• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy What Came Through the Rift - A modern fantasy RP [OPEN]

Mykinkaiser

Literally the worst
RIFT.jpg

March 15th, 2017, the day the Rift opened and everything changed.

It had seemed like a normal day at first, but then the sky split with a horrible, gut-wrenching shattering sound. Then came the tremors, like the Earth itself was crying out at what was happening to it. Buildings began to topple and people screamed, it seemed like it would never end, and then it did. It all ended as if it had never happened, as if it was all a dream and the world was right. But it wasn't. They were here now. People and creatures that shouldn't exist but did. If there was any consolation it was that they seemed just as shocked and confused as we were.

In the following days we realized that we couldn't leave, not with the fog surrounding the city. Some tried anyways but they always ended up coming back, swearing that they'd never turned around. Eventually we stopped trying. That's when the real fear set in and the protests and riots began in earnest. There were those who blamed the people who had come through, some who feared the newcomers and what they could do, others who wanted to go home, and still others who didn't know what to think and simply lashed out in their panic.

Eventually, people began to realize that we were all in this together, like it or not, and we began to learn about each other. It was a long process putting aside the fear but we did it, or at least most of us did. In return we learned from each other. They taught us magic, a power we'd only ever seen in fiction and our imaginations. We taught them about the strange world they now found themselves in. Though this, we began to learn how to live together and we began to rebuild.

It's been 25 years since the Rift opened and everything changed. It's been rough, and we haven't figured everything out yet, but we've come a long ways and I think we'll go further yet.

Information
While there will be established lore for you to use, please don't hesitate to come up with suggestions for new things, whatever they may be. I want you as players to be able to build off the foundation that I've established, so if you have new races, factions, locations, or anything else don't hesitate to let me know, either via DM or in the general OOC.

Magic, while prominent within the RP, is not all-powerful. It's simply a tool for characters to use to achieve their goals. Furthermore, I've left it intentionally fairly open-ended so that you have freedom to make it your own. However, I do ask that you be reasonable, and keep in mind your character's abilities.

Stay tuned for when I get the lore page and character applications up, which hopefully will be by the end of Monday!

DISCORD
(Note: Joining the discord doesn't constitute any sort of commitment, so feel free to join even if you're still deciding)

MAIN RP

LORE PAGE

CHARACTER APPLICATIONS

Rules
1. Currently no more than 4 main characters per person, though you can have unlimited side characters/NPCs

2. No god-modding or Mary Sues, you know, standard stuff

3. Be civil to each other, and please keep politics out of the discord

4. Let me know if you have any problems, comments, critiques, suggestions, etc.

5. At least one post per week, let me know in advance if you're going to be unable to post for longer than that so we can figure out a reason for them to be out of the RP for that period. Extended absences without notice will mean that another player takes control of the character or they are otherwise removed from the RP

6. Minimum 2 lengthy paragraphs per post (250+ words or so). Also, make sure you're giving your fellow RPers something to work with

7. Make sure to tag people you're responding to

8. Have fun! (ok technically not a rule, but I'm hoping you can still follow it :D )

Last edited:
Hmmm interesting, interesting. It has a setting that can have many plots surrounding it. I wonder which one the characters will be revolved in?

Notable Locations and Notable Figures is still WIP, but a good amount of lore is done so I'm posting the lore page. Please feel free to ask any questions/give any feedback you have.

Lore Page

Now this sounds interesting af. Enough to take me away from the fandom madness that has been my life recently to try a fantasy in spite of how I'm totally getting overworked after doing so. Expect a CS soon, I have lots of time to waste today.

I'm interested, albeit late to the party.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back