what they make vs what they have

Really? Only two per year? Ouch, Tepet's losses must have really been a kick in the jimmy. I would have put it at five a year. Oh well, still nice info to have ^_^

I'd imagine that two per year is their production capacity, rather than a number they churn out every year. I don't think they'd keep making them past a certain point. Jade artifacts are literally made out of money.

-S

Stillborn said:
I'd imagine that two per year is their production capacity, rather than a number they churn out every year. I don't think they'd keep making them past a certain point. Jade artifacts are literally made out of money.
-S
Yes it is the production capacity. They nearly never produce noble warstriders 'cause only house elders and immaculate monks have the essence to wear them and only immaculate monks do. In wyld hunts. According to the book it is common practice to throw in a siddie in a starmetal noble for fun once in a while :P nasty surprise for a newly exalted solar.

And how do the Siddies get away with that? Surely someone will notice that the noble 'Strider's not made out of jade?
The members of the wyld hunt are fanatics and if a superior tells them that all is in good order they will obey.

If some dynast asks too many questions he vanishes... or even better, he gets an assignment to the group which goes in first when they confront the anathema. the problem resolves itself that way.

Seems like kind of a waste of a perfectly good DB fanatic just so that the newly exalted solar creams himself when he sees the starmetal monstrocity.  I'm all up for over the top showmanship, but that may be a little out there.

Taking a starmetal warstrider off the lot for something like the wyld hunt seems a little unorthodox for the sidereals.

I can totally see the use of a warstrider like this with a sidereal working alone and in a remote area, when it's unwieldy to gather up a bunch of DBs to handle the job but you want a bit of extra firepower to make sure things go smoothly.

Arcane fate will make them forget, after a few days everyone will only remember the monk who happened to be an expert warstrider pilot.

Besides, using Striders was a big part of their function in the Hunt. It was the Realm's way of saying, 'This is how much we can fuck you over.' They used'em to qwell rebellion and what not by mere sight, and they threw them at the lions when in a Wyld Hunt.

People I ran for never knew that and thought I was going off the wall when I had a Strider show up. They liked it in the end though, didn't beat the Strider though, they ran like mad.   :D

Very true about arcane fate.

However, the sidereals do need to worry about being on the wrong side of the wyld hunt.  It would be a very confusing and conflicting sight for any DBs present.

Also, with the nature of those folks sent on the wild hunt, most of them would probably have a pretty decent wits + occult, so you can't automatically assume that everyone will forget them.

Would be an interesting story line though... a DB who witnessed a sidereal on a wyld hunt and never forgot him, while all his companions did.  He would try to uncover the truth about this mysterious person while all official records state that he doesn't exist.  Classic thriller ;)

Yeah, set up like "Against all odds, a memory from the past, a conspiracy that would shake the foundations of all he knew...he would find the truth in...

The Siderial Connection."

Or he would just be running around screaming about the new type of Anathema he saw.   :)

Again, moonlighting for Solfi's department...

(Btw, Solfi, I want my next paycheck in Ambrosia. None of that second-rate Quintessence, y'hear?)

CW, it's 'Sidereal.'

Sato said:
Very true about arcane fate.
However, the sidereals do need to worry about being on the wrong side of the wyld hunt.  It would be a very confusing and conflicting sight for any DBs present.

Also, with the nature of those folks sent on the wild hunt, most of them would probably have a pretty decent wits + occult, so you can't automatically assume that everyone will forget them.

Would be an interesting story line though... a DB who witnessed a sidereal on a wyld hunt and never forgot him, while all his companions did.  He would try to uncover the truth about this mysterious person while all official records state that he doesn't exist.  Classic thriller ;)
Out of material striders are not that uncommon especially for noble ones. the dragon blooded who can use them are just rare.

Indeed, you can bet a good talent that almost all of the Nobles are nice shiny orichalcum or maybe even moonsilver in the Realm.

Some First Age Lunar would have violently objected to the poor DB using a moonsilver 'Strider by now; as for the orichalcum 'Striders...wouldn't the powers-that-be be afraid of one falling into Solar hands?

Come to think of it, are there any instances where DBs are shown to use off-type MMs?

Some First Age Lunar would have violently objected to the poor DB using a moonsilver 'Strider by now; as for the orichalcum 'Striders...wouldn't the powers-that-be be afraid of one falling into Solar hands?
 Come to think of it, are there any instances where DBs are shown to use off-type MMs?
Not in the form of personal weaponry as there is plenty around but warstriders are an example where they don't have much choice if they want to use a noble one and with the new rules a noble one hands down beats the crap out of a common one cause it can more easily use essence weaponry.

Yes, but you can't think that ALL of thier big toys are all Jade. I'm convinced a number of their toys and airships have a big part of orichalc in them and warstriders as well. Maybe they just can't use a few due to the SICK attunement costs.

Yes' date=' but you can't think that ALL of thier big toys are all Jade. I'm convinced a number of their toys and airships have a big part of orichalc in them and warstriders as well. Maybe they just can't use a few due to the SICK attunement costs.[/quote']
probably- but the thing about jade is their is a LOT of it compared to the other 4 MM. i mean their is a limitless supply of Jade. Orchalcum and Moonsilver and Starmetal are rare and soulsteel is hard to find outside the underworld. and only a few people can use the 3 celestial materials. where as their are millions of beings that can use Jade. besides the endless mines of jade it can also be manufactured by the gods from ambrosia. so i would imagine that for every 1 orchalcum diaklaive collecting dust in the Heptagram their are hundreds of Jade blades seeing battle.

orionstark1482 said:
probably- but the thing about jade is their is a LOT of it compared to the other 4 MM. i mean their is a limitless supply of Jade. Orchalcum and Moonsilver and Starmetal are rare and soulsteel is hard to find outside the underworld. and only a few people can use the 3 celestial materials. where as their are millions of beings that can use Jade. besides the endless mines of jade it can also be manufactured by the gods from ambrosia. so i would imagine that for every 1 orchalcum diaklaive collecting dust in the Heptagram their are hundreds of Jade blades seeing battle.
 When you say 'use,' you mean 'use effectively,' right? 'Cause with a few exceptions, all Essence wielders can attune just about any artifact. It's gaining full attunement that's problematic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back