When and where did you start rping?

I was in a pokemon fanpage called route50 when i was 10??? Sometimes I like to go see if its still active or not

Can't remember the year but I was 7 on Runescape. As for forum RP'ing, GoSupermodel (the English-speaking servers went under a few years ago) around the age of 9. Am 21 now.

I started at the age of 16 because I loved to write stories. Writing stories with others is even better.

Ngl, I started by accident when I became part owner of a FB fandom page and we had to roleplay our characters. This was a few years ago, then I fell into real Role-Playing when the same group decided to start a really cheesy but really fun rp :3

I was 13 when I first joined deviantArt on a different account and when I was introduced to role-playing (The first fandom I RPed in is based on 9 the film by Shane Acker), I was obviously super awkward at role-playing for the first few years. But now I'm getting a lot better with using proper grammar, detailing, and formatting. I'm kinda sad that the dA chats are kind of dying out lately as it's the first place I started role-playing.

I started on Roblox, around 2010s IDK the exact year.
Twas fun, I actually got semipopular/well known since I hosted a many RPes and none of them were highschool centric, ha!

Hmmm I should host RPes again, havn't done that in some time.

About 7 or 8 years ago on a game called FreeRealms (all the cringe..). I still roleplay with people from there on Discord now. Honestly, my guild leader kept us all together for so long it's the only reason I'm still role-playing today and not off writing short stories privately.

I first started role playing back in late November of 2015 on the Roblox forums.

The memories I have of that place are not ones I'm fond of.

i was 14, (man, can’t believe that was over a decade ago,) and had newly been introduced to jrock. an online friend i had made because we shared the same favourite band asked me if i would join her ”LJ RP group” if she created one. i had no idea what that meant, but i just promised i would anyway, because what could possibly go wrong, right?

luckily i was hugely into writing already, so despite the inevitable cringe, it was a pretty good fit from the start.

LOL. I Kind of started on this kids game called Moviestarplanet, i didnt really know what it was but people would do it to me so i just was like "cool! hell yeah!". That was back in 2010...2011?

If we're being technical, I started role-playing when I was about eight years old. (sixteen years ago, dear god I suddenly feel old)

My older sister's friends were hosting tabletop D&D and Shadowrun campaigns, and one of their usual party members suddenly had a bad case of life getting in the way. I filled in, taking over their character for them while they were gone and wound up finishing the campaign for them. They'd eventually came back, but by then I'd fallen in love with the whole shtick and they were quite happy to add me to the group officially.

Not so technically, a few years after that I'd discovered the MSN rp boards and Yahoo! chatrooms and it went off from there. I've been all around the internet since then- Gaia Online, RuneScape, and eventually more mature forums like this one. I'm an old hat to the idea of role-playing, you could say, and I've seen the best and the worst. I sit somewhere in the middle, heh.

I'm shocked! I don't think I'm seeing anyone else say they started out on YouTube
For me, that was back in like 2008-ish, I made some pretty awful Sonic OCs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back