Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

Pretzel Heart]Kyle!! (O:)) [/QUOTE] Another fan of Hotel Dusk! Game was awesome! [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17918-corrosion/ said:
@Corrosion[/URL] I was at TRPS right before I came here, too. Lasted about a week. Got a character approved, made a thread, requested a plot staff and..got no replies. Said screw it and found this place.

Oapboap said:
Another fan of Hotel Dusk! Game was awesome!
@Corrosion I was at TRPS right before I came here, too. Lasted about a week. Got a character approved, made a thread, requested a plot staff and..got no replies. Said screw it and found this place.
I know, it was! Though the sequel left me a bit brokenhearted.... :/

This is a good place to find B)

Ashamed to say I started on Neopets, almost a decade ago. I had no idea what role-playing was when someone asked me about Fullmetal Alchemist and started a script-type rp with me, and I tried in vain to copy what they were doing. Most since then has been via email lists and the like. How the days have flown...

I started out in yahoo messenger chat (that's where I learned to train and release my terrible oc's then), after that I went to DeviantArt. dA as an rp group is often fun and there are some advantages to it, such as art roleplay. This also meant art had a huge impact to whoever wanted to play with you. I joined NationStates but it had it's issues...I think. I think I just got bored there, lol. Then I moved here.

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]I know, it was! Though the sequel left me a bit brokenhearted.... :/
This is a good place to find B)

[/QUOTE]
I never imported the sequel. Heck, I wasn't even aware there was a sequel until about two years ago.

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]It's...probably for the best.
It's not the same. :/

[/QUOTE]
That's sad, the first game was so good. Think I might pop it into my 3DS and retire EBA for a bit.

Oapboap said:
That's sad, the first game was so good. Think I might pop it into my 3DS and retire EBA for a bit.
Yeah, it's not bad...just not as good. Actually I don't think I ever finished it.....(' :| )

Have fun (*^*)

Supercell Forums. The ones who made that Clash of Clans game.

There was just one RP there worth remembering really, but the host was banned in the middle of it. D:

Only in person. I've tried to RP online before, but I'm a pen & paper kind of guy so I look for things like virtual tabletops & things like that. I'm still largely unsure about RP on a site, but if you don't keep learning then you might as well give up.

RPforums. I basically went from one-sentence posts to multiple paragraphs in a few months because I am a tryhard. Came here because it seems active, but it's kinda confusing.

I started out at Chicken Smoothie, then I migrated to a site called Magistream. And now I am here. I still go to the Magistream site also, they have good roleplays and the community is good. But this is the first site I've been too dedicated exclusively to just Roleplays. And It's pretty awesome, glad I found this site.

I had a lot of RP boards I rpd at, but first was my Animaniacs craze which was mostly the old Yahoo message boards and Yahoo IM as well as AIM and believe it or not ICQ xD . From there I moved on and joined quite a few boards that either died, had too much drama or basically felt unwanted there. People stopped replying to my posts and yeahhhhh. I guess a few of the more recent ones are as follows: Spirits of the Earth, Rayven's Reign and Unlimited Fantasy Roleplay.

I started rping live action, actually. My first written rps were on a writing site called Figment. I wasn't as bad as I could've been, but I didn't quite know the etiquette. Since then, I've branched out. I rp mainly on Disqus, Tumblr, and over google docs with one particular close friend. She and I have actually written over 100k words since this past August! It's hard for me to believe.

readingraebow said:
Have to ask, how does that work? It's just pictures right? ( lol. i'm an old lady so i have very little social media presence )
Well, people would post edits of their characters, and post roleplays. It would've been great for people for artistic talent. There was a heavy emphasis on the wolf community, where people roleplayed as wolves.

Everyone has an account, like here. However, you would have to send a DM or post an edit to roleplay. It was writing comments back and forth. There were also packs, which used hashtags to denote associated photos.

Personally, I had a terrible time. People put more effort into their edits than their characters. They made the covers of their books look amazing, but the content of their books meaningless and flat...... that's the way I see it. An amazing gallery, but terrible and unemotional artistry.

I was on Neopets for a good while (especially as a kid), but the community has dwindled to the point where it became very difficult to find a good roleplay. There were also things like tiny character limits and silly filters that made it pretty problematic. I think you can still come across some casual writers, but usually not much with any sort of meat to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back