Anime & Manga What was the first anime that you ever watched?

I cant emember the name of it but it was about this girl at an all girls school and these aliens were plotting something. It was really cool. It was called blue something...

[QUOTE="Uncle Urdnot]I can't exactly remember
It was either Dragonball, Sailor Moon, or Digimon

[/QUOTE]
Im a huge Sailor Moon Fan

Naruto, when I was about like 7. My dad's friend was a massive anime fan, but due to some reason (I think he was moving to another country or something) he gave me some of his CDs to me. The first episode totally got me hooked.

My first anime was Dragonball Z. Unintentionally, the first scene I also happened to see was Krillin getting impaled by Frieza. When I was 3 years old. That was scarring.

My first anime was Black Lagoon, It was far from a disappointment and the English dubs were superb.

That and I loved all the dark themes & gritty tone it had in comparison to more popular animes which are more colorful and childish.

Pokemon was the first though I seem to recall DBZ being not far behind. Yugioh was next up on the list and after that naruto and some others that I have forgotten but seen during the good Ol days of Cartoon Network and adult swim showing old animes.

First anime... oh boy. Either Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, or Kimba the White Lion. Then later Dragon Ball and Slayers.

In my defense, my country used to be part of the Soviet Union, so before the 90's, there was no anime there at all. It resulted in a huge gap between what was popular overseas and what was actually available and translated/voiced over locally. There were literally decades' worth of material to catch up on, but in retrospection, I'm glad it was so.

dragnia said:
I feel... Like it was either Pokemon, Digimon, or DBZ oAo;
or maybe Zhoids or something... eue; whatever was on Toonami at the time...
Oh I forgot about Zoids. I used to like that show, never got to watch much of it though but thought it was awesome.

Saru said:
Oh I forgot about Zoids. I used to like that show, never got to watch much of it though but thought it was awesome.
Zoids--bah xD S'what I get for watching someone on dA named Zhoid
But yeah. I baaarely watched any of it, but I definitely remember watching some oAo...

There are so many though :'D who knows what I started with...

dragnia said:
Zoids--bah xD S'what I get for watching someone on dA named Zhoid
But yeah. I baaarely watched any of it, but I definitely remember watching some oAo...

There are so many though :'D who knows what I started with...
Haha

It was awesome though. But yes quite true, so many and so hard to recall them all. I know Pokemon was first but the order after is.... Quite difficult to recall correctly, pretty sure DBZ, Yugioh and Zoids and that one with the detective who gets turned into a kid and helps his former girlfriend or current or whatever that was and her father solve crimes. One piece and naruto came later but still so many I have forgotten names of and have seen early on in life and since is beyond counting at this point and hard to remember.

Saru said:
Haha
It was awesome though. But yes quite true, so many and so hard to recall them all. I know Pokemon was first but the order after is.... Quite difficult to recall correctly, pretty sure DBZ, Yugioh and Zoids and that one with the detective who gets turned into a kid and helps his former girlfriend or current or whatever that was and her father solve crimes. One piece and naruto came later but still so many I have forgotten names of and have seen early on in life and since is beyond counting at this point and hard to remember.
Yeah oAo A lot of it was also before I really knew what 'anime' was x'D They were all just cartoons (though technically, they are just cartoons, just that one's a Japanese style x'D )

The more I think the more I also think that maybe Sakura, Card Captors, or Sailor Moon were on there, too ouo;;

... Anime actually seemed to be on quite frequently in the past. Now-a-days I only know about some big-nameish ones coming up ono... Being broadcasted in the US, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back