Anime & Manga What was the first anime that you ever watched?

Ack! Reverse Harem! The bane of my existence... that and a lot of them are bad... though some are really really good.

I tried getting into Vampire Knight, couldn't. Might try again
:P to each there own. Vampire knight takes a certain amount of 13 yo girl angst to enjoy, its mostly just nostalgia and OG husbando at this point. :hearteyes:

:P to each there own. Vampire knight takes a certain amount of 13 yo girl angst to enjoy, its mostly just nostalgia and OG husbando at this point. :hearteyes:
I was 13 when I tried to get into. Then again boy angst is different :P

Just... don't watch Diabolk Lovers or whatever it is called

Parasyte! And I still consider it the best anime I have ever watched. It was the first time I pulled an all nighter, and I had finals the next day too.

Mine was Sailor Moon and I don't regret it at all. That was also my first time reading manga and learning that the manga is almost always better.

My sister rented VHS tapes of Sailor Moon at the local Blockbuster until I was four or five. I still remember scenes from it, and especially the intro. We also collected Studio Ghibli movies back then too. But the first episodic anime I began watching on my own was Soul Eater, when I was about 13.

I lived off of Dragon Ball when I was seven. Needed a daily fix and everything.

My mom used to turn on sailor moon a lot when i was young but the first anime i ever watched of my own accord was "Angel beats". I was a crybaby mess but at least it wasnt Clannad.

It was either Cardcaptor Sakura or FMA:Brotherhood that first got me into anime. Me and my dad used to watch the Dubbed version of FMAB when it was still airing/finishing up, and my sister started Cardcaptor before i did, so I ended up watching it with her after awhile.

They both happened around the same time, so idk which one got me into it first??? They still hold a special place in my Heart™

I'd reckon Zoids: Chaotic Century but other mecha titles were airing at the same time too like Mazinger Z, Voltes V and of course, Gundam Wing. I practically grew up around mecha titles~

Believe my first anime was Pokemon. Might have been Yu-Gi-Oh! as I recall watching both religiously every Saturday morning during my early grade school years.

The first anime I remember watching, was Hayao Miyazaki's "Castle in the Sky". It was at a crappy summer camp, where I was getting bullied and I was the only kid actually crying at the ending. I'll always cherish that movie and all the other anime seeds that were planted in my childhood... I don't know, if this reply will even be read on this thread. But I thought I'd share it, anyway. Just me practicing courage... Okay, well for anyone who actually reads this and likes Miyazaki's work - I hope we can be friends! Thanks, bye.

P.S. Speaking on forums makes me anxious, but I'm trying to be a little more courageous these days. Besides, I don't have any Senpai-s who I want to notice me. So, the bravery is for myself more than anyone else. I'm my own Senpai! And shout-out to any single Senpai (men & women), out there. Sorry for talking so much... You guys can debate about being your own Senpai without me, though. It's just a belief I have, that empowers me. Okay, I'm talking too much now...
See You Space Cowboys...
Sukai!

Honestly probably something on Tonami like Naruto or One Piece.

But the first anime I actually sought out to watch was Code Geass...

NEO YOKIO!!! Jk that show is hot shit. I first was subjected to anime when a babysitter I had brought a copy of spirited away. Sure it's an anime movie but it's still anime

The first anime that I consistently tuned into was Shaman King. I just really identified with the very laid-back protagonist, Yoh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back