Opinion Whats your preferred fanfic tropes?

emeraldjadez

I have a deep love for time loops, hurt / comfort and found family / team as family which I'm not going to ever think more deeply upon why I love these tropes lol

deal with the devil most of my stories involve a deal being made between a mortal being and some (normaly evil) immortal being where something is sacrifised

Found Family/Team Dynamics, Paternal [Character Name Here], [Character Name Here] Hurt, Hurt/Comfort, Sickfic, Angst, Canon Divergence, Platonic.

I'm a big fan of Girly Bruiser, Bratty, and Magical Girl Warrior characters. I like hurt & comfort and queer stories. I like wintery/snowy aesthetics and locations. And I'm a big fan of occult themes.

Unstoppable Force vs. Immovable Object. I love the strong convictions two people possess, one warring to "convince" the other to their side, all the while forcing them to reconcile messy practicality against idealized fantasy.

My only complaint is the name; maybe I'm using the wrong one or something. "Corruption of Values"? "Fifty Shades of Gray Morality"? "Literally just any effective villain in a story ever"? "That time my Arch-Nemesis tricked me into leaving Plato's Cave"? Idk I'll keep workshopping it.

I like the cheesy self indulgence ship fics with canon characters. Sadly the characters aren't always very accurate to their base material.

Also Wattpad stories where they put things like [Your favorite color here] or [Your eye color here], where [your name here] wins the heart of Luigi or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back