Viewpoint What music do you listen to during RP?

Like others, what I listen to during RP depends on that roleplay's tone/genre. A lot of the time it's game soundtracks. I can listen to music with lyrics, but they have to match the tone. Does anyone else find themselves imagining scenes/character from a roleplay like it's the opening animation to an anime when a song just fits? Lol.

Interesting things I've noticed:
  • If I consistently listen to the same playlist/album during a particular roleplay, eventually that music can instantly snap me into the zone for it. Especially if I was listening to it from the beginning (so it probably matches or influenced that roleplay's tone to begin with).
  • Music I listened to a lot when I was younger gets me into a more creative mood when I'm having a creative block. I don't know why this works, I just know that it does. Some brain thing related to nostalgia?

Mostly, I like to listen to instrumental music on low volume. I have a hard time concentrating to music that have lyrics when I write because I just find myself singing along to it. Most recently though, it’s been Genshin OST that creatively inspires me. I love, love, love the music for this game as it gives me calm and whimsical vibes!

It depends what sort of roleplay it is.
I generally listen to music that fits the vibe (love a good roleplay playlist too!)

For example if it's a wholesome love story, i'd listen to love songs, if it's a gung ho all action type roleplay i'd listen to hard rock music etc

Obviously, like many others have mentioned here, it depends on what I'm writing, but considering my main genre...I'm a big fan of Peter Gundry compositions

I like to make playlists for my characters, so I tend to listen to those when I write them. I kind of want to get more into listening to instrumental music when I write though, because sometimes the lyrics distract me ^^"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back