• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern When in Rome - OOC

Characters
Here
Other
Here
I'm working on Character sheets - based on what I saw in the interest pages people wanted the option for both a family and individual characters; so they'll be two separate types of character sheets.

The starting point will be just after Julius Caesar was killed - true history has his heir take over the Consul but in ours it will be up in the air for who will become the First Man of Rome.

I'm going to encourage people to adopt the individual characters (whenever possible) into their Dominus - "House". Since homes were more than just family members and often consisted of staff, slaves and freedmen.

I'll also be looking for somone(s) to give suggestions and help out with the military side of things since this isn't my forte.

And, as always, I'll toss up some Lore pages that give a little more details as to employment and living for the various peoples of Rome.

For those that are here, I'd like to change some of the dynamic of the RP to be a little more inclusive: I'd like to open up the roles for all sexes: meaning you didn't have to be male to be part of the Senate, women could be part of the Legion, etc.

And remove the stigma for non-heterosexual preferences - open it up to LGBTQ2

Please reply to let me know if you're for, against or couldn't care either way. (You don't have to explain yourself.) I'd like to have a general consensus.

For those that are here, I'd like to change some of the dynamic of the RP to be a little more inclusive: I'd like to open up the roles for all sexes: meaning you didn't have to be male to be part of the Senate, women could be part of the Legion, etc.

And remove the stigma for non-heterosexual preferences - open it up to LGBTQ2

Please reply to let me know if you're for, against or couldn't care either way. (You don't have to explain yourself.) I'd like to have a general consensus.

Normally I'm all for inclusiveness, but for me historical accuracy comes first, so I strongly oppose it. Women in ancient Rome could neither vote nor hold political office. That being said, they could still exert influence, just not through direct political means. Nor were they part of the army, the world was too sexist back then, and a woman in a melee fight is at a considerable disadvantage compared to a man.

Homosexuality wasn't actually such a big deal back then, especially if you were not on the receiving end of it. So fully accurate to have it included with no stigma involved.

Social standing etc was a BIG thing back then. One of the reasons behind the original triumvirate. Crassus for example was distgustingly rich, but he did not come from such a fine family, you had Caesar on the other hand was from the gens Julia, a prestigious family, but he did not have much wealth to his name at the start.

Character sheets are up:

Super excited, will post up a sheet as soon as I can!

Checking in to see when people will be able to have their CS up.

I can hopefully finish mine up in the next few days, work has been pretty heavy!

I've...pretty much done my CS. While it's a bit thin compared to the others in terms of how many characters in the family there are, really, I didn't want to get too carried away with myself before the RP actually begins. I may edit it a bit both as the RP progresses and if any of you have any qualms with the history of it and/or anything else.

I've...pretty much done my CS. While it's a bit thin compared to the others in terms of how many characters in the family there are, really, I didn't want to get too carried away with myself before the RP actually begins. I may edit it a bit both as the RP progresses and if any of you have any qualms with the history of it and/or anything else.

Looks good. I don't mind edits later as long as they aren't major changes.

Just a heads up, deadline for your CS will be end of day Sunday.

Monday I'll start our RP thread.

Unfortunately, my work shift has doubled and has weighed me down immensely. With this, I don't think I'll be able to participate in this RP!
I hope for all the best, however and I'll be keeping an eye out! Have fun everyone - thank you for the opportunity!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, my work shift has doubled and has weighed me down immensely. With this, I don't think I'll be able to participate in this RP!
I hope for all the best, however and I'll be keeping an eye out! Have fun everyone - thank you for the opportunity!

Sorry to hear that but thanks for the heads up. Feel free to send a message if your schedule changes in the future and you want to join later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back