• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

What it takes to be a Warrior | Responses

@DemonKitten

So we're farther from the Gorge than expected... I'll need to look into the Wiki a bit to get a solid grasp on the topography surrounding Thunderclap and ShadowClan. I'll delete my original response once I've at gathered enough information, and replace it with a new one.

I wanted to make sure you got a good response not due to my lacking of putting a settings page. I will add a settings page and you have a few days. 

Not sure if you guys were aware of this trend...

Auto correct...

@DemonKitten

So... Even though we're not using a canon location for SkyClan, are we still making use of the canon locations in The Lake Territories? If so, my answer can remain the same, as there's a river (or rather, rivers depending on how far North you go) running between ThunderClan and ShadowClan.

> Speak up and say what she thinks the answer is.

[SIZE= 16px]Speak up, Duskpaw! Now's your chance to take the lead and impress the mentors! You're supposed to be the protagonist, so state your mind and be honest and unreserved about what you think. It'll resolve a lot more problems in your future than you think. Of course you're not sure what to do - you're not intended to get the question right on the first guess, unless you're really lucky. You're gonna learn regardless of if you're wrong or not, so saying you don't know the correct answer is a bit redundant, don't you think? Being too humble makes you look meek and easily pushed around, and will probably lead to no one really respecting you, which is not something you want in your life.[/SIZE]

> Scent on the way out, memory on the way back

You can probably still smell the trails left behind by other patrols, as it was mentioned there were filled patrols earlier in the post. There's no possible way you're going to know the layout of the territory on the first outing, so keep an eye on your surroundings and try to look for possible paths or outstanding plants and objects around you. You should also take good care to note which direction the lake is in, which is probably another scent-based skill. I think it was stated multiple times in the books how one could smell the lake from a good distance away, so use that as a point of reference for getting around the territory. As you didn't turn after leaving camp, note in which direction the lake is in relation to the way you're facing. Is it on the right? The left? Ahead of you? Behind? Keep that info in mind, as it'll tell you which general direction you need to go to get back to camp. Lake-based directions should basically replace the two-leg conventional North-East-South-West. 

@DemonKitten

In that case, my response can remain largely the same. I've deleted my previous post and relocated the modified version here.

> Speak up and say what she thinks the answer is in a manner that is humble; the group's mentors are the patient sort, so there's no meaning in keeping things to herself, and they'll undoubtedly be willing to teach Duskpaw the proper method(s) to figure out where she's going if she admits that she is unsure of her answer. It seems best to admit her own faults in that case, as to make sure there are no misunderstandings in her knowledge of tracking and/or topography.

> Through the scent and sound of the River and Lake; The River can be used as a East/West guide (if SkyClan is to the West of the river, the sounds/scent will become more prominent the further East the group goes, and will decrease the more West they go; vice-versa in the case SkyClan is to the East of the river), and the Lake can be used as a North/South guide. The river should be more brisk in scent and sound, as it's constantly flowing. Meanwhile, the lake will have a more... Damp, muddled scent, mainly due to the plants that grow along its shore, and the natural muddied ground that develops along the shore of every non-artificial lake.

I'm not sure how much Duskpaw knows regarding SkyClan's surroundings, but if they're approaching the river, she could say 'Towards flowing water', as it could remind her of rainfall flowing along and over the Clan. If they're approaching the Lake, she could recognize the scent's slight familiarity with puddles after the same type of weather. It'd also be possible to tell which direction the group is heading simply by remembering which parts of Skyclan they passed directly before leaving... But it's unclear whether Duskpaw knows just where 'The exit near x and y' would lead out of the camp, seeing as she hasn't left the Clan's grounds up until now (supposedly). Therefor, using just the 'scents' mentioned IC seems to be the most reliable choice.

Sorry everyone! If you have seen my statuses, I have been rather behind in life situations and unable to put some time, but I will be doing this tonight after homework. I would do it on the phone, but I wish to make each post very well written to a certain extent. 

Sorry everyone! If you have seen my statuses, I have been rather behind in life situations and unable to put some time, but I will be doing this tonight after homework. I would do it on the phone, but I wish to make each post very well written to a certain extent. 

S'alright.

I've been waiting on a different RP for like... 6 Months? I'm on my phone, so checking is a bit inconvenient, but my point is that I'm a patient ghost. Take your time -- especially if it's to raise the quality of the work.

[SIZE= 24px][COLOR= rgb(75, 0, 130)]Responses Closed. Choices made.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

(I will be setting up a nice schedule for myself)

> Speak up and say what she thinks the answer is in a manner that is humble; the group's mentors are the patient sort, so there's no meaning in keeping things to herself, and they'll undoubtedly be willing to teach Duskpaw the proper method(s) to figure out where she's going if she admits that she is unsure of her answer. It seems best to admit her own faults in that case, as to make sure there are no misunderstandings in her knowledge of tracking and/or topography.

> Through the scent and sound of the River and Lake; The River can be used as a East/West guide (if SkyClan is to the West of the river, the sounds/scent will become more prominent the further East the group goes, and will decrease the more West they go; vice-versa in the case SkyClan is to the East of the river), and the Lake can be used as a North/South guide. The river should be more brisk in scent and sound, as it's constantly flowing. Meanwhile, the lake will have a more... Damp, muddled scent, mainly due to the plants that grow along its shore, and the natural muddied ground that develops along the shore of every non-artificial lake.

@Noivian @Ensig @TheCountryWarrior

Last edited by a moderator:

What should Duskpaw explore?

> A strange, gagging scent that might be cat nearby

> A vole, she could try and catch

>A rather sweet scent that seems familiar...

> something else (write in)

Last edited by a moderator:
> The strange, gagging scent that might be a cat nearby

Following Duskpaw's current desire to learn more as well as her newfound confidense, the most 'unfamiliar' choice would probably be the most appealing to her at this time.

I'm also genuinely curious what the source of the scent is.

[SIZE= 24px][COLOR= rgb(75, 0, 130)]Responses Closed. Choices made.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

(Schedule is up... I will post on Sundays most the time, sometimes I will post on a Wednesday if I have time or enough responses)

>  A Rather Sweet Scent That Seems Familiar

This was decided with a random generator since we had a tie.

@Noivian @Ensig @TheCountryWarrior @Angelofwishes7

[SIZE= 16px]What should Duskpaw do with the plant?[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]> Report it to the Mentors.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]> Take a small bite[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]> Let Wolfpaw take a bite[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]> Write in.... (this can be something totally different and not concerning the plant)[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]I will take multiple choices in this case[/SIZE]

Should Duskpaw....

> Ask her question about the plant

> Ask about what was discussed

> Change her mind and not ask anything

> Follow a different path??? (this is a mystery situation)

> Write in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back