• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Stanza's Long-Winded RP Partner Search

Stanza

Nightingale
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Intro
full
Hello! I'm Stanza, I'm 35, and I am... horribly afraid of posting this, but here we go!

I'm looking for an RP partner or two whose energy I can match and vice versa. Preferably someone at least somewhat close my age, because I remember the abundance of social energy my friends and I had in our 20s and I just... do not have that in me anymore. I'd like to not be a disappointment, in short!

I've been RPing since my early teens, way back in CompuServ's Teen Zone, which was... like AOL's old school RP chat rooms? But we were terrifying children who decided to establish a council and set of rules for RP. Truly, horrifyingly organized children, with no dice function available to them in chat. Have you ever seen two pretentious teens argue about quantum physics to explain why their attack landed or why their opponent's didn't? I have.

Anyway, I haven't done substantial forum RP in quite some time due to my penchant for other mediums, so forgive me if I struggle to regain momentum at first. Feel free to gently boop me on the nose with a newspaper if I commit a social faux pas.

Availability
I work from home. My availability is pretty consistent in theory as long as mental health doesn't leave me drained. Right now, I'm more likely to respond earlier in the day Eastern Time/UTC-5:00 (mornings, afternoons, potentially early evenings), but later at night isn't impossible either.

Spoons are a big thing for me; I run out of them sometimes. If I do, I'm happy to talk with you about things to let you know I'm still interested in a story and that I just need time to bounce back and regenerate.

Original vs. Fandom
I'm not often much for fandom RP because honestly, I tend to overworry about being lore-accurate. Of course, I did RP in a few settings for several years and I suppose I would be comfortable with:
  • Older Warcraft-based settings
  • Certain Star Wars settings (I hung out in Star Wars: the Old Republic a decent amount early into the game's release, pre-Makeb)
  • Baldur's Gate 3
That said, one of my favorite things lately is collaborative world-building with a partner as we tell one or multiple stories within the same universe. Modern-flavored fantasy/supernatural is a current favorite with extremely loose inspiration drawn from places like World of Darkness, etc.

Hit me with however much creativity you'd like and I will do my utmost to reciprocate. Vampires? I gotcha covered. Shifters? Hell yeah. D&D races in big modern settings? Yes please. I will gleefully launch a Tiefling into a city inspired by current day Las Vegas and write things like them prank calling the popo. Bet.

Flavors & Limits
I am a straight-up hopeless romantic at heart. I have a weakness for romantic plots and stories, both angsty and somewhat fluffy (though no good story is without its conflict or obstacles).

I also love darker elements, especially those that touch on mental health or supernatural forces analogous to mental health.

I've noticed that I struggle a lot with major character deaths lately due to certain aspects of my real life. I gently ask that we avoid killing off major characters unless no other alternative can be determined and it's the only logical outcome.

ETA: Gender/Pairing Preferences! I'm so sorry, I forgot to include something that's come up a few times already. While I'm capable enough of writing male or non-binary characters, I heavily prefer writing female.

I tend to prefer M/F romantic pairings, but I'm willing to attempt F/F or F/NB to see how it goes until I know for sure where my comfort zone lies.

Existing OCs
I have a bunch of OCs to choose from to start with! This doesn't mean I'm incapable of coming up with more, these are just ones I can already pull from, who already have enough backstory for me to mold and shape them into a plot or setting.

Original Universes, Fantasy, D&D-adjacent

• Sheranee Farouk: Rakshasa Tiefling and Gloom Stalker. A short-tempered woman born on the edges of an untamed jungle, tormented by her past. Typically a spy or scout type.
  • Ripley Locke: Water Genasi Druid. Will 100% turn into a sea lion or a cat to troll people. Secretly really wants to be loved. Pretends otherwise.
  • Inji Hadi: A Garou loosely inspired by the Silent Striders Tribe of WoD. Unintentionally removed from her heritage, she lacks the teachings her ancestors had as avid followers of the Egyptian God Wepwawet.
(... And more, but I'm drawing a blank on who to include and who not to include.)

Warcraft Universe

• Alaiyana Ravenwing: Night Elf Druid of the Talon. Deeply traumatized bird lady who starts out incapable of birding any longer.
  • Avadrie Sunstep: Disaster Blood Elf Ranger. A somewhat disgraced member of the Shattered Sun who lost all semblance of self-respect after one tragedy too many.
  • Leandra Kirby: Human Biker Babe of an Engineer. Crafted a sidecar for her motorcycle. Her pet pig Nano gets sidecar privileges; anyone else has to fight for them.
FFXIV Universe
  • Lovi Sharma: Keeper of the Moon, Dancer. One catty gorl. Basically If Abandonment Issues Had Ears and a Tail and Side-eyed You Regularly.
  • Constance Callaway: A Hyur who grew up in Ishgard, who originally had dreams of working in the Skysteel Manufactory like her father before her... but now, she dreams of opening an inn somewhere out of town for wayward souls in need of a place to rest.
SWTOR Universe
  • Eseris Sault: Mirialan Gunslinger. Girl just wants to exist on Nar Shaddaa and drown her sorrows in a Tatooine Sunrise or seven, but life just keeps having other plans.

Contact
Honestly? Please just DM me. I check stuff as often as I can, but I feel DMing will get my attention faster. If you've read this far, bless you for your patience and thank you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back