What do you think about minecraft?

rainsilves

I am one fan for Minecraft and the creator Notch, but I wanted to know what do people think of the new updates and the adventure update for 1.8:confused:

but if I could get some opinions I could see were minecraft is going.

To many updates.... I stopped playing it. I have a blog on Rpnation back before all the wolves & junk =/

Wish they left what worked & stopped adding "achievements" & junk....

I'll give a proper comment when it gains the ability to have more objective based goals (And hopefully not force them).

GgAcE said:
To many updates.... I stopped playing it. I have a blog on Rpnation back before all the wolves & junk =/
Wish they left what worked & stopped adding "achievements" & junk....
I had it when it FIRST came out. It was like, $10-$15 at the time, and now I get all updates free. All it was was building, and sponged actually had a function. When it first started to become a survival game, that was when it was at its prime. Back when the only ores were coal, iron, gold, Redstone and diamond. When there was no leaf decay and smaller worlds. That was the time to truly be alive. Modding the heck out of it was also fun, with SDK Gun mod and some NPC stuff.

I used to love it when I was younger when I played survival mode with my friends, but lately have been unable to play for the past few years due to the massive amount of motion sickness it gives me.

I like it, but I'm not obsessed with it. In survival mode, I always get killed by spiders and creepers. Creative mode is my favorite since I can build about anything I want to.

I play on an RP server that isn't effected by the updates. So, I'm not sure about the new stuff.

I like the game in general, though.

In my opinion, 1.7.10 is still the best version.

If only 1.9's elytra got added to 1.7.10 with a mod or something.

It is a stupendous game... sometimes I don't even look at as a game (I like to think of it as a tool for creating things... at least when you're playing creative). Sadly, after years of playing it, I have grown bored of it. Most of the fanbase is pretty bad, but I never judged it for that... Notch selling it to Microsoft kinda disappointed me as well.

I LOVE MINECRAFT! But also, I started on PE so when I switched to PC I didn't know how to work the crafting table, ect. Also, I tried to go back to PE once, mistake because it had changed so much!

I used to play it literally almost every single day for about two years. I continued to play it on and off for about three more. Now, I just cant keep up with the updates. They add so many things all at once. It doesn't feel like Minecraft anymore, but probably just because I was so used to the beginning stages. Also, I've just done basically everything there is to do. Starting a world became boring because I did basically every single method and house, and only a few servers ever interested me.

I very much enjoy minecraft, though i haven't played the latest update yet. It's a great game if you just want to settle down on a quiet afternoon at let the creativity flow. Generally, how i play is that i bounce between big projects, once i get an idea, i work on it til it's done, then i'm bored with minecraft and draw my attention elsewhere. xD

I don't mind the game too much. It's a nice distraction that's isn't COD (no child I look after is ever allowed to play that game in my pressence ever) for the kids I baby sit. However, I much prefer to use my PC version rather than the console one, because I can mod it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Minecraft itself is 'okay', but if it weren't for the pixelmon mods, the Hogwarts or Disney World replicas for online play, I wouldn't bother with it. It's not a bad game, it's just not for me. I get frustrated easily and blow up every house I start.

I used to be really into it, but I sorta moved away from it. There's only so much you can do in the game, even with the constant updates. Minecraft is a decent game, but I've lost interest.

I used to enjoy the game, but after about a dozen or so hours, you realise that there are games that are LEAGUES better. Horrible combat and easy survival mechanics just make this a total bore. It's only redeeming factor for me is creative mode; it gives me a small amount of pleasure to build low-res castles.

I play on and off every now and then,  I don't mind all the updates tbh and have always preferred to play vanilla. 

I also like to play hardcore if I'm free an afternoon and try my hand at surviving for as long as possible. 

I have liked the game, but personally, I play on servers. Mainly, I play on that Egg Wars server, I forgot what it was, but I like to build and such, but the game modes on different servers are fun. Parkour, meh. Build, yassss. Survival, smh. I used to love the old Minecraft where there isn't 1.9 PvP. The 1.9 PvP is so annoying and I like the old PvP system better. Spamming of the sword or axe was fun. And seriously! A wood axe is better than a stone sword -.-.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back