• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

seasonedcat

bloodless
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Refrea held her blade against the throat of her sister. Her voice boomed out to the demons her people held captive below her. "The people we have created have proved themselves faulty. They have murdered one of my children and as punishment, they must be purged! I ask for your best warriors to join our cause in punishing these fools who dare consider themselves to be equal to us! As one of the-" "Sister stop this madness! Have you ever considered that they might well be our equals? We gave them the ability to learn and adapt, but with the ability to use both light and dark. And they committed no sin, they bested your Angel in battle who broke the rule and ventured into their realm! We will not punish them for your arrogance! Or is it that you are afraid of them?" a loud slap echoed as Zerna's head jerked to the side, "I am not afraid of those mongrels."

She seethed with rage as she glared down to her sister who sat in chains before her. The fools allowed them to walk right into their realm, not distrusting them in the least. It was so easy for them to storm the realm as they sat unprepared. "It's not that you all have a choice. We have taken over your realm so now you have a simple choice to make. Help us destroy the human's realm, or let your kind perish." "Sister have you gone mad!?!" "Enough! Make your choice now." Refrea turned to the seven warriors in chains before her, "Will you let your kind perish? Or will you aid us? The future lies in your hands"

Her eyes were filled with disgust as she gazed at the sins, a hard frown clear on her face. They didn't have much of a choice, to be honest. If their race died so did they so there was only really one option for them. Unless of course, they are fine with dying and killing their entire race. Which was a worry for her because these demons were like animals, but she believed that they at least had some form of care for their race... right? It didn't really matter their choice that much, to be honest. If they said no they would just have to be forced to do so anyway, the never really had a choice in the matter, but you generally get better results in these sort of things if you pretend they have a choice.

Her gaze went on each of them one by one, lingering with a glare for each one for a couple of seconds before moving on to the next, finally stopping at the last one Gluttony. Her gaze stopped longer on them for a little longer, her disgust increasing, it wasn't unknown to the angels or the demons that they were only called whenever they were really needed, and sadly this was one of those times. She hated the sins, but those who take on the gluttony one of the most, and of course the lust one, their personalities are usually not the best... It didn't matter now, she had to do what she had to do to complete this mission. She removed her gaze from Gluttony and returned to staring at all of them. She smirked lightly to herself before letting it small, she wondered how the beasts would respond?
Juju Juju Siren77 Siren77 Missy Missy The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf kasigi kasigi User User

“It seems to me we don’t have much of a choice do we? For cowardly actions with stacked odds can only be met with one inevitable outcome.”

Spoke the low voice of the hooded figure sitting chained in the middle of the Sins. Three were on his left, and three on his right. If the Angel before him had done her research, she might recognized him as the harbinger of Wrath; Thane. Though most of his face was hidden beneath the cowl he wore, what could be seen was that of a stiff frown. Shifting a little where he sat, he craned his neck to get a better look at her.

“Should we choose to withdraw and refuse to aid your unholy crusade against the humans, we’ll be labeled as slothful marauders who let our entire species go extinct by the hands of you treacherous rats. But should we choose to follow, instead our souls will be stained with the blood of billions of innocents as we carry out the task you Angels are too high above to do yourselves. So either way, we suffer the consequences of your own plot, and we lose. But at the very least on one side of the coin we ensure our own peoples survival.”

“You claim you don’t fear them, and why should you? Your Holier Than Thou ideals have clouded your mind to deem all others outside of your kind to be mongrels. Yet I can see right through you. I have seen fear, many times. On the faces of those about to perish, or those who rise to challenge one of us Sins. It is unmistakable, as is your cowardice. Why you fear them, I cannot yet tell. But I know that in this very moment you lie through your teeth in an attempt to feign bravery and intimidate us, all to no avail. For I don’t fear you, nor do I serve you. But, I do serve my people. As the final High Lord of House Ix, I submit to your will. Spare our people, and I will aid you.”

"ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪɴ ᴏꜰ ʟᴜꜱᴛ"

“Will you let your kind perish? Or will you aid us? The future lies in your hands.”

If there was one thing Ceffyl learned from playing poker, it was how to call someone’s bluff. Light can not exist without the dark. Surely, the Angel wouldn’t be that petty as to ruin the balance of the world over the death of a little bird. Yet, something in the Sin’s mind kept her from pointing this out, because - whether or not Refrea was serious - she found the situation humorous and decided to play along with it.

Ceffyl cocked her head, an amused smile tugging at her lips. “My dear birdie,” she cooed in a condescending yet gentle way, “That was such a charming speech.” She attempted to stand, only to be pulled back down by the chains, her bare feet skidding against the floor as she was forcibly sent back into her spot. She puffed out her bottom lip as though she were a child denied a cookie rather than a prisoner.

Another demon’s voice remotely piqued her interest, causing her glance over to the Sin of Wrath. “It seems to me we don’t have much of a choice, do we? For cowardly actions with stacked odds can only be met with one inevitable outcome.”

Laughter bubbled from Ceffyl, slow at first, but then rose to fill the room. She leaned forward, wrapping her arms around her stomach as if she was trying to keep it from bursting. "Really? Are you seriously considering helping her?”

“I say we should just let everyone die!” She provoked, a Cheshire-Esque smile spreading across her face as she stared straight at the Angel. The markings on her body glowed ever-so-slightly, in an attempt to read the bird’s emotions. “In case I wasn’t clear, I’m going to have to with no. Sorry, my dear~.”

"Is that it? Why would you even need to ask? The answer is obvious." Mabul's tone was loud and clear, though he seemed a bit agitated. The chains keeping him restrained were rattled as he resisted them, tugging and pulling at them, though the attempts were futile - he had no expectations to actually escape by yanking them a bit.

The little speech she had gave seemed rather unconvincing to him, even with the intervention from Zerna, his choice would have been the same either way. There was definitely something behind the scenes that they were not being told about, but why not confront the issue at face value? After hearing what both Ceffyl and Thane had decided upon, Mabul ineterjected with his own input. "From what I've heard, you're insisting that we completely eradicate and entire race, solely dependant on either the petty, absolute waste of time reason that you've presented us with, or because you really ARE scared." Mabul's glow grew slightly in intensity, it was somewhat noticeable. He leaned in before speaking again, eyeing Refrea with determination. A wide grin was plastered upon his face. Mabul was entirely unsure whether or not whatever he said next would get an aggressive reaction out of her, but nonetheless, he spoke without fear on consequence. So what if she decided to kill him, he would not follow nor orders that were a waste in time.

"You never expected a being so great to be bested by the petty, lesser race, did you? It instilled you with fear!" Mabul's intensity died down, though he couldn't help but laugh, clasping his hands together. After some hearty laughter, he put a hand to his chest, gesturing to himself and lowering his head slightly. "Besides, what you offer to us is practically nothing. I am alive now, am I not?"

Either way, what he had heard thus far ensured that Mabul wouldn't consider anything else Refrea would offer or say, his opinion had been formed, and he had been weary of her from the start. He was actually somewhat surprised that Thane had accepted the offer, though he would not try to influence or try to make his decision change. "An absolute no from me. I wont have the likes of you make a decision for me." Mabul was both expectant and prepared for anything that came next, though the chains restraining his arms rattled no longer - instead of continuing to resist, he simply crossed his arms and waited.

Last edited:

HEBE, Sin of Pride

"Absolutely pathetic if you ask me, beautiful." Hebe said as she looked over to Ceffyl and then turned to her creator's distasteful half.

"Let me recap for you. You waltz into my house, blindside my family, INTERRUPT MY DATE! 'Threaten me' into these chains, drag me here, place a blade to my beloved queen and then you stand there and demand my help?" A low chuckle erupted from her and roared into a brazen laughter as she freed a hand to wipe a tear away. Once she was done she leaned back against the chains and looked up at the angered Refrea, with a cocky smirk. "You know, you could have just asked politely." Tossing her head her golden blonde hair rested alongside the chains and draped down to the floor. Resting her free hand under her chin she met Refrea's eyes with a playful grin. Oh the fun she could have with this one, so easy to provoke, so quick to act recklessly. However, glancing at her creator, Hebe's brow knitted ever so slightly, this was not the best situation for fun. "This is a dreadful first impression, dear."

The whole situation was an absolute disturbance to her day. Hebe had plans, plans that were to end with her getting laid by her drop dead gorgeous teacher and having some delicious wine. If her teacher hadn't told the household to stand down and to go with them Hebe would have slaughtered them all. Hearing from the sin holders of Wrath, Lust and Greed, Hebe was only growing more bored. There was nothing in this for any of them, this was the angel's temper tantrum. She should know full well that if she starts a war with them she'd loose so many angels there's no way she'd ever be able to take on the humans. Not that Hebe ever found humans to be that powerful. They make interesting weapons, however they are still just dumb bags of meat. Refrea's cute speech may sound scary to anyone who didn't piece what was really going on, so she'll benevolently help the rest out.

"Listen, I haven't been in the sin game for very long, but I'm a damn excellent business woman. I'm good at reading someone who's screwing me over and you, my dear, certainly are. Either this is a suicide mission or your precious angels are too weak to handle any humans, let alone us. You attack us you're only slashing your pigeon winged army in half, at the least. Then you certainly won't have enough for your so called 'purge.' Not that you'd succeed anyway. So how about you make me a better offer and I'll see about gracing your feeble associates with my services. Otherwise you should stop wasting my time. I have better things to do today than continue appeasing this absolute mediocrity."

Last edited:

Envy sat in her spot off in the side of the concourse, head placed against the ground as she giggled to herself. It seemed the chains did not bother her in any shape or form. Actually, it didn't look like anything bothered her. She was trapped in her own world. For those who paid any attention, she had been doing this the whole time since she had been dragged up there. The aloof great-horned demon appeared more interested in her conversation with the apparent floor-ghost than anything that happened before her. She whispered to herself while the others spoke their minds. It was probably something important, but she continued on as though whatever happened between the Sins and the Sister Goddesses had nothing to do with her.

"Haha... Is that really what she said? I don't believe it... She really is a dastardly woman, ain't she...? Being the mother of eighteen wolf-pups, shouldn't she know more shame? I'm sure she was -- Oh. What was that? There are others around me?" As she said this, Envy looked up for the first time. Her pupils were swirling pools of white in the eclipse that surrounded them. Judging by how her brows raised to the roof of her head, it was like she had just been woken up from a dream.

"When did I get here...? Um. Wait, they're expecting my response? Mine? Aw. But do I have to? I want to hear more of your story... Okay, fine. We'll talk later. Bye-bye."

With an awkward cough, the little demon straightened herself out and stood up. Not that she had much presence due to her meager height in the first place.
Her clothes were minimal, yet strangely intricate. The notched, pale robes were accented by various metal trinkets. A large piece of what appeared to be a pauldron was shouldered across her neck, while many smaller little oddities were strapped across her waist. A skull of a large, unidentified avian, fastened with metal, along with rings of ceramic alloy hung in rolls off a satchel by her thigh. She smelt awfully close to fresh soot and calamus herbs, a fiery plant found at the bottom rungs of the underworld. Those who were in the know of dark magic, can easily see the etchings of forbidden runes pertaining to Witchcraft inked into her skin, found all across her body, but focused mostly on her right leg. But the thing that made her stand out the most were the large, at least in comparison to her petite form, black horns that curled up her temples and into the sky. One alone was already twice the length of her head. The grand protrusions of demon-hood were decorated with rings and laces and bells -- pretty much whatever else that would hang off of them.

With a slight bow, Envy both jingled and spoke. And in this movement, one can see the missing arm beneath the cloak that sat snug across her upper body.

"H-Hello, my unwitting captors, and various confined kinsfolk! First, I'd like to thank you for... having me in these lovely little chains for the last couple of... weeks, months, Oh, I don't remember anymore... yes, quite comfy... The great liberators of heaven and light are as hospitable as they are reasonable, it seems..." her bare feet fidget as little Envy tried to speak clearly, her voice barely above that of a whisper, "Um... It was a pleasure hearing your resounding speech regarding this... very important issue...? Yes, most certainly!" bowing her head some now, as she pondered, "And well, I'm not sure why you even ask us for our opinion. I find that quite silly... yes, very silly indeed. Considering we are in chains, and all. Did I already mention that? Hm... Well, didn't you say so yourself? We have no choice. Yet you also said that we do...? Rah... I'm so confused... Oswatri is very confused, indeed..."

At this point, it was hard to tell which was in a more confusing state, Envy herself, the words of Refrea, or the sentences she was trying to form.

Envy glanced at the other Sins, turning back towards the Goddess of Light with a smile, "I may not understand what you're trying to say to me... But I do not appreciate you hitting my first mother. Would you please apologize? Then maybe... Maybe then, I'll listen to you."

Last edited:
Satiah

The almost distant voices of the group bickering gradually come into focus as Satiah returned from zoning out. She despised conflict, especially when she was in the middle of it. She intently listened to the remainder of the sins, observing as most if not all showed a firm opposition towards the winged-woman's blackmail. For only a few short moments, Satiah would shift uncomfortably, the chains tight around her, oppressing her thoughts against any attempt of escape she would seek.

As the different sins continued on their quest to share their views on such an informal formality, located on one of the end-sides of the group, Satiah painfully sat, her ears stiffened back, her legs spread under her as she balanced herself with her hands forward. She hated chains, leashes, forbidden entrance signs; she despised anything that stopped her from going where she pleased. While she would be one of the last to speak, her smooth yet almost dulled and slowed speech would chime in following one of the sins, "Such dire affairs.... and arguing, it is so exhausting?" She calmly stated, as if nothing was currently being threatened. Her eyes peered up at the sins who attempted to stand, almost cooing at how they still strived to battle the unbalanced odds. The golden talons that merged with the tips of her fingers lightly scratched along the hard floor before she continued, sophistically resting one of her hands over her chest as if pleading a case, "If you ask me, I say why don't you just let the humans destroy themselves... they are much better at it, I believe." She mused, the movement of her hand resulting in the soft singing of the petite jewelry bells that hung along her shoulders.

Last edited:
Beneath Yuephoria's feet, the black began to pool. It seeped from beneath dark-forged plate, still steaming from holy-fire, and began to slowly drain down the stairs of the castle's grand entrance. The guards had been given the choice of mercy, but like any wild beast, they had refused reason. Only when their comrades began to crumble did they seem to come to their senses and cast aside their weapons, though Yuephoria expected it was more to do with fear than anything else.

She gazed down at the handful of remaining demons, each forced into a kneeling position by links of golden light. "Esperance, Yondor, put these prisoners with the others. The rest of you spread out and secure the area. I want Honorguard posted at every entrance. Nothing leaves or enters the castle without our knowledge."

With a salute the angels took wing, stirring clouds of dust from the ground in their wake. A few remained by her side, one of which wore an elaborate helm. He followed her as she ascended the blood-soaked steps.

"What of the prince, captain?" she asked him while stepping over a slain demon, making sure to lift up her wings so as not to dirty her feathers upon the blood and filth.

"Still no sign, princess. I will have search efforts doubled immediately."

Yuephoria's eyes were distant as she half-listened to his words, but her reply was curt. "No."

"Princess?"

"Leave him to me." The older angel opened his mouth to object but Yuephoria was quick to cut him off. "I know these halls better than any of you and the prince trusts me. If he has hidden I will find him. Stay with the guards and ensure there are no stragglers."

Although it was obvious he wanted to say more, the angel dutifully inclined his head. Yuephoria passed him by without another word and made her way to the upper corridors. She told herself it was her unique knowledge or the trust, but really it was more than that. Something in her wanted to get to the prince before the guards.

✵✵✵

When her feet landed upon the top floor she could hear raised voices down the corridor, one of which was familiar. "Let go! W-where's my mother?" it shouted.

The hallway was too narrow for her flight so she broke into a sprint, rounding the corner to see an angelic guard dragging Prince Mikial by one of his horns. He struggled against them, whimpering in pain, but it was to no avail. The angel lifted a gauntleted hand to strike the young demon, only to find it bound back by a ring of blinding light.

"Yuey!" Mikial cried out, tears of joy glimmering in his eyes. With the angel's grip loosened he quickly broke away and tackled Yue's waist in a hug, being too short to give her a proper hug.

The princess ignored the little prince and instead glared at her guard. "You're dismissed. Leave."

They shifted uncomfortably. "Princess, I d-"

"NOW!"

With a stiff salute, they quickly left the scene, leaving Yuephria with the prince. He still had his face buried into the cloth of her armour, oblivious to the dried blood on her boots. Yuephoria reached down to give him a pat on the head, but thought better of it and instead took his hand in her own.

"Come, we need to get you back to your room," she explained, leading him towards the chambers.

"Yuey, what's going on? Th-the angel said he took the castle"
"Nevermind that, just follow."
"Where's mother? Yuey... I'm scared."

Yuephoria gave a sigh, "She's talking with your aunt in the throne room. We need some help from her and the Sins. Everything's going to be okay. Do you trust me?" She felt a small pang in her chest at his near-instant nod. "Okay, now let's just go to your room and wait."

seasonedcat seasonedcat Juju Juju

Grekinal frowned at the display before them, this was not a good situation in any forms. Their frown deepened even more at their fellow sins responses. They couldn't care if the people they were supposed to protect died? These people couldn't care if their own kind died, it didn't matter if they were a sin or not, they just didn't care. It was surprising. They never summoned the sin of gluttony to help with missions unless absolutely needed because of the power but also because they thought the sin was the most monstrous of them all and was there solely for bloodlust, but here they were and they were one of the few that actually cared.

Not to mention how... unhinged the sin of envy seemed. It made them feel afraid and nervous. She reminded them of their father. Of what he was like when the beast ate away at his mind and left nothing but an insane and hungry monster. How had they not known about this, yah sure they barely see any of the sins and aren't really wanted around in public, but how had they not known at all. She was literally the one thing that Gluttony was trying to prevent from happening to anyone who gets his sin, but also to any one of the sins who go mad with the power that they wield. And why hadn't the queen known about this?

Clearing their throat they spoke in a low raspy voice, "I want to protect both races as was the duty that was supposed to be sworn by all the sins, even if it had come out of the practice of officially being sworn, but it seems my kin think differently. I don't blame you of thinking of us as monsters if this is what you were presented with. I will do as you please to protect my kin, even if it pains me to do so. I just hope that whatever sent you here can forgive me for my sins and even you for what you are making us do, what you have done, and what you will do."
-
A smirk danced on Refrea's lips as she listened to the answers of the sins, enjoying as her sisters face distorted into a display of betrayal. Refrea sent a satisfied glance over at her sister as in saying that her people aren't good like she always said they were. They were all monsters, and even if there are 'good ones' they are most likely not real anymore. Her sister's creation is truly evil and always was. It was almost sad to see what her sister fought for so long to say they were good to fall apart right before her eyes at the words of 7 people, but it wasn't that said for Refrea, after all, she already knew all this and was waiting for this day.

Zerna felt tears well up in her eyes, but she refused to let them fall. She would not break now, even if this was everything she feared. Her people weren't bad, the sins were supposed to be protectors of the realm, and now they stood before her saying they didn't care if it died. When had she let this happen to her sins? She had before purged sins she thought were too dangerous to hold the power, but how had she not noticed this is what they were like. It broke her. Refrea wasn't kidding she wasn't going to let them out of this deal and she was not bluffing about destroying their entire race. She had tried too many times in the past, she had just thought she had changed. This was Zerna's fault she didn't see the signs from her own warriors let alone how insane her sister had gotten, but either way, she knew that this was the fate before them. Now it was all up to them what races were going to live or die in this story, would they find another way to go about this, or will they complete Refrea's plan and end the world as they knew it. It was up to her sins now, there was nothing more she could do, her end was soon. She just hoped that Mikial would be ok...

Refrea glanced once more at the sins, "It's not that I don't enjoy this little chat we are having but... I don't enjoy it so let's just end this because I am getting bored. You never had a choice I just wanted to crush my sister's little heart with the truth. She believed her children were good just like us angels and the 'humans', that we were all equal, but you all made my job much easier in showing her that she was wrong. Thank you, you've finally done something good in your pathetic lives." She glanced at one of the guards and nodded, singling them to grab her daughter, "Now because you all seem more incompetent than I originally thought you were going to be it looks like I'll have to explain how this is going to work for you.

Everything me and my sister have ever created has something we call a failsafe. Something that when activated destroys the world. We have tried to get rid of them, but whatever sent us both here made sure that all our realms had it for some reason, maybe to make sure we know we have a weakness, but it doesn't matter now. You will go to earth with my daughter and activate the five that are there. You will also need a human with you, but my daughter will take care of that. You need a human, demons, and angels there to activate them if you were wonder why. And before you think that you can escape while you are there, you will all be chained to my daughter. You will not be able to go within a set distance from her, will not be able to attack her, and will do as she says. Oh and don't bother trying to get out of them, the magic is far above you pitiful creatures. Now don't bother asking questions because I don't want to hear another word out of any of your disgusting mouths so I don't care if you don't understand everything, ask my daughter. As soon as she gets her your mission will begin, I would say Goodluck but I don't care about your wellbeing and that you will have to or else everyone will die including yourselves, of course, you will be alive until you complete it then you can die. Where is Yuephoria!" she snapped to one of the guards at the end, she wanted away from these disgusting creatures already.
Juju Juju Siren77 Siren77 Missy Missy The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf kasigi kasigi User User seasonedcat seasonedcat

Last edited:

Envy's face went pale. Well, paler than white, somehow. A half-white, perhaps. Her dull, star-like eyes went wide then she saw her mother's reaction to their responses.
"M-mother... why are you...?"​

Why was her mother so pained as to form tears? Did they mess up? But she didn't even understand. They did as they were told, did they not? The little girl shook her head and cried out as Zerna looked upon them in sorrow, holding out her arms and trying to reach out and comfort her. But each time Oswatri tried to step out, she was yanked back into place. She took the arcane shackles bound at her wrists and ankles in both her tiny hands and shook them for a moment. She shook them, once, then twice, then she glanced at the others around her for some sort of aid. But as soon as she looked up, Oswatri already knew. They would never help someone like her. They said she was broken. She didn't have to hear. She can see it by the way they looked at her. But she just didn't understand things that didn't make sense. Wasn't that reasonable enough? But, no.

She frowned at her helplessness and lonesomeness, until something clicked in her head and the girl crumbled down into her knees. She seemed deeply confused and let out a weak groan, shaking her head back and forth over and over.

The twin black horns swung to and fro.
"I don't understand... why are they making it so confusing...? Just speak clearly."​

Why was this happening? Was it because she didn't understand? She really wanted to, but her mother's other half, the temperamental Refrea, did not make any lick of sense. It was all her fault, wasn't it? They always said she didn't understand things other people thought were simple. Even if she always thought it was, in fact, others who didn't understand things she found simple. Misunderstandings buried within misunderstandings. She just didn't understand it. She wanted to know. But she couldn't figure out why.

Oswatri held her head in her hands and whimpered, feeling more helpless and afraid the more she thought and thought.
"No, please don't cry mother... I'm sorry... I'm sorry I couldn't understand... Please... I'll try harder... I just need to hear it again... again."​

At this point of time, Refrea was still speaking about the supposed 'plan'. She seemed to be making even less of sense than before. What was good? Who was good? Angels? Humans? Demons? Weren't they all bad for thinking of killing? But the little Sin didn't pay any further attention. Envy just wanted her mother to stop being sad. But she didn't know what she could do anymore.

She merely curled further into herself, whispering and shaking. Shaking and whispering.

Last edited:
“Truly Refrea, Goddess of the self proclaimed ‘divine’, you are one of the greatest cowards to have ever graced this plain of existence.”

Thane growled as he rose to his own two feet, with the shackles behind him limiting his mobility. He knew with his strength he could very well break free of the bonds, but that would only be an excuse for the Angelical forces present to erase him from the entire cosmos and destroy the powers of Wrath. Zerna may be forsaken in this moment, but the powers the Sins had been bestowed would not be.

While he didn’t break free, one would find Thane’s red electricity sparking up and down his left arm, aligning with the aged marks of Ix. All the while, his Silver eyes gleamed with rage from beneath his hood.

“Mark my words, even if your attempts against humanity are to succeed with our help. I assure you that I will do everything in my power to hunt you down and force you to atone for the Sins you will be enacting against an innocent race! You call us evil and disgusting, but last I checked GENOCIDE is one of the most unforgivable deeds any of your kind can enact. And on the way, I will slay and destroy every one of your people that stand against me. Just as the humans and demons have suffered for your actions, so too will you. This I swear, by the blood of Malphas that runs in my veins, you will suffer.”

“Until that day, I am at the behest of your unholy crusade and your own will as well as the will of your equally cowardly daughter. This is only to save my people, and most importantly my queen. As for the rest of you.”

Thane turned his head back and forth to the other sins present next to him.

“Those of you unworthy bastards that dare call yourselves sins, who have forsaken your people in choosing not to keep your dignity and stand up for our people. You are marked this day as well. No longer are you honorable warriors as I once thought, but lowly cowards and I will see to it that you are swiftly replaced by other worthy Demons.”

The WRATH boiled in Thane’s stomach, begging him to break free and slay those who had wronged himself and the entirety of Hell. But he stayed the course of peace... for now. Instead his gaze met that of Queen Zerna, and bowed his head.

“Forgive me, my Queen, for the crimes I will commit in the coming days. Judge me not too harshly.”
Juju Juju Missy Missy The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf kasigi kasigi User User seasonedcat seasonedcat

HEBE, Sin of Pride

Talk about strong arming, and here I was simply asking for a better offer. A show of force is hardly the way to get others to comply. Well everyone's a critic. How did Ilita deal with all this monotonous bullshit. Hebe thought to herself as she listened to the angel queen revel in her cruel revelations. Though she could care less about what the winged brat was spouting this time, she did notice the sadness on the queen mother's face. A distasteful bile began to waft up her throat from witnessing the scene. Seeing the avid disappointment in the queen was gut wrenching. Swallowing the sensation down the bitterness only solidified her stern gaze towards the two creators.

Hebe didn't pay much attention to her teacher's lesson regarding the role of a Sin. Instead she spent her time flirting and studying her new magic. She simply thought she would just handle being a Sin like a business. Maybe that was the wrong decision. The doubt that slowly crept through her chest not helped by the constant whimperings of the child beside her. Rolling her head she looked down at the ground and thought about her situation for a moment. Mind racing she suddenly grew very still, her body slumped forward, as if all the life drained from her body. Then her body began to tremble, as a wide grin grew on her face as she laughed yet again at the situation. Seems like she won't have a real choice in this afterall, then again nothing in this world is set in stone. This might actually be interesting if done right. However her thoughts were stopped as Thane began to shout and threaten everyone around him, including herself. Letting him finish she was far from amused at the old Sin holder.

"Well that was a lot of yelling." Rolling back she hopped up onto her feet easily, even with the chains pulling her down. Having only been a sin for a few years she hasn't bothered to introduce herself to the other Sins. She wasn't as graceful and wise as her predecessor, however she wouldn't let anyone else speak for her. Glaring daggers at Thane she spoke boldly. "Don't misplace distrust with disloyalty. What reasonable demon would ever accept the 'favor' of their aggressive captor? Especially a favor that would leave their realm without a protector, leaving the captor who's threatened this realm to have their way with it. My caution is far from disloyalty."

Turning to her queen she addressed her directly. "My Queen do not be saddened by our words, rejoice that you made us with both wisdom and free will. Even with freedom torn from our bodies we're free in mind and spirit. We're not broken empty yes-men like the angels, you made us truly free and capable of so much more than them. I love my realm and I want it safe. I'm willing to fight for it, but I believe my fight is here, not with the humans. I want more than this feathered traitors words that my realm will be safe when she drags us all away." Her eyes shifting towards Refrea her tone grew darker. "You've shown nothing worth trusting, or following. Your words are hollow boastings matched with a cowardly show of force. Show your boasted superiority in your actions prove that your kind won't harm ours while we're away doing your bidding." What's to stop her from turning on the failsafe for this realm leaving the angels with everything. Or even just killing them all while I'm away, I can't let that happen. She'd never leave without knowing Ilita and the others at home are safe. I don't make empty deals even as a prisoner. There's always something to barter and there's always a chance to motivate others. Sometimes she wished every demon could just read her mind. It would make things far easier for her.

Juju Juju Missy Missy The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf kasigi kasigi User User seasonedcat seasonedcat

• Yuephoria gazed down at the city below, watching as winged warriors flooded the streets or otherwise flitted through the air like an angry swarm of bees. Masses of demons were being forced into chains or otherwise being guided into pens like animals. They were foolish to resist, but judging by the growing pile of weapons in the city centre there had been some with their wits about them. All they asked was for obedience, and so long as they were compliant they would not need to fear angelic blades.

After they had dealt with the human problem and the corruption seeping within the earth, the demons would be free to continue their lives. Refrea knew how much the demons sympathized with the humans, a perverse fascination with the idea that they could be equal. That was why they had to be monitored. There could be no interference from their infernal cousins.

As she brooded, Prince Mikial sat on his bed, hugging some oddly shaped pillow with eyes. It was a mockery of some earthly creature, but she had forgotten what Mikial had called it. "Yuey, is it true that the angels have taken over?"

Yuephoria turned around, walking over to where the prince was sat. "It is not a 'take-over' because we do not mean to stay here. We are simply making sure everything goes according to plan. That's why we need the help of the Sins, and your mother."

"Do what? I want to help too!"

The princess was taken aback, growing silent as she gave the prince a strange look. If only he knew. She wondered what he would think of her quest to destroy the humans, probably cry. He had grown up reading stories about their long-lost heroes, most of them exaggerations of events that probably didn't happen. He would learn eventually, so she might as well tell him now. She opened her mouth to respond but was cut off by a knock at the door. It was time to return to her mother. Yuephoria sighed and told the guard outside that she would be on her way.

She looked back at the prince and gave a sigh, "If you wish to help your mother, stay in this room."

With a snap of her fingers, a golden chain appeared and latched onto the prince's wrist on one end and coiling around his bedpost on the other. It was long enough to allow him full access to every part of his room, and would be almost invisible and lighter than air unless he yanked on it. He gave a frightened whimper, but Yuephoria tried to ignore it. She returned to the balcony, touching the doorway as she passed under it. Light erupted from her fingers, spreading along the walls like a shimmery bubble of gold that sunk into the very stone. He would not be able to get out using magic, at least not at his age.

"I must go now." Yuephoria explained sternly, avoiding the prince's tear-filled eyes.

"Yuey, please don't leave. I'm scared."

Why did he have to make it so difficult? She paused for a moment, wondering if she should say something but thought better of it. With a flap of her wings, she took to the air, leaving the prince.

"ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪɴ ᴏꜰ ʟᴜꜱᴛ"
“Aw, I was just having some fun. I was going to say yes eventually.” Ceffyl giggled, standing back up and flashing an innocent smile to Thane. She tried wrapping a reassuring arm around him, only to be warded off by the red sparks. The demon opted for just giving him a friendly thumbs-up.

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, unable to understand the compassion the Sins felt for their creator. Why were they all sad? Why were they loyal? This figure has done nothing but create them. She never raised them or fed them or helped them get through the harsh world she created. She is a mother who abandoned her children. Ceffyl would never feel anything for her like the others did. But she had to try.

With a deep breath, Ceffyl shut her eyes and began sensing the emotions of those who stood beside her. Wrath, guilt, confusion, sorrow, shame, determination, worry. Even though it disgusted her to do so, she mimicked these feelings in her head, quickly practicing them over and over until she could reenact them perfectly. Then, she put on her show.

“Sorry, now probably wasn’t the best time for jokes. I don’t actually want anyone to die. Not even the humans. But if I have to choose one race over the other, I will protect my own.”

Her attention shifted towards Oswarti, the youngest of all the sins, who was curled into a ball, knees pulled to her chest. Ceffyl's eyes softened. Pathetic. “Hey, hey… it’s okay,” Ceffyl spoke softly, “Zerna is going to be alright. We just need to help her a little. Try to be happy for her, okay? Seeing you happy will make her a little bit happier.” As she spoke, she tried using her magic to manipulate Oswarti’s emotions. She invoked feelings of cheerfulness. It wasn't necessary, but there was something about this child's dependence that frustrated her. Yet, it made her feel slightly protective at the same time. She quickly glanced away, not allowing herself to pity the girl for another moment.

Hebe suddenly spoke up and brought up a rather fair point about the safety of their home. "Don't worry, hon. We'll be okay." She tossed her a wink. "I mean, we will be working with her daughter." Ceffyl knew better than anyone that punches weren't the only way to hurt someone. The demon then glanced back to Refrea, who smugly stood above them. "This sounds fun. I've always wanted to see a bird fly." She clasped her hands behind her back and flashed a smile when Yuephoria entered. "Oh! Speak of the devil."

"These are the sins? They seem... shadowed by their reputation."
Behind her back, Ceffyl's hands squeezed each other tightly. It didn't bother her how she spoke about them, but it was the look she sent Oswarti. "Yes, well, to be fair, so do you." She interjected with a friendly smile.

"Anyways, I don't mean to cut your whole introduction short, princess, but when are we leaving? I'm getting awfully tired of just standing here."

Siren77 Siren77 Missy Missy The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf kasigi kasigi User User seasonedcat seasonedcat

Mabul studied Zerna's face as he watched in warp into something akin to disappointment, though it confused him at first, he understood how what he said - what some of the others had said as well - could be interpreted. "I-" He started to speak, though was stopped, as Refrea continued her monologue that she broadcasted to everyone nearby.

What she said began to irritate Mabul, he didn't like it at all. He knew he probably didn't have a choice either way, even when asked, but then came what she said afterwards. He became angry with the assumptions she was making. Everything she said, she didn't know who he was, what is she talking about? Pathetic, incompetent, all these vile words thrown at him, who is she to say these things? "Do not doubt me.." The ultimatum that he and the other sins were given at this point was something that they could not refuse. Help her or die, what else could he do? Mabul's desire to live was enough, but at what cost? To commit genocide upon a whole, innocent race? The moral costs wouldn't be worth it. He reached a standstill mentally, he wasn't sure what the hell he should do. "I refuse to be the direct cause of a whole civilization being completely wiped for existence. I will do anything in my power to make sure I do not bloody my hands with the lives of the innocent. You existence is a plague, Refrea." Mabul refused to let what Refrea said go, narrowing his lips as he glared straight at her. "And who are you to say such things? You don't know me, I won't let you look down on me." He yanked at the chains, the sound of them being cracked and whipped around echoed. "You're looking down on ME?" He seemed filled with genuine anger at her words, and he was, he was absolutely livid, the intensity of his glow growing stronger once more. Though, he obviously tried to relax himself, taking a deep breath. After a few moments, he stopped yanking on the chains, though it was obvious he was still immensely irritated. He thought about everything else she had said - it appeared that they were going to be forced to do her bidding. What the hell is this?

Just as he began to cool off, the remarks of Thane rattled in his head. His head turned to his stare at him, though he did not yell, as he did to Refrea, he spoke more calmly.. "Do not assume that you know whatever goals any single of us has in mind. You have no right to question my honor as a warrior, for you are ignorant to my ideals, morals, and actions. I will not commit genocide, though I will fight to save my race as well. I do hope you will, too."

Things weren't going too spectacularly, but it seems like the others sins had a proper head on their shoulders when it came to the decision, for the most part. Though, he felt especially sympathy for Oswatri. She seemed confused, scared? None of them had a choice in this, after all. He was just glad that she was being comforted.

Mabul put a hand on his forward, his gaze turning to the ground. What could they do, now? It was a tough position to be in, they'd just have to wait until they were sent of, to do anything drastic. He spoke to the other sins. "At the very least, let us all try to come to an understanding, yes? We will not get anywhere if we show resentment towards one another. We will do as she says, for now, even if we don't like it."

Satiah slowly rolled her eyes as she painfully listened to Refrea's threats and mockery, accompanied by the waves of shifting attitudes belonging to other sins in the heroic name of protecting their own. There was no denying it, however, the honesty that twisted in the hateful venom of Refrea's words. For many centuries Satiah lived among these demons, some of whom now lay motionless, bathed in their own blood a few feet away. Satiah's gaze would only tentatively look upon the Queen Mother, which only offered confirmation the lethality of her dreaded captor's words. Regardless of her passive personality, the words gripped tighter than the shackles that collared her wrists and ankles. While she held little feelings for her kind, the sin within her would twist within her stomach at the thought of their demise. Her eyes narrowed, dangerously so as she listened to the threats, both angelic and demonic alike, especially as the princess returned to the scene. Her words come in grumbles now,

"Angels, such pestiferous beings. You make me choose between my little treasures and blood." She sighed, the latter of her words louder as she remained sat, cross legged with her arms hugged together, her golden talons lightly tapping on the pale flesh of her arms.

The remainder of her quiet thoughts were abruptly disturbed as her chains shook slightly from whiplash as one of her neighboring sin's fought against the chains in vain. Soon following, her eyes would widen, finally observing the states of the other demons. There was no missing the weeping sobs of confusion from Oswatri as Ceffyl tried to comfort her nor that of the vengeful glares of Thane. "Relax... Mr. Sparks... or you will surely fry us all now anyway. "She held up one of her hands, shaking it limply as if presenting the chain around it like a broken toy to further provide her point. " It doesn't appear we have a choice anyway."

Siren77 Siren77 Missy Missy The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf kasigi kasigi User User seasonedcat seasonedcat

Combined post with Juju Juju
--
Yuephoria frowned at Ceffyl’s comment, her eyes holding all the distaste of someone who had gazed upon an insect. “The opinions of liars, harlots, and savages hold little merit,” she said cooly.

Refrea let out a chuckle at her daughter’s comments, the sins were really as much of a disappointment as she had thought they were going to be. Her heart swelled in sick satisfaction at the clear mistake her sister had made in creating these ‘sins. She allowed the people to fight for the role, leading to only savages to claim the spots. Good fighters are not always the best to guard the realm, you choose the best and turn them into good fighters.

The princess seemed relatively uncaring of the next sin’s babbling, the short one with glowing skin until he began to insult her mother, calling her a plague and other bold claims of her inferiority. How dare it? Rage burned up, boiling to the surface as glowing sparks upon her fingertips.

Blinding light slashed down upon Greed’s face, searing his flesh until there was a plume of smoke.

“You speak to The Light herself, such insolence” Yuephoria hissed, “You think that your title as sin gives you power? You are nothing.”

Knowing her daughter's intentions by the rage clear in her eyes Refrea let out a quick snap, “Enough Yuephoria! Sadly we need them alive to do this… just ignore them, The lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.”

At her mother’s words, Yuephoria stepped back, the harmful light disappearing. “Yes, of course, mother,” she said.

Refrea let out an annoyed sigh at her daughter’s words, “Alright then get on with the ritual, I don’t have all day!”

A shadow passed over the princess’s eyes, darkening them for a moment, “As you wish.” she said, nodding stiffly.

She lowered her head in concentration, lifting her arms towards the chained Sins. A ring of light ignited beneath her feet, blooming outwards in blazing arches of purest white. The brilliant tendrils snakes across the ground towards the helpless sins, twisting around them in an intricate circle like the one below the princess’s feet.

The light would be painful to both the skin and eyes of such dark-accustomed creatures, all the while a thunderous hum began to drown their inner thoughts. Soon the ring of light began to condense, forming the familiar shapes of chains. They rose up like adders before plunging into the Sins, though left no mark or wound upon the flesh.

The Sins could feel it tugging at them, not just their physical forms, but something deeper. Their very souls felt shackled by these unyielding links of light. The pain would be great, but only for those who struggled against them during the bonding process.

Once each Sin had been bound to Yuephoria, the light vanished along with the chains, though their presence was very much still there.

Refrea nodded in satisfaction at her daughter's work, “Alright now I will teleport you to the nearest descendant of the first man, you can explain them the rest. Good luck. Don’t disappoint me.”

Refrea placed her hands together before moving them in opposite directions, making the form of a circle. Light followed her hands making a glittering trail as she did so. Once she finished the circle she let her hands drop and it flew gently over to the group. She didn’t bother to unchain the group as the original chains they used to restrain them would not come with them when they teleported, of course, they wouldn’t know that.

The circle floated over to them and stopped above their heads, it grew in size until it was wide enough to fit them all in it, then descended to the ground. The moment the circle touched the ground the group was gone. The rest was up to them now.

The morning was calm and still, with the last drops of the night’s dew just beginning to dissipate upon the blades of grass. Crickets sang their swansong to a light breeze that stirred the flowing field of wheat into a lazy sea of gold. It was an uneventful morning, much like the one that came before, but it was not to last.

With a flash and a roar like thunder, holy magic bored into the centre of the field, completely incinerating the crops in a wide blackened circle. Embers gathered in small runes upon the outer edge, leaving behind unnatural grooves in the ground. In its center, the fateful group had arrived.

While the sins could still feel the phantom bindings, they would realize they no longer had any sort of physical shackles and could move freely again. Just how much freedom they had, however, was still yet to be known.

“Stay close and be silent,” Yuephoria commanded without looking at the sins.

Her eyes instead took in her surroundings. While they were currently in the middle of a wheat field, she could see a meagre homestead in the distance, and just beyond it a forest of lush trees. Some sort of crude path made its way into the greenery.

The princess took a moment to gawk at the sheer amount of vegetation. No plants grew within her home, save the magically maintained gardens and croplands of the outer islands. Here they were just...unchecked. Even the air felt heavier, filled with strange earthy scents that almost made the princess choke.

This world must be tainted so. She thought in alarm. I must cleanse myself, lest I too fall victim to such impurities.

Brought to you by this is more better™
Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Siren77 Siren77 The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf Missy Missy User User kasigi kasigi

Satiah
Following a few static moments of blinking after the teleportation, Satiah sharply looked around as she plopped down to the ground. The stretched out golden fields of repetitive, yet pleasant patterns drew her eyes for a short moment before her attention was redirected upon impacting the ground. The sheer sensation of the soft, flatted crops resulted in Satiah desperately patting the ground around her, her golden talons digging into the ground, not expecting it to be so soft, in comparison to their homeland. With a soft cooing sound, she would let herself fall back onto the ground, looking up at a now open sky. The growing light of the rising morning forced her to squint, her eyes better adapted to the dark comfortable caverns of the underdark. Here. yes this is where she will remain for a bit. It was quite comfortable, abnormal, but comfortable.

Oblivious to the sudden command of Yuephoria, she would rest her hands over her stomach, her pale white hair messily spread out under her. As she moved her second hand, Satiah realized a worm-like hairy beast had climbed onto one of her claws. She held it up over her face, almost curiously watching it slowly move. She brought it closer to her face, sniffing it carefully. It didn't seem like a fierce beast of her land. To her amazement, and unavoidable aura given off by her to those vulnerable and too close to her, the caterpillar would begin to meld itself into a cocoon, gradually as it hung from the tip of her claw.

~stay close and be silent~

Satiah growled under her breath as the reminding command of the phantom chain echoed within her mind as Yuephoria started to depart to wherever, Satiah cared not. Finally Satiah turned her head, looking to the other Sins, observing how they reacted, simply wishing for some form of entertainment.

Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Siren77 Siren77 The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf User User kasigi kasigi

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back