Other What are your politics?

While I agree with you about breed banning (I'm against it at a governmental level), it sounds like you would agree with me that different breeds of dogs have different tendencies towards certain behaviors?  For example, a Greyhound raised in the same household as a Scottish terrier will often exhibit distinct breed stereotypical behaviors?

yup. dogs have personalities that certainly vary from individual to individual like humans, but some breeds are harder to train than others, and some are prone to certain things like being territorial, or fearful, etc. like how shiba inu tend to be stubborn and hard to handle if you dont train them right as puppies.

i love rottweilers, but i probably shouldnt own one anytime soon because i probably wouldn't be able to give it the proper training it needs. 

i had a mutt from the ages i was 2-17, and had it been a dog with a temperament that needs more care and- assuming we raised it exactly the same way- he probably would have had some problems. 

ignoring differences in breed personalities will probably do more harm than good.

Most domesticated dogs are the product of purposeful, if crude, genetic manipulation by humans resulting in some breeds which suffer from harmful mutations which do not necessarily hamper their aesthetic value?

Read a pretty interesting article recently that explained pugs are pretty much always experiencing a level of respiratory distress. 

yeah, pugs have trouble breathing as a result of their face shape. they might have additional problems with the lungs themselves, but i'd have to look it up again.

and it's only one of the painful health problems they're prone to. :\ 

I refer you to Riuma's requirement of " All replies to this thread must be either debate or discussion. No arguments. Let's copy the success of this thread. "

Pretty sure that would count as trying to spike an argument, if not just very confrontational.

Classic case of getting triggered.

Last edited by a moderator:
zYRuU3Q.jpg

yup. dogs have personalities that certainly vary from individual to individual like humans, but some breeds are harder to train than others, and some are prone to certain things like being territorial, or fearful, etc. like how shiba inu tend to be stubborn and hard to handle if you dont train them right as puppies.

i love rottweilers, but i probably shouldnt own one anytime soon because i probably wouldn't be able to give it the proper training it needs. 

i had a mutt from the ages i was 2-17, and had it been a dog with a temperament that needs more care and- assuming we raised it exactly the same way- he probably would have had some problems. 

ignoring differences in breed personalities will probably do more harm than good.

From what I've seen smaller dogs tend to be the more aggressive sort though that's probably just them being intimidated by my dog's size, she'll stand there quite happily while the other dog flips it s**t so long as it doesn't actually make contact.

From what I've seen smaller dogs tend to be the more aggressive sort though that's probably just them being intimidated by my dog's size, she'll stand there quite happily while the other dog flips it s**t so long as it doesn't actually make contact.

not always, though. there are large dogs that are gentle giants like mastiffs, but other large dogs aren't known for being aggressive for no reason- usually that behavior comes from bad (whether intentional or not) handling, and the owner carries a good portion of the fault. it's best to learn about the specific species itself before adopting or buying a dog, so you can know as well as you can how you should raise them and what behaviors they're prone to. small dogs can be defensive or aggressive too, although I don't know as much about small dogs because usually the breeds I like are bigger.

not always, though. there are large dogs that are gentle giants like mastiffs, but other large dogs aren't known for being aggressive for no reason- usually that behavior comes from bad (whether intentional or not) handling, and the owner carries a good portion of the fault. it's best to learn about the specific species itself before adopting or buying a dog, so you can know as well as you can how you should raise them and what behaviors they're prone to.

Well like I said mine is a total mongrel so we were completely winging it when we got her. Since we adopted her when she was already two-ish so extensive training wasn't much of an option, nowadays my sister just likens her to a large cat in that she'll happily nap for hours as long as you're in the same room.

Well like I said mine is a total mongrel so we were completely winging it when we got her. Since we adopted her when she was already two-ish so extensive training wasn't much of an option, nowadays my sister just likens her to a large cat in that she'll happily nap for hours as long as you're in the same room.

oh, i was talking in general lol. yeah we got our mutt when he was already two, and we definitely didnt do anything special outside of teaching him general commands. he was a mix of so many things, we couldn't determine anything specific outside of possibly beagle and something with a long double coat and curled tail like a huskie. he turned out alright tho, he was a happy pupper and loved people and getting pets.

I've been meaning to respond to this and I keep running out of time, lol. And woah - 8 pages.

I'm not going to spend time with the all-american questionaryn being European and all.  I will, however, comment on collections of questions which form a certain aspect of government responsibility

-People's rights:  In my opinion, a government should limit itself to legislate only those aspects which are strictly necessary for the good governance of a society.  Given the fact that we base ourselves off of gender equality, all people have the same rights ( unless there is a profound and proven reason not to do so). This means gay people can get married, adopt kids, etc.  "New genders" will be ignored, since they have no biological significance. Identify as a pineapple for all I care, you don't get special rights.  Welcome to equality.  This, does, however, also imply that some restrictions of some rights may apply, based on equality.  Abortion, for example, will need consent from both father -and- mother of the unborn child, provided that if the father says no; He will care for the child alone.  And yes, I realize this impacts the woman's life considerably for about nine months. However, I believe that in this case, only medical reasons would be allowed to disregard the father's position.  Equality sucks, sometimes.  

-Wellfare and healthcare and their effect on taxation: Keeping a decent level of wellfare and healthcare boosts the economy of a country.  Less people living in poverty, often ending up there through illness, means that the labour force is stable and has the means to buy the products and services sold by businesses.  This setup is funded by a system that taxes people based on their relative incomes.  It is currently the most viable option.  Other systems exist, but would require the removal of the western economical structures we know today.  A change in this direction would require a full-on reset of society, how we organize things, go about producing food/water/basic infrastructure, etc. In short, too big of a change to pass at once. 

-Migration:  Refugee status should only be given to real refugees.  people who have feld war and persecution for political/religious beliefs. Economic migration is a problem that must be dealt with at its source.  "Developing countries need to be developed.  This does -not- mean we should dump endless amounts of money into patching the holes.  We build little schools and provide wells for water and in the end solve nothing.  The educated still have no future.  If they're lucky, they leave and migrate.  Potentially, development of these countries means we colonize them. Eliminate the largely corrupt power structures, build the necessary infrastructure and build their society from the ground up, giving people the same protections and rights. Yes, this is a harsh solution. It's not as harsh and watching millions starve or die from illness, while the money is wasted on patching the holes in a broken system. In the end, developped countries will become self-sustained and can be de-colonized again, when appropriate. 

Climate change:  If you are among those who think this is a heap of bullshit, I feel sorry for you.  It's time to make necessary investments into sustainable options, of which there are plenty.  If anything, to prevent the scenario where the fossil fuels just run out.  In general, more investments into R&D are necessary, for the benefit and advancement of mankind. GMO's are usefull, to some extent, to provide food in inhospitable areas.  Appropriate testing is necessary to ensure safety, before they are released to the general public.

in general:

pro-lgbt+ rights

anti-mass immigration

pro-wall

pro-keeping syrian refugees out of our country

pro-second amendment

pro-choice

free secondary education for all united states citizens

anti-pacific trade agreement

tax the rich

feed the poor

'til there are no

rich no mo'

(sorry i had to)

anti-cultural marxism

pro-death penalty (get rid of the long-ass death row wait while we're at it)

give more of our tax money to the natives and to unemployment (i almost lost everything after i lost my job because i only was able to get approx. $150 every two weeks for about two months)

take away the ability to buy junk food with food stamps. humanity survived on fruits, vegetables, nuts, and meat for thousands of years before maurice mcdonald was even born. you can too, and fight obesity while you're at it.

more intensive screening for those who are applying to be foster parents or adopt a child. more intensive screenings when cps is called to a childs' house.

get rid of common core. begin teaching necessary life skills in every high school as a requirement (i.e how to file taxes, apply for a loan, etc.)

outlaw genital mutilation (circumcision) no matter the religion. the child never consented to having a piece of their genitals cut off. make punishment heavy for those who decide to do d.i.y circumcisions on their kids. there's actual proof that circumcision provides no health benefits for adult men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back