Other What is your favourite accent?

It's hard to say, I like accents in general but I think I like Russian accents much better.

Another vote in for Scottish and Irish from me!
although mr. half-irish boyfriend does a great irish accent so maybe I'm a wee bit biased

i definitely wish i had an australian accent, or maybe even a british accent. anything is better than my accent - it's so plain. Cx

I've got to say it's the irish accent is my favorite. It sounds casual yet powerful, and it goes great with cursing. And it's a little harder to tell if an Irishman's drunk cause a lot of Irish dialects slur as if they're already hammered.

I've also got Scotts-Irish blood, so I might be biased. Sue me.

It all depends on the region, but I simply adore a UK accent. Something about a deep and proper but not overly pretentious British accent just... yeah. It gets me. I'm a southern girl from the states, so while I despise my twang they tend to like it more than other people from the US who typically equate a drawl with ignorant assholes. That helps.

Cajun because ~interesting. And kind of sexy. NZ or Canadian because cute and fun to imitate.

And as a city-dwelling Australian, I'm pretty sure our accent is a myth.

Southern (USA) accent is mighty fine.

Though, as with all things, it depends on rules 1 and 2. It's the difference between Lifeguard McCree sounding like a goofy cowboy, and Helsing McCree sounding like a sex god.

German mainly because it sounds cool and I love saying fucked up things with it too!

I also love the southern USA accent too, because it's iconic and can be used really well if you speak with intelligence.

Two particular people's accents are favs:

1. The cutest Southern accent I ever heard, which was from the cutest waitress I ever had, at a seaside town in Georgia.

2. The Irish accent of a local historian in Clonakilty, west County Cork, Ireland. Part of what I loved about it was how it made the stories, funny quotes, or expressions that much better.

That's always a hard one. My heart melts at any UK accent, and since of course half of my family is from Spain, I'm partial to Spanish accents, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back