• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern When Hell Freezes Over

[QUOTE="Jordan the Humble]May I join this? I was on the interest check ... but never got an invite.

[/QUOTE]
sure, create a character and so on it's not a closed roleplay, just remember to be smart and read the rules and etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Shiki Kenju

Hey, thanks for signing up. Although, I hope you don't mind waiting just a little longer, maybe until sunday before I begin. I still want to try and pull in some other players to this. Although I don't seem to have the best of luck at advertisement.

Thane Korino] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/26007-shiki-kenju/ said:
@Shiki Kenju[/URL]
Hey, thanks for signing up. Although, I hope you don't mind waiting just a little longer, maybe until sunday before I begin. I still want to try and pull in some other players to this. Although I don't seem to have the best of luck at advertisement.
Of course I don't mind, sunday it is, then. I'll try to bring someone here as well.

Seems my advertising skills are terrible, sorry about the wait I kind of hoped someone would stop by on sunday. I'll get to posting tonight.

[QUOTE="Thane Korino]Seems my advertising skills are terrible, sorry about the wait I kind of hoped someone would stop by on sunday. I'll get to posting tonight.

[/QUOTE]
Well, maybe someone will come eventually. Seems like we're in different time zones, so I don't know how often I will post. Nevertheless, I'm waiting for your post.

I may be slow or late posting this week. I took a flight down to somewhere else to spend sometime with a different part of the family.

I'd like to join and I sort-of have a character in mind, but I have a few questions. First, would a Swiss-army knife and/or hunting vest be considered OP starting equipment? Secondly, I have this idea for a hobo-like group that may've been around before the bombs dropped which plays a role in my character's backstory and I was wondering if this was okay (mostly it's part of a pre-war backstory, but it's perfectly fine if the group was wiped out during the war).

I ask because I'm new to this site, and as you say "I am a banana".

OdysseyImperfect said:
I'd like to join and I sort-of have a character in mind, but I have a few questions. First, would a Swiss-army knife and/or hunting vest be considered OP starting equipment? Secondly, I have this idea for a hobo-like group that may've been around before the bombs dropped which plays a role in my character's backstory and I was wondering if this was okay (mostly it's part of a pre-war backstory, but it's perfectly fine if the group was wiped out during the war).
I ask because I'm new to this site, and as you say "I am a banana".
I am a banana to in that case, by no extension am I a pro at this, and I wouldn't consider those to be OP so go ahead. (Sorry if the gun rule made you freak out a bit, I kind of flipped on someone that day). As for the hobos, sure go ahead, you may want to specify where they're from and such (though think that would be self-explanatory) and.. beyond that I guess it's up to you, though I probably have to warn you they may or may not reappear accordingly

Shiki Kenju]So we'll wait until [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/25048-odysseyimperfect/ said:
@OdysseyImperfect[/URL] joins? Pretty sure he will be that stranger who is watching us, right?
If you want to wait for him, sure! Although, I'm not really interested going to throw him into a particular role made already even though it is a vague, feels a bit uncomfortable in this case, I guess.

[QUOTE="Thane Korino]If you want to wait for him, sure! Although, I'm not really interested going to throw him into a particular role made already even though it is a vague, feels a bit uncomfortable in this case, I guess.

[/QUOTE]
...kinda want to throw in some action, so I'll make a post now.

Mostly I left the hobo piece intentionally vague, since even the character had relatively limited information other than they were likely to help other hobos and I figured I'd let you expand this out in whatever method you'd wanted (or whatever proved to be appropriate to the plot). If you want me to come up with some further story behind them I'm fine with doing that, I just need a heads up (and probably a bit of time).

As for the gun piece, thanks for the concern but I was just trying to make sure I wasn't over-reaching. Additionally, I'm fine with being a stranger staring down at the chaos below (it would actually probably be a near-perfect intro for their personality).

Very well. Just FYI to anyone reading my text, I'm probably going to run up "inner thoughts" in italicized text in the future - just so I don't have to explain each jump in personae or seemingly out-of-character action here.

just got off a flight and returned home. I am too tired out to post tonight so sorry about that, but I will get on it soon. Apologies.

No problem, I'm probably going to be a bit busy with some stuff coming up over the next couple of days. Most likely I'll be free on the 25th-ish onward for a while. Oh, and I suppose "Happy Holidays" to all of you.

@OdysseyImperfect would you mind rewriting your post, so that it isn't 'godmod' ish? So that the other character is able to possibly to react to the action the other is trying to do instead just 'instant' response? If you catch my drift (not trying to be mean just trying to give a straightforward explanation)

Not a problem. Sorry about that, I was kind of out of it at the time of writing. I hope the edited version is better.

You're welcome. I'll try to avoid doing that in the future, but if I screw up please don't hesitate to call me out on it. Out of curiosity, how does this work if a character scouts out into another area? Does the player describe the area, are you going to throw up some general description, or is there a map of some sort?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back