Other What is your most cherished Christmas/holiday memory?

volchan

Dearheart
Helper
Since Christmas is right around the corner, I thought I'd ask :3

As for me, I think my favorite Christmas memory so far was when I was really little. I was sleeping in my two little brothers' room when our parents rushed in to wake us up (my parents have always been almost more excited about Christmas morning than most kids are), saying they thought they heard Santa's sleigh. My dad rushed off, stating he was going to go get the camera, while my mom kept us peering out the window. Within another minute the sound of sleigh bells and cheerful ho, ho, hoing reached our ears and, of course, we all freaked out and dove into our beds to make sure Santa didn't catch us awake. I always loved that memory growing up, and now as an adult I realize how hard my parents worked to give me and my brothers great Christmas experiences.

So, what is your favorite holiday memory? : )

When I was in kindergarten, we had a Santa come to our school before Christmas and ask us all what we wanted. Before that, I had gone to Walmart and wanted a specific Batman figure but I didn't end up getting it for reasons I can't recall. I told the Santa that I wanted a Batman figure, and a few days later he came back to our class and gave everyone the presents they asked for, and I got the exact Batman figure I wanted.

Sometimes I like to think back on that and consider the possibility that Santa might be real, and that one day he'll bring me a girlfriend to make me happy. I think it's sad that my only cherished Christmas memory is one that involves me getting a present, and not one that involves me spending time with family or friends. I guess Christmas has always been lonely for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back