• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern When Hell Freezes Over

Well, there is no definite map. (I would be driven mad trying to do something like that again). Although as a GM, I often assumed I would be in control of enviroment NPCs and so on. Kind of like creating around the characters in play and where they would be headed off to. Although, if it was a specific place that the character owns or lived in etc. I guess that's where the lines would get more blurry, what do you think?

Okay, that makes sense. Now how would that work with something like Dale's "observant" skill? Would I do something like "Dale watched the man taking special notice of his facial expression and his hand" or "Dale carefully searched through a room" to signal he's using that skill or what?

Well, I guess that depends of there's something in the room or area that may be diffucult to notice, I would likely mention it in a manner such as 'the door had some minor scratches upon it, which would likely not be noticed unless looked upon with a keen eye' or something like that, but it may not always be true (or I could just be lazy with description), so mentioning that Dale is being observant (or looking closing at) about something would help me and I would add more detail if there's more to possibly be had, or if there's none to be had and he's just look at paint or something

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm good for the moment, other than one question. Am I supposed to be taking credit for the bonfire that was initially there, or was it there before I showed up?

Hey, just wanted to clarify the course of action - so, my character will actually grab and disarm the Farah, but Dale will catch him from behind, then put a knife to his throat. Is this okay?

Well, grab Farah yes. As for the disarming part, not really or not quite yet. The rest it is okay I guess, I feel sort of iffy about the knife being put to Dimitri's throat as that action hasn't quite been mentioned, by odyssey seems fine with it and that was sort of the intent in the post before it got edited down

[QUOTE="Thane Korino]Well, grab Farah yes. As for the disarming part, not really or not quite yet. The rest it is okay I guess, I feel sort of iffy about the knife being put to Dimitri's throat as that action hasn't quite been mentioned, by odyssey seems fine with it and that was sort of the intent in the post before it got edited down

[/QUOTE]
His character ran towards us fighting, so that's acceptable. I'll make post tomorrow, okay? It's, like, 6 am here now, I need some sleep.

Here it is, I finished my post. I had some problems outside out apocalyptic world.

plz forgiv

Last edited by a moderator:
@Shiki Kenju

'He caught her wrist and squeezed it hard enough to make the girl to drop her weapon.' that's a bit of something I'm iffy about. I can understand him catching her wrist and squeezing it but the latter part about making her drop the weapon right away in the same post isn't going to fly. You could probably say he squeezed it hard her wrist hard enough in hopes for the girl to drop her weapon or something of the like

Do I need to wait for Shiki to re-write that section of the post, or am I clear to go? I don't really mind either way, I'm predominantly asking for clarification's sake.

OdysseyImperfect said:
Do I need to wait for Shiki to re-write that section of the post, or am I clear to go? I don't really mind either way, I'm predominantly asking for clarification's sake.
I'd prefer that we wait, just to make sure nothing gets lost in translation and all that, thanks for asking.

[QUOTE="Shiki Kenju]Here it is, I finished my post. I had some problems outside out apocalyptic world.
plz forgiv

[/QUOTE]
It's fine, stuff happens.

@Shiki Kenju

I'm going to respond to your last post because I think I understand what you're going for, but I don't know if Thane is going to jump on you for it's grammar. I don't want to be a complete grammar-Nazi or come across as overly-critical, but you may want to take another look at it since you seem somewhat out-of-it for a few parts of it. Although I love the "oh you sirenical son of a bitch" line.

OdysseyImperfect said:
@Shiki Kenju
I'm going to respond to your last post because I think I understand what you're going for, but I don't know if Thane is going to jump on you for it's grammar. I don't want to be a complete grammar-Nazi or come across as overly-critical, but you may want to take another look at it since you seem somewhat out-of-it for a few parts of it. Although I love the "oh you sirenical son of a bitch" line.
Umm... yeah, I don't even know how could I let this happen. I'm not a native English speaker, as you already noticed, so if you'll see any other

intolerable mistakes, please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back