Advice/Help What forum to use for Mystery/Horror RP?

Pretzel Heart

Afterimage of Broad Daylight
Legit feels like this question has been asked before on this site but I'm not savvy enough at the search mechanic to find it.

But basically I am trying to start a small horror RP... hard to sum up but without getting into the entire thing basically group of people with amnesia end up in what may or may not be an alternate world with folkloric roots and have to outwit monsters of that variety while trying to avoid turning on each other / being sacrificed in a ceremony and figure out who they are, where they are, and why they are there.

The characters are from our world so I thought maybe realistic/modern, but the setting will be anything but...so fantasy? But also not really.

Idk, just feels like it doesn't fit anywhere lol rip

Is it our world or similar to our world? ---> Realistic/Modern
Is it completely different and made-up world with it's own rules? ---> Fantasy

So when you decide how exactly the setting will be, you can place it in the right forum ^^
Since you said it will be most likely alternate world with monsters, it sounds like Fantasy.

Just as Onmyoji said, it would all depend on the setting of the story. If there are maybe places or certain events in time that are being used, then Realistic/Modern could work even with some fantasy elements. But if this world is one created then I would place it more in Fantasy. I also say Realistic/Modern in that fantasy elements can be used, but that they are not the main focus of the roleplay. If the characters do not have any fantasy elements themselves and are only surrounded by fantasy elements then I can see Realistic/Modern working as a label for the roleplay. But in the end, it's up to you. Best of luck to the roleplay!

I used Realistic/Modern, but just because it takes place in modern times. Historical if it's... well, in past. Fantasy if it's another dimension. Fandom if it's based on a book, film, game, etc. Multiple if you're not so sure, or if thus is the mix of all of the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back