Advice/Help What's your favourite magical power to rp?

I think shadow wielders are really cool

Also, water control! Being able to swim to the depths of oceans, controlling big waves, etc.

I know everyone likes telepathy, but I like teleporting. I know that's not flashy, but whatever.

I also like shooting an Uzi, and having the skill to be good with it........
Does that count?

one of my favorites would be “summoner” type characters— i have one in particular who wields a cursed blade that slowly corrupts the user into a demonic kind of entity, and ultimately traps their soul in the blade itself, where it can then be summoned by the next host.

in general, though, i like to mess around with abilities and races that i don’t see as often (or didn’t, at the time the character was created — back when i created a kitsune character for marvel, i’d seen very few others, or ones that were extremely inaccurate to any actual lore on kitsune, but it’s a pretty common trope now), such as smoke manipulation rather than shadow bending, controlling gravity or density rather than super strength, intangibility, power negation, tarot mimicry, things like that. it’s also fun to have a “basic” power like ice manipulation but drawbacks like not being immune to your own ability, and my personal favorite, magic that corrupts, which explains my fondness toward ‘possessed’ characters.

if i haaad to had to had to choose just one, then i’d go with the summoners, specifically if it’s sort of a “beast master” kind of scenario, ie. megumi’s ten shadows technique in JJK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back