What is the best piece of video game music you've heard?

I completely agree. Usually whenever this topic comes up I just post a link to the entire OST, but that's so much more of a commitment. So I just went with that particular track. If anyone discovers it through me and checks out the rest of the music then I'd be quite happy.

Real shame that Nier was the hidden gem of last generation. For its faults when it succeeds it's absolutely amazing. Hoping the sequel gets more attention.

It's sequel for PEEE CEEE, no less. I'm not going to stop being excited about that until release. 

Seeing Nier come up always makes me a little sad, because I haven't played a Yoko Taro game since the first Drakengard and can't play them right now cause no TV ;~;

It's sequel for PEEE CEEE, no less.

...I didn't know that! Fantastic. I'd like to move everything over to my desktop and cut back on hardware. As far as upcoming games go that just leaves P5, FFXV, and Death Stranding whenever that comes out.

Get outta here with that subscription price increase, Sony.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that Death Stranding is an exclusive makes me want to scream.

So does the fact that no TV means no P5, but at least I don't need a whole new console for that one.

I'm a sucker for battle themes. This been on my mind a lot lately.

and the black mages version just... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Since everyone else has covered a lot of the best of the older titles I thought I'd give a shout out to some of the more recent ones (last 4 years)

Both of these games rely heavily of the musical aspect and that works out amazingly for the game play.

Here's a piece of music that sounds like it unmistakably came from a video game. It's a love song to the synth sounds that video games used to use for their music, and it sounds pretty good, I might add! This song is from Touhou, and it's used for arguably the most intense fight in the entire series: the duel against the gap youkai, Yukari.

I guess the FFVII remake has pretty good songs. The new version of One Winged Angel is pretty dOPe.

I'd have to say the best pieces of music for me are the following:

You Will Know Our Names, the Unique Enemy battle theme from Xenoblade Chronicles - really, the whole soundtrack for that game was awesome as heck and epic as all heck!

Open Your Heart and Live and Learn, both by Crush 40 and from the Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle games respectively, as well as Reach for the Stars from Sonic Colors.

Simple and Clean and Sanctuary from the Kingdom Hearts series - particularly Simple and Clean's credits version for the soft, sweet sound of the song and both versions of Sanctuary for how awesome the music is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back