What is the best piece of video game music you've heard?

Khadame

thugdere
As the title states, what is the best piece, or several pieces, of video game music for you?

Personally, the Twin Princes Bossbattle in Dark Souls 3 had really, REALLY great music. Gets you hyped as hell.

This might be weird, but the Sims 2 music. Not because it's that magnificent, but because it helps me stay focused while I'm studying. It's probably the only music I can listen to while still being able to get work done.

I prefer this, Kingdom Hearts II. Twilight Town's combat theme (Roxas's version) is catchy. Do trust me, it's the best thing I ever heard when fighting against the Heartless. Especially for the FFXV (Final Fantasy XV) Battle Theme. I did played the demo for myself, but what the heck, I'm going to add several BGM's from FFXV Demo. It's worth listening while PLAYING the demo, it blends in perfectly with the music. (Also, Just get in the hype train, no questions needed.)

Kingdom Hearts II

FFXV: Platinum Demo

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chrono series' soundtrack is just pure bliss. I specifically recommend Chrono Trigger (main theme), Corridors of Time, and Time's Scar

For a mobage, Granblue Fantasy has some really nice tunes, especially the battle tunes. 

The theme to one of the final bosses:

There was also Xenoblade, both Chronicles and X had good stuff in em. X especially stood out with its industrial metal reminiscent of Metal Gear Rising, which was no slouch either.

The Hymn of the Fayth from FFX, for some reason that's the first thing that comes to mind. Haven't heard it for years and now I'm listening on loop. Curses.

Eh. There are many I really adore, but the ones that never fail to make me cry are ME3's An End Once and For All, We fought as a galaxy united, Moment of Silence and Farewell and into the Inevitable. 

"The first time I saw a Witch, she burned."

Compared to it's predecessor games D3 may lose out in the base feel, but it certainly has it's moments. Every time I hear 'game soundtrack', I think of the first time I picked up Adria's Diary part one, and this had just started playing in the background. It might not be the 'best', but that one moment made it one of the most meaningful to me.

I would argue that the ENTIRE NieR soundtrack is the best video game music I have ever heard. The way it seamlessly flows in and out of combat just by adding a few instruments is amazing.  One of the best parts of the game hands down!

I would argue that the ENTIRE NieR soundtrack is the best video game music I have ever heard. The way it seamlessly flows in and out of combat just by adding a few instruments is amazing.  One of the best parts of the game hands down!

I completely agree. Usually whenever this topic comes up I just post a link to the entire OST, but that's so much more of a commitment. So I just went with that particular track. If anyone discovers it through me and checks out the rest of the music then I'd be quite happy.

Real shame that Nier was the hidden gem of last generation. For its faults when it succeeds it's absolutely amazing. Hoping the sequel gets more attention.

Ah man! Well the first times that come to mind just have to be the original legend of zelda and mario themes! or the final boss music for sephiroth in FF7 I listened to that one over, and over,and over again as a kid ._. great music though.

@Miriana The Lazy

I TOTALLY agree with you, Kingdom Hearts music is so awesome. It's hard to decide my favorite. Simple and Clean is a safe bet though. I was SOOO obsessed with that song for quite a while.

@NickTonCutter

Though I respect that you may have a different music taste than I when it comes to video games at least, I will express that it is my personal belief that the Super Smash Bros Brawl theme song soundly trumps that song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back