Video Games What are rhe cringiest things you've witnessed gamers do?

My biggest peeve in games has got to be people who mess things up for the whole team because they don't take shit seriously (but I will be the first to admit this is just my personal view, and not something I think the entire world should take issue with xD ). Mostly I wanted to commend D duegxybus on the previous post- that was the most eloquent and wonderfully articulate rant I've seen in a while, and it gets the point across beautifully~

Last edited:
I'm taking a different approach to this and I have to say the cringy-est thing I've witnessed gamers do was in person at my friend's house. His brother and brother's friend were sitting around chugging cola's directly from 2 liter bottles. It was cringe because these dudes are the stereotypical hugely overweight, stinky, gamer. If you like cola that's fine but please don't chug it out of a 2 Liter, that's just super gross lolol

Cringiest experience?

Misogyny. Or maybe that's too strong of a word. Just, "I h8 wamen"

I'm sorry, but you joined this Minecraft server that had this disgusting blood-splattered animated banner that said "FACTIONS | HARDCORE | NONSTOP WAR | SHARP SWORDS | NOBODY IS SAFE | You will lose everything! | The owner drinks ichor and shits out Cthulhu's scrotum" and was run by an administrator who had a very obvious god complex and problems controlling his temper. Why are you going to shout at me with whatever generic rape jokes you can come up with, just to offend me after our faction does exactly what the server says on the tin? Like...dude. Come on. I only killed you ~12 times. I just needed your power to get to zero so I could take your land. I would've even given you back everything you couldn't use to kill me with if you didn't start bitching about how you and your snot-filled buddies would tie me to a tree and have your way.

And I get that whole "oh just don't VC them on discord" "oh don't tell people you're a girl" and, you know what? Fuck off lol. I've been doing that for years now. But I'm sick of making excuses as to why I didn't talk, so at this point, I really don't care to hide my sex. I made friends on these servers that I really, really enjoy talking to. I'm going to talk to them, and they're going to know about me as much as I know about them. I'm going to know them so well that we'll spend several hours a day digging up an entire desert, TOGETHER, just so we can have enough TNT and sand to send you and your friends back to square one. Then we'll watch the sunset from the top of that cobblestone box you called a base.

But no, you don't want to play the game once you're losing. Where's all the spunk you had in your LAST "war" when you slaughtered a bunch of kids while they were desperately sending private msgs to everyone online to help them? But this time, we attack you with (good) swords, (good) bows, and (a fuck ton of) TNT and your band of manure munching muppets who outnumber us 3 to 2 retaliate with...slurs? How are we supposed to react to that if you're hiding in the dead center of your territory, at bedrock level, literally inaccessible, filling the chat with things that your mother would probably skin you alive for saying? Keep in mind, you're targetting this all towards me. Friends don't get love because they have balls, I guess. But yeah, I had to reduce the size of the chat so I didn't have to see the phrases "dead whore", "retarded I'm uncultured", "crazy slag" every three seconds. Like, bro, you type fast. Those fast fingers could be used for PvP, right? You probably could've taken us on. Oh, wait, no you couldn't have. We got you hard.

Okay, maybe if you picked any other brand of insult, it would've been okay. Maybe the ones you use on...other people? You don't need special insults for girls. It's just kind of gross and makes me think that you're somehow afraid of women, and not just your own mother. Maybe I'm reading too much into this and maybe my rant went for too long (and I've become the real cringe by posting this), or...maybe gamers like these need to stop being such whiny pieces of human waste and learn that there are betters way to be a degenerate than taking out your frustration on half of the human population. Seriously, your rage isn't that important that 3.8 billion people need to take a hit for it. Take it out on me, personally, instead. Yet the only thing you can come up with is "woman bad." <.<

Those jerks are the kind of gamers that make the entire gaming community look bad.

Misogynistic male gamers are extremely annoying. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of misogynistic male gamers are also incels, men's rights activists, alt-right or some combination thereof. I wonder if these guys don't even respect their own mothers.

You're not reading too much into it. You're completely right. You shouldn't have to hide your gender online. Most people won't care whether you're a girl or a guy.

People who call you boosted just bc you had one bad game

Those jerks are the kind of gamers that make the entire gaming community look bad.

Misogynistic male gamers are extremely annoying. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of misogynistic male gamers are also incels, men's rights activists, alt-right or some combination thereof. I wonder if these guys don't even respect their own mothers.

You're not reading too much into it. You're completely right. You shouldn't have to hide your gender online. Most people won't care whether you're a girl or a guy.

I've thankfully never had an issue like that. I'd consider that a miracle since I'm a Roadhog main (lmao) on Overwatch and I was always nervous that someone would harrass me after speaking in my mic. I must have been overreacting since all I ever got at most were brief shits and giggles. Nonetheless, I know people out there exist and it sucks. I may not have any experience such as that but I understand.

I was living with what was essentially an off-campus fraternity people as a housekeeper, but ended up befriending most of them. One of them (who we'll call Roomie A) shattered our other roommate's (Roomie B) x-box controller that was totally decked out with extras (like a $250 total luxury item, which was really special to him since it was a gift from his boyfriend).

Turns out Roomie B had been playing with Roomie A on a game similar to Diablo 3, but accidentally delivered a killing blow to Roomie A's final boss instead of letting him have it. He meant to land a critical but didn't know Roomie A plays on Medium instead of Extreme like him.

So Roomie B just bought the prize (Plus a bonus skin for good good measure) for Roomie a as an apology, but apparently Roomie a didn't appreciate it so broke up the luxury controller. Roomie B and I ended up kicking Roomie A out because he had alsodidn't allow me to clean up his suite and his space was disgusting since he was kinda a hoarder. So Roomie A finally ended up just giving him 60 days notice and didn't even make him pay the last month's rent.

I ended up purging his room when he left and found a buried, gross-cheeto-covered display of an even cooler controller. Like, one of those gold-plated ones that come in those ultra-limited-edition sets? Forgive me, the only games I play are casual ones like Diablo 3 and Smile Rancher so I'm not too aware of things, but it was clearly super expensive because it was in one of those protective plastic display boxes. Anyways Roomie A come back some weeks later saying he wanted to collect a few things he left behind but I reminded him that as per the lease, anything he leaves behind was considered trash so we could purge the room and rent it again (We actually had a 3-week grace period, but he had been gone like 6 weeks). He huffed away, so everyone let me have the suite once I purged it because I'm the one that cooked and the did the laundry lol.

But like... who does that? What a punk.

It doesn't help that Roomie A was like, some misogynistic, homophobic/transphobic nineteen-year-old kid who was raised on mommy and daddies money-covered silver spoon and Roomie B was a hard-working, early-twenties guy who kicked and fought his way from homelessness to a good college on a full scholarship. Just a dickhead, stuck-up kid whining about his mama's credit cards being maxed out.​

You know what I love? When people try and cite a lack of "honor" in how you played as the reason for why they lost. You see that a lot in fighting games. I remember seeing it a lot as a kid when I went to arcades too and it's persisted to this day.

I play a lot of the new Smash. I main Wii Fit Trainer. I play competitively. Been hitting up a lot of online tournaments and plan on going back to locals once everything calms down a bit. If I hit a person with a volleyball six times, I'm not going to stop just because they don't know how to adapt. I'm not going to change my playstyle to accommodate them. What I enjoy most about that genre is the psychological elements behind it; adapting on the fly to your opponent's mentality and emotional state. So instead of learning from it, getting flustered and complaining...well, mean as it may seem, it makes me smile.

As a result of this I've seen people;

- Lie to TOs to try and get me booted from tournies.
- Smash (haha get it) their own controllers onto the ground.
- Throw chairs.
- and perhaps my favorite, lecture me on "honor" in battles in real life. You know what matters in real life conflict? Who survives at the end of it. That incident was wild.

If one's ego is so fragile that they can't take an L, maybe said individuals shouldn't be investing time into a genre where (skill and matchups aside) there's a fifty percent chance you could lose at any point. Certainly doesn't seem like they enjoy the ride, anyway.

So I was playing splatoon 2, and i get paired up with a new player.

Literally all they did was try paint in every last spec of territory the entire round, and other players just farmed kills from the guy

Obviously, we lost that round.

You know what I love? When people try and cite a lack of "honor" in how you played as the reason for why they lost. You see that a lot in fighting games. I remember seeing it a lot as a kid when I went to arcades too and it's persisted to this day.

I play a lot of the new Smash. I main Wii Fit Trainer. I play competitively. Been hitting up a lot of online tournaments and plan on going back to locals once everything calms down a bit. If I hit a person with a volleyball six times, I'm not going to stop just because they don't know how to adapt. I'm not going to change my playstyle to accommodate them. What I enjoy most about that genre is the psychological elements behind it; adapting on the fly to your opponent's mentality and emotional state. So instead of learning from it, getting flustered and complaining...well, mean as it may seem, it makes me smile.

As a result of this I've seen people;

- Lie to TOs to try and get me booted from tournies.
- Smash (haha get it) their own controllers onto the ground.
- Throw chairs.
- and perhaps my favorite, lecture me on "honor" in battles in real life. You know what matters in real life conflict? Who survives at the end of it. That incident was wild.

If one's ego is so fragile that they can't take an L, maybe said individuals shouldn't be investing time into a genre where (skill and matchups aside) there's a fifty percent chance you could lose at any point. Certainly doesn't seem like they enjoy the ride, anyway.
I don't mind people spamming for the most part because that shit only works for so long. I'll admit you might get me the first couple of times if I've never seen the spam before...of the character in question is fucking broken *coughs* Chiyo 😂 but spam becomes very easy to deal with. The reason I don't spam isn't out of a sense of honor I just find it to be boring therefore I don't.

As for honor in a match? I've never complied with that simply because this so-called honor strangely seemed to benefit others and solely hinder me. For example in DC Universe which I haven't played in years so I don't know if they still do it or not. There were these unwritten dueling rules people had and at first I was all for it, no using soder colas which was a healing item. I was cool with that because hey, shy waste healing items on a duel anyway? Plus my favorite power was a healer role class anyway I really didn't need to use them if it came down to it...then we got to the role rules. So apparently healer roles classes we're not allowed to be in healer role, at first I thought oh so everyone has to be in damage role during the duel, cool, equal playing field, nope controller and tank roles were still allowed to be in their specific roles...it was just healers for some reason.

Now I was kind of young and stupid at the time so I complied with this. I mean I could still use healing moves they just wouldn't be as strong. I'm still winning anyway because I played as a villain and if you didn't know anything about DCUO back then villains were the masters of PVP because that is literally all we cared about and pretty much all we did while heroes liked to do PVE content which wasn't a bad thing it was just a difference in faction preferences and...yet again a new rule pops up, healer classes are not allowed to use healer moves at all but still, tanks and controllers still get to use their stuff. Now I will admit I did comply with this rule for a short amount of time out of spite because I was still kicking they ass regardless and I just wanted to see what bullshit they were going to come up with this time and they half-ass tried to tell me I couldn't use supercharge, funny thing was I didn't waste supercharges on duels unless I was dueling a friend because we didn't give a fuck about the rules against each other and because we were mostly fucking with each other so using supercharge was more of a joke than OMG I need super charge!

Needless to say after a minute I got bored with fucking with them and stopped bothering with these so-called rules to make things fair that strangely only seemed to affect healers and I laughed my ass off when they started doing the same thing to controllers and the reason this was so funny was because heroes has a bad habit of trying to be superman so they usually picked tank classes while villains mostly picked healer and controller classes so. It was pretty clear the heroes were just salty that they were losing.

I don't mind people spamming for the most part because that shit only works for so long. I'll admit you might get me the first couple of times if I've never seen the spam before...of the character in question is fucking broken *coughs* Chiyo 😂 but spam becomes very easy to deal with. The reason I don't spam isn't out of a sense of honor I just find it to be boring therefore I don't.

As for honor in a match? I've never complied with that simply because this so-called honor strangely seemed to benefit others and solely hinder me. For example in DC Universe which I haven't played in years so I don't know if they still do it or not. There were these unwritten dueling rules people had and at first I was all for it, no using soder colas which was a healing item. I was cool with that because hey, shy waste healing items on a duel anyway? Plus my favorite power was a healer role class anyway I really didn't need to use them if it came down to it...then we got to the role rules. So apparently healer roles classes we're not allowed to be in healer role, at first I thought oh so everyone has to be in damage role during the duel, cool, equal playing field, nope controller and tank roles were still allowed to be in their specific roles...it was just healers for some reason.

Now I was kind of young and stupid at the time so I complied with this. I mean I could still use healing moves they just wouldn't be as strong. I'm still winning anyway because I played as a villain and if you didn't know anything about DCUO back then villains were the masters of PVP because that is literally all we cared about and pretty much all we did while heroes liked to do PVE content which wasn't a bad thing it was just a difference in faction preferences and...yet again a new rule pops up, healer classes are not allowed to use healer moves at all but still, tanks and controllers still get to use their stuff. Now I will admit I did comply with this rule for a short amount of time out of spite because I was still kicking they ass regardless and I just wanted to see what bullshit they were going to come up with this time and they half-ass tried to tell me I couldn't use supercharge, funny thing was I didn't waste supercharges on duels unless I was dueling a friend because we didn't give a fuck about the rules against each other and because we were mostly fucking with each other so using supercharge was more of a joke than OMG I need super charge!

Needless to say after a minute I got bored with fucking with them and stopped bothering with these so-called rules to make things fair that strangely only seemed to affect healers and I laughed my ass off when they started doing the same thing to controllers and the reason this was so funny was because heroes has a bad habit of trying to be superman so they usually picked tank classes while villains mostly picked healer and controller classes so. It was pretty clear the heroes were just salty that they were losing.
Oh shit out of I remember that bullshit...DC community was full of shit 😂 Psychic powers so I was a controller but even when they were just doing that to the healers I called bull and would tell people rules didn't apply when the were dueling me. I mean I was a controller, I never understood why controllers needed healers to be nerfed in the rock paper scissors controllers had the advantage over healers, we could literally fuck with their healing ability so I never got why controllers we're so pressed on that rule. Looking back I see why they were the first go be messed with sense heroes did have a tank fixation and tank dole was weak to healer role, but controllers being pressed about healers never made sense to me, not even a little.

But just so you know....yes they do still do that and will talk cash shit about you if you break their precious rules.

So I was playing splatoon 2, and i get paired up with a new player.

Literally, all they did was try paint in every last spec of territory the entire round, and other players just farmed kills from the guy

Obviously, we lost that round.
This kind of reminds me of a round of Alex Legends I just had where our teammate kept snatching up literally all the gear so we lost because me and the other guy didn't have any weapons or gear period.

There's been a lot of crazy stuff that's happened to me, but here's the worst. I joined a party, said hello.

Sweaty Boy 1: Omg is that a girl or are you like twelve?
Sweaty Boy 2: No way that's a girl. Girls don't play video games.
Me: Pretty sure I'd know if I was a twelve year old boy.
Sweaty Boy 1: BRUH.

- cue beginning of game -
Sweaty Boy 1: You're actually like really good at this...for a girl.
Sweaty Boy 2: Do you have a boyfriend, M'lady?
Me: Yes.

- cue the imminent disaster -
Sweaty Boy 2: What the fuck. You're such a bitch. Why would you play with us if you're taken?!
Me: is unable to comprehend a snarky response
Sweaty Boy 1: Bet he's some dick chad football player. They never go for nice guys like us.

I left the party, uninstalled the game, and went to call my SO and tell them what happened.

I wish I could say I made this up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back