what they make vs what they have

orionstark1482 said:
probably- but the thing about jade is their is a LOT of it compared to the other 4 MM. i mean their is a limitless supply of Jade. Orchalcum and Moonsilver and Starmetal are rare and soulsteel is hard to find outside the underworld. and only a few people can use the 3 celestial materials. where as their are millions of beings that can use Jade. besides the endless mines of jade it can also be manufactured by the gods from ambrosia. so i would imagine that for every 1 orchalcum diaklaive collecting dust in the Heptagram their are hundreds of Jade blades seeing battle.
 When you say 'use,' you mean 'use effectively,' right? 'Cause with a few exceptions, all Essence wielders can attune just about any artifact. It's gaining full attunement that's problematic...
you are right.  full attunement.

Since Starmetal is made from condemed gods' date=' it is going to be rare.[/quote']
A solar inquisitor+a not corrupt censor +  some gold faction backup = instant wagonloads of starmetal :P

Not necessarily. Remember all those unemployed gods in the slums of Yu-Shan?
also i am not sure completely on the mechanics but don't new gods manifest when something needs a god. so if suddenly their were fewer gods then jobs wouldn't new gods form to fill the jobs?

and another thing

in the GoD it says that sometimes gods take human souls and make things out of it. is this soulsteel or something else?

orionstark1482 said:
Not necessarily. Remember all those unemployed gods in the slums of Yu-Shan?
also i am not sure completely on the mechanics but don't new gods manifest when something needs a god. so if suddenly their were fewer gods then jobs wouldn't new gods form to fill the jobs?

and another thing

in the GoD it says that sometimes gods take human souls and make things out of it. is this soulsteel or something else?
Some other god gets a promotion or something similar steps up to its place.

Now, least gods--gods in charge of a single item--come into being all the time. Anything higher than that is a bonafide position, and needs to be filled if the current god vacates the position.

At least, I think that's what GoD came up with...

[shrug] Not just human souls, but sometimes divinities as well. The process is called soulforging.

My opinion is that the making of soulsteel is a corruption of that process, by using a Void-tainted material (the black iron) as a base on which the souls are applied. Regular soulforging may not even need another material as a base...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back