Other What motivates you?

dirt

bitch
Roleplay Type(s)
Okay, question. I'm trying to motivate myself to do stuff, not just for roleplays, but for other things too. So I'm just wondering where/how you guys get your motivation, I guess?

Thank you <3

I generally have to get other people to hold me to it. If I'm expecting me to do something, whatever. If I promised someone else I'm going to do something, I don't want to let them down.

For me, it’s usually music. I connect with my muse through playlists.

The hope that I may one day see Half-Life 3 get released.

Something that motivates me knowing that you only live life once. I try to enjoy every moment I have given to me as much as possible.

My S/O. I know that's cringey, but I wanna be able to provide them with a good life.

I'm a sedentary creature by nature. But doing nothing requires a surprising amount of money so I still have to work. Also, even I can only sit around and do nothing for so long before I get a little stir-crazy. So, when I suffer through these bursts of activity, I try to point them towards something productive. Does that count as motivation?

Dopamine. I will do anything for it. Most neurodivergent individuals will be driven by it. The trick is to withhold it with bad habits. Good habits, its more work to get that dopamine but better for you. Baby steps seem to be the best way. Best example I have is my current goal to walk 10,000 steps a day. I have a report on my phone usage. I also got a cheap little step counterwatch. The current goal is 7,000 steps a day. So I am working to replace useless screen time with the dopamine of seeing I am getting to my goal of steps. It will take some time but I have seen shifts in my daily habits. Having the data from my step counter that I can see in a chart on my phone gives me a measurable way to motivate myself.

I am also a big believer in scheduling anything that needs to get done in my calendar as a daily reminder until it gets done. I was able to delete "update your billing for your phone" and "getting the old internet canceled" off my daily reminders. That was nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back