Idea What if it was the zombie apocalypse, but we have werewolves?

Pride.

Local Mushroom
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello, hello everyone who has decided to swing by! I apologize if this not the must organized of threads, I wanted to throw something together to get not only my thoughts together but out there to see if this idea would be something interesting. It is something I have been rolling around in my head for a while but have never tried to run it in a group setting. I am also writing this on my phone, so again if this not the most pleasant to look at I apologize. Anywho, let's get onto the fun part.

To establish a setting this thread would take place in modern times, possibly a few years into the future, but I don’t have a city or place picked out for where the character would be. I may make up a place or have those who join pick a place that would interest them. In this modern time, werewolves exist but are not known to the vast majority. Because you know they aren't interested in being hunted to near extinction or used has experiments in the name of science. Unfortunately, that is exactly what happens. Through a series of unfortunate events werewolves are discovered by a branch of the government.

They keep their findings hush hush, claiming it would be best in order to avoid the public panicking. The scientists involved becomes fascinated with the werewolves ability to heal themselves and recover from things that would otherwise spell the end for a mortal man. The began collecting werewolves to see if they could find a way to extract and replicate the gene that gives the werewolves their ability to heal. But this is not a power they were meant to wield. Instead of creating a way for human to heal themselves, they created the zombie virus.

These zombies would be stronger and faster because they are created from a combination of cursed science and werewolf DNA. They couldn't hope to contain these undead, and before they knew it the apocalypse was kick started. At these super-powered zombies, werewolves found that they were immune to the bite of these zombies (since it was their genes that made the virus). Until they weren't, you see because humans can never learn from their mistakes. Desperate to save themselves they again try to use the power of the werewolves, in the end they only created a mutated strand of the virus that could infect werewolves as well.

And if you thought the human zombie were scary with the strength and speed. Just wait till you encounter and undead shifter. Their body stuck in a permanent half human half lupin shape. They are smarter (like actively stalk and plan attacks), hunt in packs, and no not the need for rest. The city has fallen and is a trap for any stupid enough to wander in. And it doesn't help that it I near impossible to tell if a zombie carries the original virus or the mutated version.

The story would follow a small group of humans and werewolves that either find themselves meeting in the city or outside of it lucky to still call themselves living. There will most likely be crazed groups of human, werewolves who believe that this is there time to take the world, and military powered scientists who don't know when to stop. I am not sure how big the group would be and if I want to include some of usual werewolf shenanigans (ex. Soulmate bonds).

If this is something that strikes interest or needs to be adjusted, please do tell me and I would love to hear your guy's advice!

Now you have my interest. That puts a really good spin on the zombie roleplay that usually bores me. I think that would be a good challenge to have the zombies behave like that, because in most zombie rps they are pretty god damn dumb and literally it’s like, how does humanity fall to these things?

I am glad to pique your interest. While the human infected are not has intelligent as the infected werewolves, they are still a threat. A bit harder to kill but not impossible, just plan your shots well and don't let them get close and if you can't fight them try and get away.

If you have any questions about the style of undead I am making or the setting please do ask. I am want to know what would draw people in.

How many undead shifters are there in the world currently? And can they make more of themselves? Do they like the undead humans? Maybe they just ignore them, since their meat is rotten.

Also, are you using silver as a werewolf’s weakness in this rp? I reckon you could probably kill the undead shifter with silver bullets?

Where the story starts there would be very few infected shifters, a few established packs (so anywhere from 20-40 individuals maybe). There are enough that they can no longer be dismissed as stories from those who have lost their mind. They can make more of themselves. If a shifter is infected by an undead werewolf they are going to become like them. Humans have a very small chance of becoming an infected shifter but it would be more rare.

Undead humans would not interest the infected shifters, but they are not opposed to hunting them when they can't find fresh blood to feast on.

I will probably be using silver has a weakness to werewolves so the infected shifters aren't too op. Wolf's bane could be used to cover up your scent if you are unfortunate enough to have to travel through infected pack territory, but it won't guarantee your survival.

I have kind of been building things as I go. Just ask what your heart desires to know. It also helps me.

To give a little of what I have built upon, the zombie apocalypse is the general public first introduction to shifters. While the existence of werewolves was never officially released to the public before the fall. So some humans first shifter encounter is with the infected werewolves. Others are meeting lycan suriviors. So knowledge of werewolves will be a surprise to the human players unless they were born into shifter families.

Because I am easily satisfied by the amount of interest shown in this idea, I am most likely going to fully commit to making this a thread.

I don't know how big I want the group to be, but while it is first starting up I am thinking people can make one human player and one werewolf to keep from having too many of one. But they can make more if they wish without restrictions when things are rolling.

A couple questions for those who have shown interest.

1. Would you be interested in a soulmate bond aspect, or would you rather it not be involved.
2. Do you prefers roles that can be applied for, or would it make sense for people to just submit characters for the thread?

This is a cool idea! I like the concept of supernatural plagues, in place of the usual alien, zombie, or mutant.

1. I wouldn’t be opposed to a soulmate bond aspect. There’s a lot that can be done to make it more unique.
2. I don’t mind whether there are character roles or just an open submission style of forms. Both are fun, in their own right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back