Other What is Ghosting ?

Nobody expects someone to immediately prioritize RP over real life--or at least nobody I know.
You would be surprised or maybe not how many people in the world of roleplay expect partners to put RP over real life and not care what has happened to someone in said real life.

You would be surprised or maybe not how many people in the world of roleplay expect partners to put RP over real life and not care what has happened to someone in said real life.
Maybe. I've seen a lot of silly demands in my time role-playing over the years. I think most people are understanding human beings, though.

I don’t personally care either way but I at least acknowledge they are two different scenarios. It boggles my mind when people are like “No it’s the same thing whether Karen was hospitalized or she just doesn’t like my idea”

Like no it’s not the same. One case is something that affects a real persons health and another is someone being a little bit insensitive online.

Maybe they seem the same to me because I'm not one of those people that flips out over someone ghosting me. Obviously I don't like it, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt as to their reasons. I'm not going to sit there sticking pins into a voodoo doll because someone ignored me a little bit on the internet. If they come back and say "hey I've been through a tough time", then fine, we can carry on as long as we both want to do that.

Different scenario if it's a long term partner or someone you actively consider a friend. In which case I'd be a lot more concerned if they disappeared.

It does grind my gears if you're in a group and someone essential to the plot disappears and they are a repeat offender. "Oh hey sorry I disappeared my fridge exploded." "Oh hey sorry I disappeared the dog ate my homework." Blah blah blah just gtfo. XD

Dexter_ Dexter_ you mean people who expect you to prioritize Rp over real life or people who actually do prioritize roleplay over real life.

I would say both versions do exist. Some people are egotistical enough to feel that they must be catered to at all times regardless of whether that's reasonable.

And there are people who truly have nothing else going on in their life besides roleplaying.

I would say the second group aren't bad just a little sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back