Other What does [Isekai Hell] mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoscout

I keep seeing it everywhere, whether it be in the titles of posts or mentioned in the replies.
Is it a form of roleplay where you just write your own self insert?

It's a network of RPs that take place in the same universe, created by the GMs. The whole thing is run by a group of folks. While the word "Isekai" alone refers to a genre, Isekai Hell is the "brand name", if you will, of one large, organized RP.

Edit to note: I'm not associated with them (wayyy too formal for my tastes), but I've at least looked into them.

Last edited:
Hello! As a member of IH, I can confirm Daisie's explanation above.

Though I will add that while each individual RP takes place in the same universe, they can be quite unique from each other; spanning from action packed to slice-of-life, even groups or 1x1. Anyone can narrate an IH RP as well, including people who've just joined; though with a limitation to NPCs' power.

I'll stop there, however, as I'm going past the scope of the question. If you'd like to learn more about it, feel free to take a look at the interest check, and/or DM Novama.

Last edited:
Ohhh so it's like a shared universe similar to the D&D setting! Cool! Though, probably a bit too complex for a newbie like me so far. Thank you for responding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back