• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern When You Go Big Time {A Boyband/Hollywood Themed RP}

elskagalla

Hello all, I'm currently looking for about 4 people to join me in a small group roleplay. c:

concertt.gifconcerttt.gif

Character A [taken] is a world renowned record producer who made a name for himself in the 90's. He produced music for nearly every well known musician of the time and his work consistently made it onto the charts. However, over the past five years, his career made a turn for the worst. It's been ages since he's put out a hit song and in addition to that, he's been under fire for some insensitive comments he's made behind the scenes. Being fed up and frustrated with his lack of success, Character A decides redeem himself by traveling the country in search of America's next big popstar.

Enter Character B [taken], a boisterous college student living in a rural Minnesotan town. When he sees an advertisement for auditions in Minneapolis, he forces his friends to come along and support him. His friends, being small town hockey players, not aspiring singers, are reluctant, but go anyways to cheer their lifelong pal on. To their surprise, the auditions are nearly empty, and Character A is growing nervous. He hasn't had much luck anywhere he's gone and he's feeling pretty desperate. When he sees Character B and his friends, he assumes they came together to audition as a band, and that's when a light bulb goes off. He's never produced for a boyband before and what better way to reclaim his fame than to put out something totally new? With a lot of convincing, Character B gets his friends to agree and come out to California with him and their new producer.

Basically, this roleplay will follow the four best friends as they adjust to their new lives as superstars. Will the fame get to anyone's head? Will Hollywood ruin their friendship? Will they crack under the pressure? So on and so forth. Also, as a side plot, I'd love to see the close-minded, ignorant Character A learn to be more compassionate and change his views because of the guys. For example, maybe someone is gay, which Character A isn't too fond of, but as he grows through the roleplay, he learns to open his heart. Below I have small descriptions for the other friends. I'd like to be Character B, myself.

Character C [taken] is studious and on the shy side. The idea of being in the boyband makes him anxious more than anything.

Character D [taken] is a punk rocker, angry at the world, curses like a sailor, etc. He doesn't think he'll fit in with the boyband image.

Character E [open !!] is the leader of his friends, he's responsible and has always kept the group together. He fears that the pressure of Hollywood will tear their bond apart.

concetttt.gif

If anybody is interested, please let me know down below with your preferred role. :-) once I have 4 people, I'll make us a group PM to brainstorm a bit!

Last edited:
I'm gonna press more of my initial interest for character D... If it wasn't initially seen by some people.

cherub. cherub. woohoo ! would you like to take the Character C role, since two people are interested in Character E?

athereal athereal you got it !

CtrlAltDelicious CtrlAltDelicious yay thank you :-) I'll keep you posted !

Dark Serenity Dark Serenity that should be fine, I just want to get the a-okay from aejeong first !

I'm so glad people are into this idea, I was really excited to try it out. :-) I'm going to wait a little bit and see if anyone wants to be Character A, if not, maybe we can make him a NPC or something.

yeah, yeah i can be character c !!
i know a perfect fc for him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back