Other What Annoys You Most About TV Shows?

1. Cancellations of good shows and especially ones that barely was on tv yet keeping terrible ones around and giving them multiple chances and work around to keep them.
2. Commercials.... really they are like half the shows intended time frame and seem longer then the half hour to hour shows and etc.
3. Horrible endings to season finales and series finales.
4. Head scratchers in general that doesn't fit lore or the shows plot seemingly. Just a wtf let's do it and screw all else type deal. Xd
5. Sometimes while I understand it, I still hate to see certain characters leave shows when plot wise it's not necessary sucks either way. But some are sad and avoidable though as fans it could be a unreasonable bias there.
6. Lastly probably just timeline confusions and lacking details overall.

When season finales build up to a future character arc or a really dramatic moment and in the next season the character arch doesn't happen/ the dramatic moment ends anti-climatically or is put aside for something that nobody cares about.

I'm looking at you, live action CW flash series.

I so totally don't like endings, it doesn't help that every show seems like it gets worse towards the end instead of better.

Commercials are really annoying and sometimes, there is the same commercial who is repeted double or triple, things about diet is...ugh.. here from Christmas, with fake-smiling people talking about their victory..

I can't think about a particuliar show, but when an actor is hired in a serie, despite having no professionnalism, only choosen from favoritism.. it's also a thing in movies, back in days, the person was from theaters from few or many years (either for dubbing a character voice or playing physically a role), now, they are just chosen from social-medias, or because they are "the youth idol"..

Also, "guy who cheat on woman" or "woman cheat on guy" thing.

Last edited:
When it's good in the beginning and they completely screw it up with nonsense take Sleepy Hollow on Fox good show in season one terrible at the end but then again Fox will either cancel good shows or screw them up so bad the audience begs for them to cancel it. I'm waiting for them to slaughter 9-1-1 down the line.

Because recently I have been obsessed with period dramas/ anything historical, be it just fiction or real events, I going to only say this: UNNECESSARY HUMOUR and absurd events (and yes, I am fucking looking at you, REIGN). I do not understand the need to include some sort of modern humour in a historical setting.

Or, characters do something that would be socially UNACCEPTABLE or they would even lose their head for it, but... somehow... nothing happens. Everything is fine.

And also, romanticizing war. Do not get me wrong, I LOVE war love stories. They make my heart ache in a good way (especially those who are true), but when everything seems to revolve around that romance and the characters are not affected by the outside world in any way, it is just... no. (read The unwomanly face of war by Svetlana Alexievich, those who had participated in the war can't watch movies/ TV shows that are war-related or even read books because how unrealistic they are)
And those war nurses who seem flawless all the time with little effort? Not happening, mate.

Also, something I've noticed a lot in period dramas is time passing, but giving the audience no indication of how much time has passed (first two seasons of Downton Abbey).

Also, something I've noticed a lot in period dramas is time passing, but giving the audience no indication of how much time has passed (first two seasons of Downton Abbey).
I watch TV shows solely because things should move at a slower pace... but then this happens xD

I watch TV shows solely because things should move at a slower pace... but then this happens xD
I mean, I don't mind when shows time jump, I can understand that. All I want is to know if what is happening is happening a few weeks or a few days after previous events.

The fact that every adult animated TV show has to be a comedy with a trashy sense of humor and awful animation. There are a few exceptions to this, of course, but why do they all try to be like Family Guy? You have so much leeway with it being centered towards adults, and yet you squander it to make a shitty, unfunny comedy series.

In a word? Cliches. straight up and straight forward. modern tv shows and movies reuse and recycle too many plot twists, scenarios, and phrases from older ones.

Mine is a little different.

The "Only Sane Man" trope, when played well, can create an absolutely hillarious show. Although, I've noticed quite a few shows as of recent where there isn't quite that effort put into him. Here, the OSM's only personality trait is how he points out how wrong and dumb his peers are. Like, some character proposes a dumb solution to the epsode's problem, and he just goes on about how the plan is dumb and he is dumb, and then when the character goes ahead and does it anyways, and fails spectaculrly, he rambles on a bit more about how stupid they are. Another form of this appears when the OSM knows something the other characters don't, and tries to correct the characters every time they talk bout the thing incorrectly, even when faced with plentiful proof that they don't believe him and repeating it wn't change anything.

That shit dumb. Don't do it.

Weirdly enough: forced 'humanization' or 'normalization' of really interesting, unusual characters. We have, say, misanthropic Dr. House, but NO HE'S JUST MISUNDERSTOOD AND HE WANTS TO LIVE AND LOVE AND HAVE THREE DOZEN CHILDREN. Or we have a quirky sociophobic Sherlock, but HE'S REALLY AS NORMAL AND HE JUST DOESN'T SHOW IT BUT HE'S LIKE YOU AND ME. List goes on. I can see the reasons behind these things - everyone wants to be empathetic to the main character, imagine themselves as them and such, kind of see themselves living out the fantasies instead of a character, but honestly, this pisses me off so much. You have a really deep, interesting, unusual character, and it's so good to see something different, to watch the live of not another plain Jane, but a weird, quirky character who doesn't want to have money and rub his genitalia over the other person, but the time comes, and he turns pop culture drooling sniffing mess who dreams of a girl and regrets everything that made him interesting in the first place.

What annoys me most is probably when they have adults play teenagers. It's usually so obvious.

This goes for most forms of historical fiction in general, but I hate when female characters complain about their corsets being tied too tightly, to try to seem more modern and progressive. If a corset hurts, you're wearing it wrong.

My personal biggest issue with TV? The CONSTANT lying, secrets, and betrayals that go on between main characters just to keep plot going. Supernatural is one of the WORST for it... so bad that I stopped watching it ages ago. It just seems like lazy writing.

Wanna know what I hate? How some older tv shows are waaaay better than the new tv shows out now. Take Disney for example, There's not even ANY animations from them now. Dearest Walt Disney would be ashamed as well.

I'll go ahead and answer this question for myself. And it's the overuse of sex (especially cheating spouses) and the commercials, that last longer than the show so-to-speak. For starters... What annoys you guys most, when it comes to watching TV?
Cheating. Affairs. Abusive relationships that are normalized with laugh tracks.

What I honestly hate about TV shows, are those goddamn cliffhangers. Makes me want to watch another episode- and when I glance at my watch, it's 12:00 and I have classes in the morning.

When a show that wasn't focused on romance suddenly becomes all about romance, love triangles and when they make characters act out of character for the sake of "Drama!" Especially when you have a great character with potential that becomes a 2D love interest as soon as they get into a relationship with the protagonist.

And when good shows get cancelled, I keep finding shows online and watching them just to find out that they got cancelled.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back