Anime & Manga What was the first anime that you ever watched?

When I was a kid, it was Pokemon. I remember getting especially excited when Johto Journeys came out. Haven't seen an episode since.

After that, I just started watching comedy animes, be they hammy (Azumanga Daioh) or satirical (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei). Zetsubou was also the first manga I ever read.

My firsts were at the same time: Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion.

I was six, you can tell it... may have affected me.

(nightmares, the DAMN angels man)

Other than the ones I watched as a kid, the first I watched and finished was Black Butler.

One of my favorites ever

Negima was my first ones. I was like, 9 or 10, and I started to get weirded out whenever they started talking about boobs n' stuff.

I know I was really into Pokemon as a wee babe, so I probably saw that before anything else. But the first one I really remember watching was Yu Yu Hakusho.

My first anime was Cowboy Bebop. I saw it before I even knew what it was or even realized how amazing that series is.

I think it's either Pokemon or Dragon ball :x

But the very first anime I religiously watched is Card captor Sakura ;_; ugh, feels

I grew up on Sailor Moon and Pokemon, but the first anime I watched when I knew anime was a thing was Death Note when I was in sixth or seventh grade.

Yugioh and One Piece, the two awful dubs! Back when I was a young lass, watched them every morning with my brother. I read the manga at my local library before ever seeing the anime though. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Sometimes the terrible Yugioh dub comes on TV, and I still sit down in front of it a prepare for a ride to remember!

Pokemon, back before I even knew what anime was. The first anime I watched that I knew was anime was probably Inuyasha.

Huh...not sure which I watched first, might've been Dragonball Z back in the day...but, honestly, I think it was Trigun, back in the pioneer days of little to no anime. Found a VHS at the local vidya store with 3 episodes of it, mid-season. Had no idea what the heck I was getting into, but I loved it. It took quite a while for me to hunt down the series afterwards, when I actually found out what 'anime' was. To put this in perspective though, this was probably around 1999 that I had found it.

Hetalia!

My first 'proper,' roleplay was on a game site that had a minor roleplay section. I didn't even know it was an anime at first; when I learned that it was, I immediately went off to watch the episodes I could. That roleplay was the best one I've ever been in. It reached 1000 pages and lasted about 3 years before dying. Hetalia always brings back good memories... I was about 13/14 when I began.

My first anime, after realizing it, is Pokemon: Indigo League. Other than that, it's probably Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z.

I watched Naruto in the eighth grade. Basically I got introduced to anime by my friends as they came into vogue. It's not really my thing anymore but I have good memories of most of them.

I wanna say it was Inuyasha for me...or was it Full Metal Alchemist? It's sort of a coin toss because they both came on Adult Swim...

Ahh, the good ole days.

I was just talking about this with the boyfriendo so I'll throw it here too; my first anime shows happened to be Dragon Ball and Pokemon (somewhat Sailor Moon) but nothing truly interested me until Bleach came around, and somewhat Naruto as well whoops. Thats what started it all. Not really into Dragon Ball or Pokemon now, but I'm rather surprised I didn't get caught up in Inuyasha like my friends had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back