Other Where are you from?

i'm from hell but currently im taking a vacation here

some day i would like to haunt the streets of akihabara, possessing body pillows and shouting at people

I was born in Northern Ireland to a Hong Kong/Chinese based family. So my nationality is technically Nothern Irish (or British if you like, it's a bit confusing) but by blood I'm Chinese. My father is from Hong Kong and my mother is from Mainland China (Guangdong province)

Good thing = Two languages :D  

image.png

image.jpeg

image.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Born an' raised in Ireland! Proud of my heritage and couldn't have wished for a better place to be born!

image.gif

I was born and raised in Lithuania, but been living im Germany since 2011. I kinda forget how to talk Lithuanian, since I don't speak it often, but writing is still no problem

I drank w/ Lithuanian friend once at a bar in St.Petersburg ,you people are brilliantly mental and loveable fuckers ,respect from Serbia <3

still friends w/ her now actually aha

@Void Puppy

I drank w/ Lithuanian friend once at a bar in St.Petersburg ,you people are brilliantly mental and loveable fuckers ,respect from Serbia <3

still friends w/ her now actually aha

@Void Puppy

haha, I guess we are, man xD not all, sure, but there's horrible people everywhere xD

Born and raised:

2600px-US_flag_96_stars.svg.png

(Specifically Chicago, I lived in Arizona for a few years when I was younger)

Heritage:

latest
 (from Thuringia, part of them left for the US in the early 1800s. Another branch of Germans came in the mid 1900s)

2000px-Flag_of_Russian_Empire_for_private_use_(1914%E2%80%931917).svg.png
 (My great-grandfather was in the Soviet Air Force and left in WW2 when he got an opportunity)

1000px-Flag_of_Lithuania_(state).svg.png
  (They left in 1921 and went to Chicago. There isn't that much of a backstory I know here, but a fun fact is that my great-grandfather's school actually had a Lithuanian Club)

I'm from the United Kingdom, born and raised ("On the playground was where I spent most of my days" jkjk) though I have Welsh and Irish blood in me :P

I'm from the United States, but I want to go to Scotland or Ireland. Scotland is my passion, but I'm more likely to end up in Ireland, though I'm certainly not complaining.

I'm always confused when we talk about UK and England and all. But thanks, I'll change my post :P  

but england and scotland are not countries right

To answer your question... No, England and Scotland are both countries. Terminology regarding the British Isles can be confusing because the same term can mean different things politically and geographically, and because people often use them interchangeably. I'll try to explain.

"United Kingdom" is a shortened form of "the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" and is a political term referring to the government of the four countries included (England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland). "Britain" or "Great Britain" is geographic and refers to the large island east of Ireland and West of Europe. It includes the land where England, Scotland, and Wales are, but not (I think) the Isle of Man, Western Isles, or Orkney or Shetland. "British" can refer to either the political or geographic entity, and "British Isles" refers to the islands of Great Britain, Ireland, and nearby islands. "Ireland" is a bit tricky as well because the island West of Great Britain is called Ireland and includes what is today Northern Ireland, but is also a shortened form of "Republic of Ireland", which refers only to the modern-day country (which also has had a couple different names). Historically speaking, "Ireland" can refer to the whole island or the Kingdom of Ireland.

So, in regards to bring "British", citizens of England, Wales, and Scotland are British in both senses (though many may not identify as such). Northern Ireland is British in the political sense, but not geographically (and again, personal identification differs), and the Republic of Ireland isn't British in either sense.

I hope that helped and wasn't more confusing... (x

Hello people!

Thought I'd start this as a way to get some friends seeing as I'm new! :)

I'll start! :D

I'm from Croatia but I'm not ethnic, I'm half Finnish and Montenegrin!

These are my countries flags, I'm proud to be them :)

View attachment 175651View attachment 175652View attachment 175653

Countries I want to visit are Russia, Estonia (again!), Romania, Serbia and France!

I want to live in South East Asia though :)  

I wasn't born in a country, I was born on a cruise boat and they couldn't get ashore so I had to get born of a flipping cruise ship.

I am a proud son of the Motherland, raised to help carry the torch of the People even in this dark world!

Born and raised in Novgorod, currently residing one of the 50 states of the United Fil- I mean, United States.

I'm from good old Norn Iron (Northern Ireland but our accent makes it really sound like Norn Iron) I'm British as Northern Ireland is apart of the UK but some would call me Northern Irish.

Want to go:canada_flag.gif

@AlbaGuBrath I've traced my ancestry to Scotland and Ireland. My ancestors in Scotland actually carried some kings heart in a locked box. My last name literally is Lockhart. Then I'm also related to the Corrs band in Ireland.

@Physiicz That makes a lot of sense. I suspect that, if I did have ancestors in the area, they were most likely of Scottish descent as well because the map includes the regions many Scots settlers in Northern Ireland came from.

Wow! It wouldn't be Bruce's heart, would it? According to tradition, he asked for his heart to be carried to the Holy Land after his death. That would be really cool!

Oh yeah, I think I know of the Corrs. It's a group of siblings, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back