Anime & Manga What was the first anime that you ever watched?

My first anime was probably Tokyo Mew Mew (I saw a few episodes when I was younger)

But next to that, the first real anime I considered anime that I stumbled upon was... Believe it or not, Rosario+Vampire.

Ah, yes. The memories of a nine year old being introduced to echhi.

I was too young to recognize it as anime at the time, but when I was five years old, I was a hardcore fan of the show called 'The Bushbaby'. (Daisougen no Chiisana Tenshi Busshubeibī, technically, although I watched a bad English dub.) My love for anime started early!

My next anime was Sailor Moon... again, the terrible English dub. I was enchanted with it.

Mine is Pokemon, if that counts.

If it doesn't, then my real first one was probably... Angel Beats. Well, that the one I finished. Before that, there was Inuyasha. 30 episodes of that, and then I gave up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never even knew that I watched anime when I was a little kid xD I still recall the memories of the animes I watched. I think they were two at the time, cause they were translated in my language - Naruto and Shaman King. I loved watching Naruto back then xD It really hyped me, and I kind of addicted my friends and cousins to it, as for Shaman King, I didn't finish it, I think I was pretty close to the last few episodes xD But I loved it as well! Next, I watched those on youtube, still having no idea that those are anime - Higurashi and Chibi Vampire or was it Karin? The funny thing is that I now hate that style of drawing and stories about vampires (Chibi Vampire/Karin) and I was really creeped out by Higurashi xD I was scared shitless.

I started with Sailor Moon, I even remember that I used to have a Sailor Saturn doll and it was awesomeee. But that's basically how my downfall into anime started.

The first anime I've ever watched? Fairy Tail. But I got bored 90 episodes into it.

My first anime (excluding the dubs on TV like Pokemon, not like I watched all the episodes anyway) was Ginga Densetsu Weed in the 5th grade, oh my god. I thought it was so good but now I realize that it's pretty damn silly.

My first anime that I knew it was an anime was Naruto. Before I knew what anime was, I was all into Pokemon.

My first anime was either Love Hina or InuYasha, I honestly don't remember. But then the first anime I saw that got me into watching more was Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya)

My first anime (that I remember) was either DBZ or Ronin Warriors. I remember at some point they were on at the same time.

I loved those as a kid. ;;A;;

The first anime I ever actually sat down and watched was Love Hina. I read the manga when I was like 14 but I can't remember how I got my hands on it. xD

My trend of sticking to romance/comedy/ecchi shows probably stems from this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the first anime I watched was the first season of Pokemon on Netflix one time... I don't remember if I watched any after it. I don't watch that much anime, to be honest. x3 Recently I have been trying to watch Sword Art Online though.

Escaflowne, although I have remember Gundam Wing better. I suppose watching a mecha anime with an emphasis on romance has shaped my tastes somewhat as an adult now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back