• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy What Do You Mean We've Reincarnated as Twin Villianesses in an Otome Game?!

Characters
Here
LUCIUS

He wasn’t sure if he felt mad or simply betrayed. Two of the people he liked the most, escaping leaving him alone with way too much work for one person. He was looking forward to seeing Diana, to take a break from all the nonsense his birthday was bringing. Lucius wasn’t sure how, but the young girl always seemed to make him laugh, to make him forget the pains his duties were bringing him. As the eldest of the royal sibling and the heir, he always had to maintain a mask, to flirt his way into the ladies heart. There was no such game with Diana, the moment he said anything flirty she rejected him with no hesitation. Yet she was always there, by his side.

As his knights were returning Erik to the head maid for his costume fitting, the blonde made a mental note to increase the knight training drastically. He must’ve been bored, poor thing, to go play hide and seek with a Duke’s daughter. And what a bad friend would he be if he didn’t help Erik out with his boredom? Yes. It was only fair.

The young boy’s fate sealed, his attention was now placed exclusively on Diana. He knew what he wanted to do. Hell, he even rehearsed it a few times in front of his mirror….But why was it so hard now that she was in front of him? Addressing himself to his remaining guards, he ordered a bit stiff :

-Leave us alone, I need to talk to Miss Sinclair. You know her, she won’t hurt me don’t worry.

It didn’t take long for them to be all alone in the garden, far away from anyone. Now, he could do it. He kinda had to at this point…..

Why was it so hard?

Lucius sat next to Diana, slightly blushing, taking time to collect his thoughts.

-Diana? I want you to listen to me ok? I am going to be serious...for once.

Yes, no miss fairy here, no princess or any sweet nickname he usually gave her. It was starting well.

-It’s going to be my 10th birthday in a few days...I’m sure you already know that since you received my invitation and all.

More like him and Sen forced it into the hands of the twins...but yeah.

-Father told me some girls are going to come to try and charm me...To win my favour...And to be honest. I’m not really ok with it. I mean...I’m only 10! So...I kinda devised a strategy to fight this…

Now, the hard part. Trying not to blush too much, the young boy asked :

-Would you wear matching colours with me? Since it’s my birthday I have to wear white...and I prepared a white dress for you. There’s nothing romantic with it! It’s just...that way I can enjoy my birthday in peace and you won’t have any suitors coming after you either. Oh ! If you don’t want to leave Maria alone I’ll send a dress matching Sen to her, I know you two usually wear matching dresses but...for this time...I would really want you to wear what I prepared.

Arghhhh was he coming in too strong? He usually was wayyyy smoother than that. Good job Lucius, now she was probably going to say no as usual….

MARIA

Since she wasn’t bothering Aizel, Maria decided to sit down next to him, letting herself relax against the soft pillows. She patted the space next to her, inviting him to join her. It would be a bit awkward if he stayed up after all.

-Yeah...I sent her away in the gardens since I didn’t want her to be bored while I tried to master this stupid trick...I figured that with Luci busy with his birthday preparations she should be safe.

The young girl stretched, making herself comfortable. She was pretty sure a noble girl wasn’t supposed to act that way, especially with a young boy near, but she didn’t care. With the parties came the elegant and poised girl act, one that she practiced with care the past few years. Surely she could be allowed a moment of peace before the storm.

-Awwww lucky you...I could totally see you sneaking out of the party, claiming you have some important wizard stuff to attend too. People would either totally believe you, having no magic knowledge whatsoever, or would either be too scared to say anything….Hell I’m sure you could get away with simply sending a letter saying: Sorry can’t come, busy fighting monsters and people would still be amazed and praise your selflessness to work during such a big event.

And there she was making herself even more frustrated at the event than she already was. Hugging a pillow out of frustration she continued :

-And here I am, a Duke’s daughter, obliged to go there, to put on my perfect little doll act to make sure our house doesn’t attract any enemy. At this point I’m just happy I don’t have to deal with suitors or betrothal proposal like Sen or Luci….

In the game, it was pretty clear that Diana was to be wed by Lucius, but Maria couldn’t remember who her fiance was...Did she even have one in the first place?

-Anyway...Sorry to rant like this Aizel...Leave me five minutes to sulk and dream about going to another continent and I’ll be back to the usual happy, preppy Maria.

Finishing her sentence, the young girl went back to hug her pillow. If only she wasn’t fated to die...No. She had to keep being positive! Events like Lucius birthday was the time to make new allies, to meet people who weren’t in the game who could help them when a bad end came to play.

Diana blinked in surprise when Lucius asked to be alone with her. Fearing the worst, Diana thought he was going to punish her for her actions. It seemed she was convinced the capture targets were out to harm her and her sister, despite the fact that the game's plot had not officially started yet. It was strange for him to call her anything but a pet name and even stranger to see Lucius acting so serious, unlike his easy going, frivolous self. Swallowing a nervous gulp, Diana steeled herself for what Lucius had to say. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me, she chanted silently to herself, bracing for mean words.

What came out instead was a flustered request followed by a messy explanation. It was so unexpected, Diana had blinked in surprise. The more she listened, the more stunned she was. And then came her bad habit of overthinking the situation. A small knit formed between her brows.

"I understand that doing this... would mean Your Highness would be spared from the trouble in the future, likewise I'm certain no suitors would come for my hand as well but... won't this cause misunderstandings? P-people might think we're engaged or something!" Diana reasoned, a blush lightly touching her face.

Deep inside, she was horrified as well. Was this something that happened in the game? Diana knew that either her or Maria would get engaged to Prince Lucius early on. It was one of the reasons why they became the story's villainesses as they were rivals for the heroine. Could it be that the engagement with Lucius was inevitable? That would mean all her years of rejecting him would be in vain!

And matching clothes with both princes? Sure, Diana would be able to face the backlash but what about Maria? What if the girls pining for Prince Senri start to bully her as well? The thought just did not sit well with Diana. She had to ask and consult her sister first.

Seeing Lucius' hopeful expression when he asked, falling into something akin to crestfallen disappointment, Diana began to panic. She did not like seeing that sad look on Lucius' face, and it looked even more pained when he tried to hide it behind a smile. "I-i mean... if you don't mind the weird rumors... I-i guess I'd be happy to help out." Diana blurted on impulse. She felt so bad for Lucius, she wanted to help him in some way, but she immediately regretted her words, knowing that she would be inviting a lifetime's worth of trouble by doing this.

Ahhh, is this the power of a capture target? It's too hard for her to say no.

-----

Though Aizel took his seat, slouching as he usually did over the couch, he did not expect (or did he?) Maria to do the same. Seeing a noble lady like herself, stretch out comfortable without regard to her appearances was rather refreshing. He had to grin at that, reminded of how most girls would choose to stay far away from him if possible. Even if they had to interact, they would do so with utmost respect, as though they were afraid he would blast their heads off if they said anything wrong. It was ridiculous of course, and honestly kind of hurtful; but thus was the reality Aizel had grown used to.

Looking Maria, he grew even more grateful that there was someone like her by his side. Someone who did not care, who acted freely around him as though he was a normal human being like herself and not some over-powered monster. Seeing a loose lock of hair, Aizel reached out to casually tuck it behind Maria's ear on reflex. He did not have to think twice to do it. They've just grown that comfortable.

"Pffbt, hahaha what's up with that? I doubt anyone would praise me for that. If anything, they'd just be glad that I'm not there to terrorize them or blow stuff up," Aizel said, both sarcasm and laughter dripping in his voice. He gave a little eye roll and shook his head, mostly amused that Maria believed others thought so highly of him.

She wasn't exactly wrong per say. After all, Aizel was certain people would be glad to have him out of the way.

Instead of sulking sourly, Aizel's attention was taken by Maria who pouted cutely as she vented. He rested his cheek into his palm as his shoulder balanced on his knee while he listened. "Hmm... why don't I take you away then?" Aizel suggested, his ruby eyes glinting in mischief. "With my magic and your darkness attribute, it wouldn't be too hard to hide away for a night's party. I could also just write a note saying I need your help to make another magical breakthrough! Skipping a birthday party for magical advancement sounds reasonable, don't you think?" Aizel grinned, growing to like the idea more and more by the minute.

With his free hand, he fiddled with the ends of Maria's silvery locks. "What do you say, twerp? Want to run away with me?" His eyes did not leave hers and that devilishly charming grin was back on his face, enticing her to say yes. If Prince Lucius was an angelic charmer then Aizel was definitely a devilish one. His allure, even at ten years old, was impressive, daring many to try to refuse him. Then again, with Aizel's temperament, rejection was usually dealt with poorly.

Last edited:
At least, Lucius was prepared to counter most, if not every, arguments Diana would have to refuse his request. After all, he had to negotiate with people thrice his age on a daily basis, what challenge would an 8 year old be ? Especially one he knew well, enjoying finding what button to push to get her flustered, or what to say to make her calm down afterward. Yes, once the deed was done, Lucius felt confident he could talk her down to his request.

That didn’t mean making it was easy. Especially not hearing the young girl calling him His Highness. He winced when he heard those words, surely she knew she didn’t have to call him with such reverence ?

-I don’t want to be too forward...But since the day you and Maria were born, you’ve been considered as partner candidates for me and Sen. You come from one of the most esteemed family of this kingdom, possess magical abilities and are in our age range. You wearing the dress would simply indicate that we are close. Which is kinda the case since we see each other every week.

Ok, maybe he was taking a tiny bit advantage of the twins lesson in the archmage tower...But they still appreciated his presence right ? All these moments they spent together were not lost on them right ? Feeling a bit anxious, Lucius waited for an answer.

Answer that revealed to be much more positive than he first expected. Letting out a breath he didn’t know he was holding, Lucius felt himself grinning to no end. God was Diana cute, even when she accepted she was stuttering, clearly a bit embarrassed. He had to act quickly before she changed her mind. Taking her hand he led her back to the castle.

-That’s perfect then ! Let’s try it immediately….That way if there’s anything that needs to be adjusted we’ll have time to do so before the party.

A bit red, he added, almost whispering.

-Thank you...I’m really glad you accepted my little fairy.

That way he didn’t have to worry about anyone snatching her away. She was so close to the engagement age...yet he hated the idea of parting with her, with his dear friend….Lost in his thoughts, Lucius was oddly silencious during his walk to the castle. Only stopping to call a maid to search for Maria. She had to try her dress too afterall. With a bit of luck, she’ll be easier to find than her sister.

He let Diana in the trusted hands of the headmaid, waiting to see her changed into the dress he took so much time to choose.

_jY5dBXAto3ruR11_rXibKcW0thj4nXZYqZeYz0xXYA37jaldUc2TKbO1dZB2yC80ZUwtBTa5d_XODr9ZitOTELv5yoBJe48i1F2CLNrUDiO5UOSR8X-69qmj0f5XvQwDib4rb0O

MARIA

The young girl had to admit she felt comfortable in the presence of Aizel. Maybe trying to blow each other up was a great way to start a relationship after all. She was still taken a bit by surprise when he touched her hair, tucking in a loose strand, like it was nothing. Blushing a bit, she tried to focus on something else….Heck this guy was like a little brother to her ! He was very likely to kill her in the future too...Yet...She couldn’t help but feel herself taken in by his laugh, by how natural their interactions seemed.

-You ? Terrorize or blow up anyone ? You would never ! I don’t see why they are thinking something like this. I mean...you only tried to turn me into grilled chicken once and it was what ? 3 years ago ?

His next words however, triggered every single alarm in Maria’s head. It screamed danger, it screamed temptation, it screamed adventure...Things she wanted since she came into this world (well except for the danger part..that she already had). Feeling herself growing redder by the minute, she hid her face in the pillow she was holding.

Calm down Maria. It’s just Aizel. The little kid who tries to blow up anyone who says anything he doesn’t like. Take deep breaths….deep breaths….

But then he had to go back playing with her hair, in a gesture almost intimate. They were close to each other, that was sure...But they were like 8 ! He couldn’t be charming her ! Yeah...she was probably overreacting….But still...his offer was tempting...She didn’t really want to spend the evening at the party after all.

-Miss Sinclair ? Prince Lucius sent me to search you for a dress fitting for his birthday. He is expecting you in 15 minutes with your sister in the ballroom.

The headmaid’s presence had the effect of a cold shower on Maria. No. She couldn’t skip the party...that would mean leaving Diana alone with the wolves, that would mean throwing away a potential opportunity to escape her fate for a fleeting pleasure. Straightening up, the silver haired girl put back her perfect lady mask, like it never left, like she wasn’t just slouching on the couch with the archwizard apprentice.

-I’m coming, let me just take my bag. Thank you Jeannette.

She stood up with all the grace she could muster, waiting for the maid to leave the room before turning back to Aizel, face suddenly serious.

-Sorry...But as you can see people need me for this party...And I can’t just ditch Diana to the wolves either...

Feeling a bit brave, she went a bit closer to Aizel, hugging him briefly and whispering to his ear :

-But thanks for the offer...and for listening to me. It means a lot.

And then, she steeled herself, leaving the room and preparing mentally to what Lucius had in store for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back