Other What's your religion?

Not even sure which to be honest. I suppose for now I am not really religious. Too busy not caring. Maybe after I graduate.

I'm an atheist all the way. I slowly became more and more disillusioned with religion until I became a full atheist a year ago, when I was 18. Being as blunt as possible, I think it's a bit arrogant and self absorbed of humans to think that the force that created the universe gives a crap about our petty, ultimately meaningless problems.

But hey, I'd still like to go out on a high note, so I'd like to recall something I once heard Ricky Gervais point out - Some religious people might think atheists have nothing to live for, but on the contrary - I'd argue we have MORE to live for, ince as far as I'm concerned, this life is it for me, and I want to really get what I can out of it. :)

Being an atheist is all well and proper, just remember to be careful what you read if you want to retain your unfaith.

Being an atheist is all well and proper, just remember to be careful what you read if you want to retain your unfaith.
Reading the Bible is what ultimately made me a atheist. But to comment you seem to suggest that our 'unfaith' is fragile. As well that we are easily changable like a agnostic. We are athiest, not agnostic.

Deist? Theist? I have no clue what it's labeled anymore, there's more religions out there now that it's beginning catch up to genders. Frankly, I believe in a scientific aspect of things that every action needs a reaction. Since you cannot produce something out of nothing, there has to be something behind it or else it's not logically practicable that the theory of an explosion creating life out of nothing is a bit odd.

I do not believe in Christianity, Islam, Judaism, or likewise. I believe in the idea of a sentient/non-sentient thing that doesn't intervene, more of like a living source that happened to cause a series of chain-reactions that produced totality. To be honest, i'm sure if we do come across an answer (If that's even possible.) that it'll be a bit lackluster. Kind of imagine like finding a non-responsive Comb jellyfish floating in the cosmos or a Black hole that has living properties but has no form of intelligence behind it.

But then again, I step back to my first argument about creation out of nothing.
It's a bit of a confusing cycle.
But so was my comment. :deadopenmouth:

Last edited:
I was born and raised as a non-religious Catholic Christian (Still am a Christian on paper).
In reality though I'm more Agnostic, leaning towards the Islam (based on the Quran, not on any specific sects like Sunni/Shia/Ibadi).

I'm kinda Christian, mainly because I've been baptised. Plus, I don't fully believe the "everything can be explained by science" stuff. You've got to keep an open mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back