Other What armor would you bear...?

Vorkaysus

The Crusader
If you were in MEDIEVAL EUROPE then what type of armor would you have? (yes you can look like Conan the barbarian or a viking).
I personally would choose my own armor that i actually have, proof? pictures... here ya' go.
IMG_0182 (2).JPG IMG_0184 (2).JPG VoC 1.PNG

Honestly leather or chainmail, the weight and upkeep for other armor types can be a bit prohibitive. Leather is more manageable and I'd like to think I have the sense to avoid a full fledged melee were the heavier armors excel

Having a padded layer (gambeson I think its called) is really good at stopping just about everything; but apparently you get really overheated in one of those. Probably a lighter one with some brigandine over the top. Plate/mail armor is arguably the best but often very expensive.

All I need after that is a warbow and the upper body workout to use it.

Chain mail most likely. It's light enough to not slow you down too bad, yet offers better defence than say leather

Steel Plate,

KNAAAAAAAAAVE!
you-came-to-the-wrong-underwater-motherf-cker_o_6968233.jpg

Chain mail most likely. It's light enough to not slow you down too bad, yet offers better defence than say leather
My N- Fellow Crusader who is on a quest to kill heathens, purge sin, and take back the holy land. 12th-13th centuries are the best centuries XD

Having a padded layer (gambeson I think its called) is really good at stopping just about everything; but apparently you get really overheated in one of those. Probably a lighter one with some brigandine over the top. Plate/mail armor is arguably the best but often very expensive.

All I need after that is a warbow and the upper body workout to use it.
True, i'm offering any armor that you would wear, don't have to think expensive or cheap, just what you would actually choose to wear, good choice though, you would be the perfectly-equipped archer

Well...
Since you said we have to...
be
in the time, but that... the armor didn't have to be in the time...
imgres.jpg

Just kidding I'd wear the thickest armor ever seen and kind of just trudge across the battlefield

Users who are viewing this thread

Back