Other What do you like most about yourself?

Phadia

Tomato Goddess
I've been suggested to try and start the day by thinking about the things I like about myself... unfortunately, I'm finding that rather difficult. :/
So, I figured I would start this thread, not only to encourage others to think positively, but to also glean some ideas of possible things I might like about myself!

So... I guess I'll start! It might not be funny to anyone else, but I like my sense of humor. I enjoy making others laugh, but I also enjoy being able to make myself laugh on occasion. I also love my honesty. Though it might get me into trouble sometimes, I value the fact that I'm able to be honest... at least, most of the time! ;)

I guess that was two things... :O Maybe this won't be so hard?
Well, how about YOU? What do you like most about yourself?

Since no one else has jumped on the band-wagon, and I fully support the positivity here, I'll share too!!

I actually used to sort of hate myself, thought I was an awkward weirdo who liked anime and horror novels. Then I realised that there were other wonderful weirdos just like me! And in actual fact, it's the biggest reason my partner loves me. He says watching me get so passionate about a character - a made up character - is actually quite adorable.

So yeah, I love my weirdness. I love that I'm not a typical girly girl, and that I'm more than capable of doing my own thing, no longer caring about other people's perspectives :3

EMBRACE THE INNER WEIRDO!

... Also my eyes are cool.

Since no one else has jumped on the band-wagon, and I fully support the positivity here, I'll share too!!

I actually used to sort of hate myself, thought I was an awkward weirdo who liked anime and horror novels. Then I realised that there were other wonderful weirdos just like me! And in actual fact, it's the biggest reason my partner loves me. He says watching me get so passionate about a character - a made up character - is actually quite adorable.

So yeah, I love my weirdness. I love that I'm not a typical girly girl, and that I'm more than capable of doing my own thing, no longer caring about other people's perspectives :3

EMBRACE THE INNER WEIRDO!

... Also my eyes are cool.
Anime and horror novels, huh? :O I LOVE anime! The only horror novel I read was Pet Semetary, but I loved it! You're definitely not weird. Either that, or I'm weird alongside you! XD

In recent years I've finally embraced that I'm the person I'm going to be and I shouldn't be ashamed of that. I'm still working a lot on outward self-expression though, but I'm glad I can say "yeah I'm just a huge nerd with weird taste, what of it??" after struggling for a long ass time about not being into the 'right' stuff for someone in my general age range.

In recent years I've finally embraced that I'm the person I'm going to be and I shouldn't be ashamed of that. I'm still working a lot on outward self-expression though, but I'm glad I can say "yeah I'm just a huge nerd with weird taste, what of it??" after struggling for a long ass time about not being into the 'right' stuff for someone in my general age range.
Omg... I can relate to this on a deep spiritual level. That thing about age range? I thought I was literally the only person in the world like that! I tend to get along with people waaay younger or, like, people with one foot in the grave kind of old. XD I never "fit" my age, either.

How accidentally entertaining I am.
I entertain thousands via prestigious channels like "People are Stupid" and "FailArmy."
Why, just today, I posted a thread about how I let go a crush I've had for a decade in about 30 minutes, cold turkey. Now that was entertaining accidentally!

Anime and horror novels, huh? :O I LOVE anime! The only horror novel I read was Pet Semetary, but I loved it! You're definitely not weird. Either that, or I'm weird alongside you! XD

Pet Semetary is definitely one of King's stranger ones - he happens to be my favourite author, he's the only one who's ever really scared me, and that's a guy who openly admits he often gets writers block and can't finish books!
I do love anime, I need to watch more - I have a seriously bad habit of starting them and then getting distracted by other shiny anime xD

THIS! I hate being told that what I'm into isn't for someone grown up... why the hell should younger folk get to enjoy these things and not me? They don't appreciate it as much as I do T^T

My indifference.
I-am-indifferent-to-your-suffering.jpg

How that I have always veered away from others and supported independence as being my own leader rather than rely on a crowd.

People are too attached to one another these days.

How that I have always veered away from others and supported independence as being my own leader rather than rely on a crowd.

People are too attached to one another these days.
I swear, I am the second person for the most part.
I know what I'll want to do, but I need one person to take the same leap before I can.
But I'm kinda independentish, so I can go second. Close second.

I swear, I am the second person for the most part.
I know what I'll want to do, but I need one person to take the same leap before I can.
But I'm kinda independentish, so I can go second. Close second.

That's close enough. XD

On the bright side, if the first leap screws up, you won't have to endure it.

My imagination and humour.

Who needs a book when you can create your own stories inside your mind?

I have to say that the one thing I like about myself is how I'm able to charm both guys and girls without even trying. Another thing I like about myself is how Im optimistic about everything and how I use that optimism to help depressed and/or suicidal people look at the better things in life so that they can move forward and not dwell on the things that stop or bring them down.

My adaptability. Being alone now in a foreign country (and finally being independent), I find that I'm actually a lot more adaptable than I gave myself credit for.

This thread is so wholesome. I love reading what people love about themselves keep this going please.

I used to be pretty self-conscious about my body. I'm on the taller side for a girl (5'10) and have troubles finding pants that fit me. I used to (and sometimes still) cringe when I hear people talking about how short girls were the cutest and how guys liked short girls more etc. I've finally come to accept my height and lanky limbs. I look damn good in heels and can reach the top shelves at the grocery stores.

I like that I'm pansexual, so my options for finding a loved one is pretty much trippled, meaning there's a good chance I won't stay single, and may actually have a happy family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back