What is a game that you hate, but a lot of people love?

Epax

The 16 year old who can't even (Insert thing here)
What I mean by this is. Take a game. Say, Undertale (I don't hate undertale but whatever). Say that you don't like it. And give a few reasons. (It can't be the cancerous fan base tho).

One for me is really controversial. Fire Emblem Fates. Now I know, the graphics are great, The voice acting is. Okay. I like how they changed up the story. And the map design is probably the best of any fe game. But I just can't get over its flaws.

The characters are the same as awakening. What I mean by this is that they recycle personalities from fea characters. Laslow? More like INIGO! Odin. More like OWAIN! And Rajat...They aren't even trying to hide the fact that she's Tharja. At least she has a reason for liking the avatar. But it's not an excuse. The child system is absolute Bullshit. Think of this. Your child is born. But it's in the middle of a war. PUT THEM IN A FUCKING OTHER DIMENSION AND FORGET ABOUT THEM! In awakening. While the time travel aspect gave some what should be time paradoxes, it at least made some sense as to why they'd join your team. The skill shop feature. Makes the game.....Fun. okay I said it. I love the skill shop system. While it sorta does make the game a breeze if you get the right skills, it's optional, and I even ran my own skill shop. It was fun. The avatar. Puts Ike, Hector, Eliwood, and Ephraim to shame. He/ she is damm op. Blazing yato is easily the best weapon in the game. At least you can only get it for one character. But that's how every fe game works. I could go on about how I dislike this game. But it would be rambling

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that-after I say this-I will have an angry fanbase at my door. But...I. HATE. Minecraft. The only reason I would ever play it is if it's on a server, and even the servers are pretty (excuse my French) fucking bad.

It's BORING! B-O-R-I-N-G. Yes, we get it you build.........what else? Again, servers do make the game a bit more fun, but with all the updates recently, if you have a slow computer (like yours truly), 1.8 and above run like SHIT, and with servers upgrading to only 1.8 and up, it's almost impossible to find one to play.

Epax said:
What I mean by this is. Take a game. Say, Undertale (I don't hate undertale but whatever). Say that you don't like it. And give a few reasons. (It can't be the cancerous fan base tho).
One for me is really controversial. Fire Emblem Fates. Now I know, the graphics are great, The voice acting is. Okay. I like how they changed up the story. And the map design is probably the best of any fe game. But I just can't get over its flaws.

The characters are the same as awakening. What I mean by this is that they recycle personalities from fea characters. Laslow? More like INIGO! Odin. More like OWAIN! And Rajat...They aren't even trying to hide the fact that she's Tharja. At least she has a reason for liking the avatar. But it's not an excuse. The child system is absolute Bullshit. Think of this. Your child is born. But it's in the middle of a war. PUT THEM IN A FUCKING OTHER DIMENSION AND FORGET ABOUT THEM! In awakening. While the time travel aspect gave some what should be time paradoxes, it at least made some sense as to why they'd join your team. The skill shop feature. Makes the game.....Fun. okay I said it. I love the skill shop system. While it sorta does make the game a breeze if you get the right skills, it's optional, and I even ran my own skill shop. It was fun. The avatar. Puts Ike, Hector, Eliwood, and Ephraim to shame. He/ she is damm op. Blazing yato is easily the best weapon in the game. At least you can only get it for one character. But that's how every fe game works. I could go on about how I dislike this game. But it would be rambling
Yeah, that's pretty much why I've put off buying Fates. Maybe I'll get it at some point, but I feel like it's both trying too hard to be Awakening and straying away from what Fire Emblem originally was. I mean, Phoenix Mode? Unbreakable weapons? And yes, a lot of the characters are extremely similar to Awakening's characters (or just are Awakening's characters; Laslow, Odin, and Selena are just aliases of Inigo, Owain, and Severa).

Everyone I know loves Undertale and honestly the puns are amazing yes but I honestly for some reason cannot stand that game. I love RPGs but that game bugged me.

Creekstar said:
Yeah, that's pretty much why I've put off buying Fates. Maybe I'll get it at some point, but I feel like it's both trying too hard to be Awakening and straying away from what Fire Emblem originally was.
I miss what Fire Emblem was. I want more anime brothers-in-arms and less waifu wars. Already have Persona for that anyway.

I'm going to second Minecraft. I mean, I get why people like it. It's a tool to be used as a creative outlet. I like challenges in my games though. Clearly defined goals to achieve and obstacles to overcome. I want a world with depth to explore. Fans of the series always state that isn't the focus of the game, and...okay, that's fair, but why do those two things have to exclusive to one another? I was already kind of "eh" about the series but after playing games like Terraria my patience for it is gone despite a few recommendations from buds that I should join them.

Ammy said:
I miss what Fire Emblem was. I want more anime brothers-in-arms and less waifu wars. Already have Persona for that anyway.
I'm going to second Minecraft. I mean, I get why people like it. It's a tool to be used as a creative outlet. I like challenges in my games though. Clearly defined goals to achieve and obstacles to overcome. I want a world with depth to explore. Fans of the series always state that isn't the focus of the game, and...okay, that's fair, but why do those two things have to exclusive to one another? I was already kind of "eh" about the series but after playing games like Terraria my patience for it is gone despite a few recommendations from buds that I should join them.
I love terraria

Three things: Undertale, Homestuck, and Minecraft.

Undertale..it's trash in my opinion. (Sort of like all my friends.) I just think the entire idea of the game is stupid. I got sooo tired of everyone talking about it and how amazing it was. Plus, as it was stated above, there is a highly cancerous fanbase...

I'm gonna admit, I used to be in love with Homestuck. It was weird, retarded, hilarious, and it was my true love. Until I decided that having a daily migraine reading it wasn't something I wanted...that we comic is some hella complicated shit. It's like if you miss a single slide, you could totally not understand the rest of the comic. Hussie's a genius for creating it, but...DAMN! Chillax man.

And Minecraft...basically for the reasons above. Yeah, it's fun for a while. You can build, raise animals and all that, fight monsters, but after a while that just gets so, so old. As @AFabulousCottonBall said, the servers are a little more fun, but even then the game gets old fast. No, of course I don't burn down villages with rivers of lava...

Honestly undertale. The only thing good about it is the puns. I really don't get how a game like that gets more recognition then other games... Though I really can't say why I don't like it.

Along with mine craft. That, in my opinion is not as great as everyone says it is.

Now I'm not sure if this is popular or not but I hate the Call of duty franchise. It's just a game trying to be serious but it falls flat on it's face. I would take anything Tom Clancy any day over these stupid shooters.

Baku said:
Now I'm not sure if this is popular or not but I hate the Call of duty franchise. It's just a game trying to be serious but it falls flat on it's face. I would take anything Tom Clancy any day over these stupid shooters.
Their idea of "Serious" is killing over 1000 innocent people. And you're supposed to be the good guy

Again I heavily prefer the Tom clancy games. Give me Splinter Cell, Give me Ghost Recon. At least those two have good plots and characters.

Baku said:
Again I heavily prefer the Tom clancy games. Give me Splinter Cell, Give me Ghost Recon. At least those two have good plots and characters.
Rainbow six siege was a fun game as well

Overwatch, because I don't have a windows computer or a ps4 and i cant play it :(

seconding minecraft. it feels totally pointless to me. there's also a lot of other games that do some of the things in minecraft way better. like raising animals? harvest moon is perfect for that.

i don't really see the appeal of building things. like.. cool, you have a house made of squares. so what?

literally any sports game. all my younger brother ever plays is fifa and madden and fucking screams at the tv all day long because he sucks at them. ive never found any enjoyment in sports games. some pseudo-sporty ones like mario tennis have been fun, and im excluding racing from sport, but even then too much mario tennis gets super boring after a while. if you like the strategy in a sports game or something... there's lit hundreds of strategy games with a story and more interesting music and graphics than generic bland cg. i dont wanna say "just go outside and throw a fucking ball" but lol just go outside if you wanna play sports. the whole "you have to buy the new game every year or its boring/sucks" thing... really highlights how these games are boring and suck.

Ghost said:
Overwatch, because I don't have a windows computer or a ps4 and i cant play it :(
seconding minecraft. it feels totally pointless to me. there's also a lot of other games that do some of the things in minecraft way better. like raising animals? harvest moon is perfect for that.

i don't really see the appeal of building things. like.. cool, you have a house made of squares. so what?

literally any sports game. all my younger brother ever plays is fifa and madden and fucking screams at the tv all day long because he sucks at them. ive never found any enjoyment in sports games. some pseudo-sporty ones like mario tennis have been fun, and im excluding racing from sport, but even then too much mario tennis gets super boring after a while. if you like the strategy in a sports game or something... there's lit hundreds of strategy games with a story and more interesting music and graphics than generic bland cg. i dont wanna say "just go outside and throw a fucking ball" but lol just go outside if you wanna play sports. the whole "you have to buy the new game every year or its boring/sucks" thing... really highlights how these games are boring and suck.
Eh. I play Battleborn Way more then I play overwatch. Also. I can relate. Every time my brother comes to visit (He's 23) he brings all his fifa's and his Madden's and screams over them. I like the actual sports. I would rather actually play the sport than move LeBron James around a court with bugs up the ass

Ghost said:

Second the Sports games, the only exclusion is 2Ks NBA series, I literally just fucking hate the nerve of the people in online game sessions.

Now I have quite a few games I hate, One of them is Minecraft but the reasons are all the same.

Five Nights at Freddys ~ I really find it puzzling how a fanbase is able to convince someone to make not just a sequel of the same game just a bit different, but re-hash that same game TWO more times! I find it insane that a game that scares you with the same jumpscare only once can make people enjoy it three more times. I believe that's it, the jumpscare gets old and it tires you eventually till the point that it's exhausting.

Destiny ~ What a disappointment, what I saw in the footage in 2013 was not what came out as the final product. This game was supposed to be a story driven plot that would keep you enticed for days upon end, many of the higher ups left development sadly and that lead to scenes being cut and recorded again, there was absolutely NO plot as everything was told to you through the pronoun game, and you ended up installing that ghost thing at the end of every mission. The multiplayer is a laggy piece of crap that is also a disappointment, originally the random chests you found at the end of every raid was supposed to spew out awesome items for everybody. What we got where this green blob orbs that dropped off of random enemies with random rewards which had no worth, and the chests at the end didn't even succeed at spewing anything out, they just opened up and glowed followed up by the picture of that worthless item you didn't need. Also raiding for items is a nuisance, say you and a friend meet two other guys looking for different weapons, so you raid the place a whopping SIX times and those two cornballs get what they want while you sit there like a scrub.

Baku said:
I don't get the appeal of sports video games. Why do people love them so much?
Maybe so they can be good at a sport that they suck in in real life, as I said before NBAs 2K series is the only exclusion to the sheer bugginess of some of these games, I mean I don't need to see this after I try to do a face scan, scary shit.
maxresdefault.jpg

Reznor said:
Maybe so they can be good at a sport that they suck in in real life, as I said before NBAs 2K series is the only exclusion to the sheer bugginess of some of these games, I mean I don't need to see this after I try to do a face scan, scary shit.
maxresdefault.jpg
SRSSLY?! I AM SPEACHLESS xD . Jesus Christ on a bicycle. That made my day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back