Other What's your favorite Monster?

*chanting* Wendigo! Wendigo! Wendigo!

First thing that has ever actually scared me and made me nervous at night.
59D79F20-8B9D-48B7-9009-E95550F32F7A.jpeg59D79F20-8B9D-48B7-9009-E95550F32F7A.jpeg

Honestly, I love anything mythical because I am a giant nerd about mythology, but I really love sirens because the lore surrounding them is so vague and there are so many different interpretations of them (both modern and ancient) that the word can be used to describe a mermaid-like creature, but also can be used for half-bird women. I also find the concept of luring and controlling through song really interesting!
I also love dragons for that first reason, they can be used in so many different ways! Often not even being monstrous or simply having their motivations misunderstood

In a movie? Too many to name, but the harpy from The Last Unicorn (three tiddy) is up there. Actually, all the creatures from The Last Unicorn are pretty A+.

From mythology... a Filipina friend of mine was telling me about different monsters from the Philippines and the Manananggal stands out. Usually a beautiful woman with bat wings, her lower half roots in the ground at night while the top half flies off. To kill if you have to salt and/or ash the open wound of the lower half and prevent the upper half from reconnecting with it before the sun comes up. She has a long tongue, and her favorite food to eat out of sleeping humans are uteruses...!!

Last edited:
Well, I don't have a favorite but we should be kind and give the daddy of all monsters a spotlight? Enter Typhon
silva.png

Honestly I adore all kinds of monsters.
From Demons to Dragons to Gorgons to Nagas to Pheonixes....they're all so amazing.

I've always loved monsters based off the idea of people that turned into animals. So things like selkies, werewolves, vampires to an extent...Twilight notwithstanding of course, but I'm sure someone has made that joke. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back