When and where did you start rping?

i started on memebase back like 7 years ago..... it's so dead there now XD

Last edited:
I think it was 2012, maybe 2011...? I would've been 10 or 11 and I first started on wattpad talking like this:

??????: Hey you!

I then found a few people on wattpad and moved to Kik or messenger where my writing style evolved into third person. After that I went to roleplay guild for a bit which is currently in the process of dying and now I am here.

I started early this year on a game called King of Avalon, which is rather odd because it's not a role play game...some people just did it in the chats, and me being a writer, well....i got rather addicted i guess you could say, and joined in.

Runescape In Forum rps was where I started and that was the best experience RPing I've ever had. Too bad it kinda died there...

Around 2012 on Miiverse. I pretty much did nothing but shit on there. Migrated to here in 2014 after the Miiverse comment restriction made rping tedious. Been here stepping up my game ever since

Neopets.
Like. 15 years ago? Yeah. Neopets was where it was at. I don't think I ever roleplayed on the site, but we moved it to email and AIM (which is shutting down this year omg I'm so old).
Then I remember how strict the censors got on Neopets, and I had to find so many different ways to say 'email' without actually saying it.

I started up on Deviantart. I would roleplay in the comments of some of my friend's pages or journals, so you'd end up with 300 long comment chains. Then I moved to the notes system, and finally I moved my individual roleplaying onto Google Docs. I was a part of some other forums two years ago and I had a huge amount of roleplays with a friend on there in personal messages. I moved them to Google Docs as well once the site shut down. ;-;

I just recently returned here after I tried searching for a member I used to roleplay with, but sadly I think he's moved on. I've reconnected with some old partners here though, so it's going pretty well!

I started over 10 years ago (which is crazy). On a website that has since been destroyed called Cartoondollemporium
I was obsessed with the name Nina so therefore every character I had was named Nina, all were 19, and all had super huge houses but was a nice rich girl. Lmao - it was a dark time in my life.

Surprisingly, I am a new person to Roleplaying. I started seriously Roleplaying on the Roblox forums about a year ago. I moved along with a group of people when the greedy moderators destroyed the forum when the forum shut down.

2004-5 ish. it was on polish blog websites, where we'd post in-character comments on each other's character profiles. also did some on deviantart and some pet-sites for a short time. it wasn't until around 2009 that i found roleplayerguild, and most of my experience comes from there.

Meez long long ago when I wrote like an idiot and it was just for something to do when I was bored. I didn’t really get into it and start writing better until 5/6 years ago!

I started really getting into roleplay at Deviantart, but I technically started on Transformice and iScribble. At first, I didn't really know what roleplaying was on Transformice, my iScribble days are.....rather questionable. 11-year-old me still makes it hard looking at those sites without thinking about going back to those sites. Deviantart is when I started creating my own characters, so I feel that's when I started. :lennymeh: (Plus, it's less embarrassing.)

Roblox.

Specifically anime roleplaying servers.
It was pretty cringey.
But hey, I was only 10, cut me some slack.

When I was younger like you know when you'd play kings and queens with your friends at the park. Good times... then maybe this kind of roleplay about 3 or so years ago.

Over ten years ago, neopets. Probably would have been on there longer if my account didn't get hacked. It was probably for the best, haha.

almost a year ago. friends enjoy writing stories and one of them is a very persistent dude who's into roleplaying so i joined whenever he made private group roleplays for our circle of friends. started with pieces of paper to messages and e-mails.

we agreed on joining a site dedicated to roleplaying, and one of them suggested this site.
but now that i think about it, that was like two weeks ago. it's nice and breezy here, but i'm still just the only one around. where they @

Last edited:
~15 years ago on Neopets. Tavern roleplays. Definitely started out with a cloaked character who skulked around in the shadows.

I started roleplaying when I was probably 12 or 13 on neopets, then graduated to subeta. I tried to have my own sites when they were free & everything but that was ended real quick lol

I started rping with a friend that I no longer talk to around the age of 14 when I met them in highschool . Before then however I honestly even as a 12 year old wrote novels and find it funny that I was against rping but once I got comfortable talking outloud and writing with someone I was an addict.

We rp alot via cellphone and then she also introduce me to Gaia online which is ok but is also a hot mess lol

I got into roleplaying on Neopets when I was actually 8 or 9 :x Then I moved on forums like Invisionfree, and hopped onto Proboards and Jcink once IF kinda died out.
I've also done roleplaying on tumblr, e-mail, livejournal, on paper with friends (passing back and forth lol) and tabletop rpgs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back