or so. Moved on to Livejournal in around 2002 and RPed there (and on similar spinoff sites) for many years. Also much AIM/Yahoo Chat RP. Not so much in the last few years; I dabbled with Storium for a while a year or so ago but it wasn't free and wasn't really worth paying for. So now I'm really just looking for a place to fit and decided to give this one a try.

I roleplayed on minecraft, then I started forum rping on the mc forums. Fell in love with rping so looked up some rping sites. the end

omfgdogs.gif

Oh god, I remember starting on YouTube back when I didn't really know what I was even doing. Of course, this was when YouTube layouts were more customizable and the messaging system didn't suck. I look back and it wasn't even Roleplay it was more

"John: lol ur cute *kiss*

Me: omg!! *blush* I love u<3"

Talk about cringeworthy. -sigh;

I recently began RPing on tumblr. I had seen others doing it then began with a friend. I just started on here a couple days ago; it's new, but I'm adjusting. ^^

I roleplayed on a site called My Candy Love (MCL). I look back on it and judge my previous choices and characters, haha. Also, I've roleplayed on Tumblr, Kik and Twitter before.

I started on myspace actually lmao

I used to have one of those lame RP profiles and was part of that strange community of scary teenagers. That was a short few months of my life, then I took to gaiaonline for roleplaying.

stopped all together for several years, then last year I got back into it on that site. I'm starting to see a pattern there that I don't fancy and most require you to go offsite to RP anyway, so I'm steering away and found this site. I still have a RP current on gaia but after that's finished I'll probably stick to here for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back