TV & Film What's your favorite tv show or movie, and your favorite character(s) from that tv show/movie?

Winter Kakyoin

"I could've saved them... I really could've..."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My favorite show at the moment is Metalocalypse! Favorite characters from the show? All five members of Dethklok!

• Favorite TV Show: Everybody Hates Chris (one of my favorites, at least. Too hard to choose a single favorite).
    • Favorite Character: Julius.

best movie of all time is the nightmare before christmas, and i adore jack skellington!! definitely THE halloween movie of all time.

I have been binging Deadpool recently, but I've tapered off....

My favorite show is definitely The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and my favorite character is Midge Maisel. She's too relatable lol. The swearing and inappropriate jokes and the idolization of people who are arrested for talkig, all while wearing twirly pink dresses. She is me, I am her.

I don't know why this thread died so fast, I feel like this would be a great place for people to find other people who are into their shows and love the characters just as much. Anyhow, I'm here because I'm on an unholy crusade to talk everyone's ear off about Loki and whoever stumbles into this threat are my unwilling victims.

Favorite show right now is Loki. Like, beyond favorite; I'm absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, hyperfixated on this god-forsaken show. In my opinion, it's a wonderful way to write a villain's redemption arc by completely flipping their original story on their head and stuffing it full of timey-wimey confusion (which I love, I'm also a massive Doctor Who fan). The first episode of season 2 got released and I have just been watching it over and over trying to soak in every little detail and hoping I don't die waiting for the next one to come out next week.

Favorite character(s): Loki is obvious, it's hard to like a show that mainly follow one character if you don't like the titular character. I love how he is written, I like his chemistry with the other recurring characters, and I just find him to be overall very interesting and likeable. Also, even though Disney+ sucks at incorporating their character's identities in any sort of meaningful way, the fact that he is confirmed to be bi/pan and genderfluid just makes me love his character more.
Mobius is another obvious favorite...tbh, it's kind of hard to dislike any character that Owen Wilson plays. He's the perfect antithesis to Loki's energetic, chaotic personality and it makes for a lot of great moments between them. Though, I am somewhat disappointed that Disney+ didn't have the guts to explore any sort of romantic tension between the two.
Sylvie is another obvious fave, because childhood trauma = relatable. That's as far as I'll elaborate on that. But I love that they make it clear she's not just a female version of Loki, she is her own person with a completely different personality, past, and motives. I like that they're personalities are similar enough to clash in certain areas. Their arguments and bantering are really enjoyable to watch. I can't wait to see them flesh out her character a bit more in season 2, and I'm really excited to see where her story goes, even if it starts off in a McDonalds.

If any one of these three dies, I will cry and mourn in my room for days.

And admittedly, even though the romance subplot between Loki and Sylvie was extremely controversial, I kind of enjoyed seeing that be explored, and kind of hope it's explored more in season 2 (I'm a Sylki shipper...flame me if you must).

Maaaan it's hard to pick for this one. Better go with my comfort film.

All-Time Favorite Movie: The Last Unicorn
Favorite Character: It's changed over the years, but as I get older, I find myself relating more to Molly.

I must reference so many quotes from this movie when I'm feeling down, it's ridiculous.

Fav movie: Children of Men
Fav char: Princess Cornelia (Code Geass), King Stannis Baratheon (GoT)

personally, my favorite movie as of right now is Heathers (1989) and my favorite character is Jason Dean

I don't have a favourite movie/show, but some of my favourites are Black Clover (show, anime, that is) and Rise of the Guardians. They're not really my favourites anymore because of the source material itself, but rather I love them because of their potential. My favourite characters from them are William and Pitch Black respectively. Two characters I feel were wasted in the source material, but have so much potential to be these complex, well-rounded characters. Besides, I think there's something genuinely unique about each of them that stands out from other characters. It's a pity Rise of the Guardians wasn't a show instead and William's parts within the anime/manga didn't go more into depth, or far enough with the redemption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back