Westbrook Season 2

tumblr_inline_pbx3eifnQT1t9ndkh_540.gif
sebastian
with nobody, mention Toby PenguinFox PenguinFox , Ash Winona Winona , Kyle Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

His aunt was evil. Not only did she lock her own nephew out of the house, but she was also forcing him to make more new friends, specifically with Toby Knight, in order to get his house keys back. Yes. Somehow, Police Detective Lucia Torres managed to pickpocket Sebastian’s house keys. Evil. Well, at least she brought his sleeping bag inside the house and gave him his skateboard before locking him out.

After getting Toby’s phone number from his aunt, who got it from Toby’s mom, Sebastian begrudgingly sent a text that said he had a day off from his part-time job, and asked to bring a basketball for the game they would finally do. So, Seb waited, skated on one half of the outdoor basketball court to occupy his time, until Toby was free from his girlfriend or whatever— and the hangout actually turned out to be pleasant, even though Toby was irritatingly nice. Although, he was a bit more tolerable than his little brother Zander.

And somehow during the hangout, the young skateboarder was convinced to really consider joining the basketball team this time. It was after Seb explained why he was stubborn in the first place; Toby asked why and would probably annoy him with the question again later if Seb didn’t answer. The Knight guy didn’t seem like someone who’d judge harshly. He actually listened, and Seb listened back to whatever Toby wanted to get out of his chest while they played.

Seb never actually told the Misfits about it—well, he had hinted it to Ash on Twitter DMs but left out the details. How he caused a disruption in his previous school’s tryouts, was banned from joining other sports teams and school clubs there and was almost expelled. Westbrook High wasn’t his old school, Seb understood. Thinking he would screw up again in his new home had him feeling quietly anxious. And he was tired of feeling that way, especially from something he knew he wanted to do. He enjoyed making coffee drinks and hanging out with his friends at the cafe, but just being a skateboarding barista wasn’t fulfilling to him anymore.

Sebastian didn’t do much for Spirit Week. He definitely didn’t dress up for the “Wild West” theme. Today, he walked to his locker wearing a plain zipped up hoodie with just the inside being yellow. Just a small effort for him to try getting into the school spirit, without looking as ridiculous as the face-painted guy that pranced past him down the hall a moment ago.

Students in the school’s sports teams were supposed to wear their jerseys. Seb didn’t have the Westbrook basketball jersey or a letterman jacket. He wasn’t sure if he made it or not after signing up for tryouts at the last minute, and the entire week had been hell since Monday. He’d gone to work at Sleeping Hedgehog Cafe exhausted, enduring three hours in a sore body. He couldn’t even ride his skateboard to school; he just carried it around like now.

Mike-Colter-Luke-Cage-Zipper-Hoodie-300x400.jpg

Last edited:
Drake
tumblr_inline_nc0scvXenV1siu1dy.gif

He appreciated Alaska's words, but it was quite the contrary. Drake was pretty sure that more people in this school hated him than liked him, although they had also voted him onto Homecoming Court. So maybe they did like him. Or maybe it was because they were afraid of Alaska and Mason beating them up if they didn't vote him.

Drake had always prided himself on having plenty of self-confidence, but as the days had worn on... Drake had found it slipping. Everything was different. The only thing even somewhat familiar in his life anymore was Alaska, and she had changed so much since he'd last seen her. Everyone was moving on, learning, growing.

Except Drake. Drake was stuck.

"I like JJ. She bought me a suit for the Homecoming dance." Granted, it was because they had to walk up together and JJ had wanted him to look super presentable. "But yeah, she's kind of a bitch sometimes. Alaska is right. All of the cheerleaders are really scary. They run the school, so like... don't piss them off because then you'll have everyone hating you." It was good advice. True advice! Sure, high school movies had prepared Drake for cheerleaders running the school -- but cheerleaders and like the football team. But Mason didn't have anywhere near the amount of sway that the cheerleaders did, and that was terrifying.

Who would have thought that Drake was most scared of blonde pompom-toting girls?

"Alaska is great to be friends with, too, because if anyone hurts you, she'll break their nose." Drake said with a huge grin. It was true! He loved the violent streak that Alaska had when it wasn't, you know, directed at his brother.

WeirdPrincess WeirdPrincess a z u l a a z u l a

------------------------------------------

Milos
original.gif

He was grateful for Gia's assistance. When she grabbed his hand, a faint blush crept across his cheeks -- not because he had a crush on her or anything. Obviously he liked Cam. But touching always made Milos's cheeks burn bright red, no matter who it was that had grabbed hold of his hand. So, with his cheeks ablaze, Gia dragged him down the hallway in search of one of Westbrook's yeet kings. Which was still all of Westbrook if you asked Milos, and the reason he hid in the theater.

They seemed to pause at every jock and at every jock, Milos would send a silent prayer asking them to not punch him. And then Gia would tug him again and he'd be dragged along the hallway once more. By the fifth or sixth guy, Gia seemed to think that this was definitely the guy, and shoved Milos towards him. This time, his cheeks lit up red with embarrassment at the pushiness of his little blue-haired friend, and he sent another quiet prayer begging to not be punched.

He may have flinched a little bit when Ryder moved, but he relaxed when he saw the letter. Oh thank god. Milos plucked the little "c" out of Ryder's hand, listening to the clue for a moment, rolling the worlds through his head. It didn't take him long to piece this clue together at least, and this time he didn't even need Gia.

"Oh, yes. I must go." He gave Gia a quick hug. "Thank you. Both of you. I will see you later." And with a little salute because Milos didn't exactly know how to say goodbye in a proper, normal fashion, he was heading off down the hallway for the auditorium. Of course he should have expected for Cam to end this in Milos's favorite place in the entire school.

Moving through the halls rather rapidly, Milos paused for a moment outside of the auditorium. He took in a deep breath, but that just made his stomach twist even more. He tried to ready himself, running a hand through his hair to make sure it wasn't that bad, and then he opened the door and stepped foot into the theater.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler a z u l a a z u l a

source.gif

Ian tried to shrug off Ash's words. If he kept pretending he was fine he would be right? Lie until you hear the truth, that was the phrase wasn't it? Before he could protest that he was fine however she took his hand and dragged him off to an empty classroom. He let himself be pulled, not willing to stand his ground and argue with his best friend. What was the point? He definitely wasn't fine but he just didn't have the energy to debate otherwise. He didn't have the energy for much of anything really.

Even once in the room Ian couldn't find the strength to look Ash in the eye. He was supposed to be the one being there for Ash, not the other way around. He felt like he was failing her. Despite the burning sensation, Ian let his shoulders slouch. "I- I'm..." one last attempt to reassure the West girl he was fine before he broke. She moved close and forced him to make eye contact and he just couldn't do it. He couldn't lie to her face like that. Her words only broke him more. He wasn't strong. He was broken, over and over again. His mind was numb and gray and he was tired. Perhaps he could get through this but, he didn't feel like he could ever feel again.

Without thinking Ian wrapped his arms around Ash and pulled her in close. It was a tight hug that honestly hurt his ribs a little but he didn't care. His whole body trembled, once again displaying his weakness, at least in his mind. He was scared, not of Jolly, but of himself. He couldn't take all of this, the looks of pity, not knowing if people actually cared or just felt bad. It was killing him inside. With the scars on his shoulders itching and burning again he knew he was headed into a dark place again and it terrified him. He doubted his body could take anything else, or that he would be as lucky.

Ian was practically melted in Ash's arms, forehead resting on the top of her head, body shaking against hers as though being wracked with sobs. But no tears came. Instead he just stood there, trembling like a leaf. "I'm not strong enough. I can't even control my thoughts." he choked out quietly. "And now I'm not just a burden to people close to me, but literally everyone. Nobody see's Ian anymore, they see some kid they need to be careful around. Some kid made of glass." Ian could feel his chest tighten and his breath shorten. He did his best to subdue the panic attack, trying to instead focus on the blonde he was holding tightly. "What if Jolly was right? Who would want to be around this mess I've become?" Winona Winona

Ash
tumblr_inline_p8aiproGx81urfelz_540.gif

She hadn't been expecting the blonde to pull her into such a tight hug, or how much strength his thin frame had. Sure the hug was tight enough that it hurt a little bit, but she hugged him back with the same intensity, resting her face against his chest. They stood like that for a few minutes, Ash holding Ian while he broke down, and trying to stay calm. She was not good at... this. Any of this. Usually people were comforting her, not the other way around. No one around her had ever really been broken like this.

But it wasn't like Ash was going to push him away -- she could never do that. She listened as he spoke, quiet for a moment while she tried to think of how to reply. Finally, Ash pulled her head away from his chest, looking up at Ian but not breaking the hug. "No one sees you like that. No one that's important, anyway. Alaska doesn't see you like that, and I don't see you like that. You're still Ian, not just something breakable. And that's all that matters." She said, offering him a small smile.

"Here, I have something that'll totally cheer you up." Ash said, finally breaking the hug. "Well, maybe not cheer you up, but it'll get your mind off of... everything that's been going on." She'd been meaning to give Ian his present, and had even been carrying it around in her backpack for the last week where it barely fit. But she was worried about how he would react, if he would hate it, so she had been avoiding giving it to him like the plague. Ash wanted to give it to him when they were alone.

She pulled her backpack off, setting it down on the table and unzipping it. "So I'm notoriously really bad at getting people gifts." Ash started speaking as she unzipped the backpack. "So I'm really, really sorry if you hate this, but I honestly didn't know what else to get you." She said, and then pulled out a framed album cover with a golden record, names scrawled across the album cover.

"See I know you like a lot of bands, but like, Green Day is the only one I know super well. So I got this. American Idiot, obviously, because that's their best album. And look, there's all of their signatures." She found herself biting her lip as she held the gift out to him. "I was going to get you concert tickets, too, but I'm still working on that."

"Do you like it?"

PenguinFox PenguinFox

Grace
tumblr_inline_p38fdb4u5F1rqmlml_250.gifv

Grace wasn't ever cocky, ever. But she had to admit it was kinda cool to know that she still had whatever she did that made Sawyer agree to help-- yeah, maybe Sawyer could've just said yes because she didn't want Grace to be upset or whatever. But let her have this one. "Yes!" The blonde did a victory fist pump, although her victory dance didn't last long as she hit her elbow in the side of the door. It hurt, yeah, but it was kinda hard to not laugh it off.

Her smile and laughter gradually came to a stop as they arrived at the school.

Ready?

No.

Yes.

Of course she was. "Mmhm," Grace struggled for the first few seconds with stupid crutches, but before long she got the hang of it. Sliding her backpack around one shoulder. Okay, if Grace was being a little bit honest. She was nervous-- which she shouldn't be, she'd done this first day thing tons of times before and they all went fine, it's just... as much as she didn't want to admit it. This felt different, Grace just prayed it wouldn't be once she walked in. "I like the creepy parking spot. I mean, it's not Halloween yet, but I think it captures you perfectly." She teased,

The two walked towards the school, only with minor eyes on the two. Grace managed a small wave towards Alex when it was clear he didn't feel like moving his gaze, a look of surprise was on his face not a moment later as he seemingly thought she wouldn't be able to notice. Look, It's... not that big of a deal. Naturally, people were going to be curious. Grace couldn't exactly just act like she was on summer vacation during this whole time. And she wasn't asking them to forget any of that. She's just simply hoping they would. "Remind me again really quickly, English, Spanish, and... Biology," First few classes. None of which was going to be a big deal.

She handled that whole weird failing thing last year with Sawyer, and Grace somehow, someway, was a natural at Bio. She was even placed in AP classes, but they didn't think that'd be a good idea this year. Which sucked, but it's okay. She'll convince them. Despite asking Sawyer to remind her, Grace didn't give her the chance to speak before she launched into another conversation. "Man, I can't wait to see how far along Mrs Wilson is. I wasn't the best student in her class, I know. But I guarantee you I'm her favorite."

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Raven
tumblr_inline_pnd0s8SRtw1rqmlml_1280.gif

And just like that. He was back to his usual self.

Damn it. She was kinda enjoying the whole shy thing a little.. "Right. Just you." Raven rolled her eyes as she opened her locker. Placing unnecessary books in there. She had the habit of stealing from the library, although it wasn't really stealing if you don't check it out, right? Okay, so maybe it's like kind of stealing. But the librarian was always busy talking to someone about their problems or whatever. Raven didn't have the patience to wait for them to finish whatever crisis was over. "You don't even know if you won, yet. Shut your mouth." Mason seemingly wasn't finished with his little ego rant. Not that Raven wasn't basking in the amusement of it, but she didn't want him to get a big head.

She was the lucky one? Arguable. But... maybe he wasn't wrong. Though, that didn't mean Raven was easily going to submit like that. "I was never into jocks, they're always so... misogynistic. But I made an exception for you, Rivera. You be grateful and tune down your ego." Raven reached over and put a hand through his hair-- at first, it seemed as if she was just being sweet, flirty even. But that was before she mussed his hair.

"So... I've been meaning to ask. What's the whole plan with social services and all that? Have you been talking with Ari's caseworker?"

Winona Winona

Last edited:
Mason
ezgif.com-crop (3).gif

It was all fun and games until Raven decided to mess with his hair. He'd thought she was reaching forward to like... pull him into a kiss or something, but instead her fingers just mussed with his hair, tousling the strands that he'd had nicely brushed and gelled. Mason ducked away from her fingers, giving her a dirty look, but he couldn't keep it up. He was too upbeat and happy today, and a smile quickly spread across his face. "Wow, I didn't know we were still in kindergarten."

And then she asked about Ar
The smile died on his lips.

No one had asked about Ari in so long, and it had been... nice, to a degree. But it meant that Mason was drowning in his own worries about his daughter and how to get her back, and he felt alone in it. And, well, he pretty much was. No one else cared about Ari like he did, not even Drake or Raven. Parental love or some shit.

He leaned back against the lockers, slamming his head into them and stared up at the ceiling, letting out a long, drawn out breath while he thought about where to even start. Raven wasn't stupid when it came to social services -- they both had been dealing with the system since they were kids, but Mason didn't realize just how frustrating it could be.

"They won't give her back to me."

He slipped his hands into his pockets to stop them from forming into his fists, to keep him from hurting himself by punching this locker or breaking something. Because whenever Ari came up, that's all Mason could think about. All that Mason wanted to do -- break something, anything, to feel something and take out his pent-up frustrations from dealing with social services.

"They're being fucking stupid and won't let me keep her in a one bedroom apartment with Drake. Fuck, getting them to let me take Drake was a headache enough -- and I haven't even mentioned that you're staying with us. If I did, they'd stick him back in the system." The laws surrounding it were stupid. Too strict.

"So I'm trying to save up for a two bedroom apartment, but I need like an extra two hundred a month just for rent. And then there's the money that I would need for food, clothing, saving up for emergencies..." He was struggling as it was to take care of himself and Drake, and now, to a small extent, Raven. As much as Mason liked to think that he could handle it all and take care of all of them, Drake kept reminding him that he wasn't Superman. But fuck, right now he needed be.

"So I'm going to see if the bar will let me work some more hours," he said, pulling one of his hands out of his jeans pocket to run it through his hair, tousling it even more. "And maybe pick up a second job if I can find one. Also since I have most of my credits to graduate, I'm going to see if they'll let me go to high school part-time. Or I might try to graduate early. A bunch of the teachers told me that I could probably test out of their classes." Yes, surprise surprise, Mason was actually a smart kid. He just never had time to apply himself to the world of academics, so his grades had started slipping. But so far this year? He was maintaining straight A's and an almost perfect 4.0 GPA.

"And I'm trying to get visitations with Ari, but the stupid foster parents aren't willing to work with me. They just keep saying that they can't make the stupid meetings and... I don't know what to do."

That was the worst part. Mason didn't know what to do. Mason always knew what to do. He wasn't spontaneous at all -- he planned several steps ahead, always had a way of moving forward, and was able to think on his feet. It's part of what made him a good football captain. Mason was good at having a game plan.

But right now? He was lost.

Soap Soap

tumblr_inline_owysm02RMT1txu878_540.gif

Gia was really proud of the creativity of Cam and she knew right away that Milos had figured it out and he quickly gave her a hug before he had disappeared into the crowd. Gia looked back to Ryder and gave him a small smile, “Um, I should go. Good luck with your game.” She wasn’t used to most people that were significantly larger than her but at least he had helped his friend which meant he couldn’t be all bad. Even though he was known for his yeeting of people, but Gia decided that was just a character trait that made him who he was but that didn’t mean she wanted to get to know him right now, but she did Cam and his judgement.

As she was walking back to her locker to finish gathering her books, she managed to see a really pretty blonde girl. One she would’ve thought would be a cheerleader. She wasn’t going to talk to the girl, but she was really really pretty, and Gia was just in a little awe of the beauty that this girl held.

a z u l a a z u l a mogy mogy
--
tumblr_inline_po8a0yG6jL1uy9est_540.gif

Tatum was relieved that Colby had said yes, even though he had already agreed she had still worried just a bit that he didn’t want to go with her. She couldn’t remember the last time she had really felt insecure about a dance and going alone. She decided to shove that thought from her mind rather than dwell on some weird feeling she had noticed. It had been nothing it was just because she liked Colby, and that was it. She was fine and feeling fine. She had been doing well for herself and things seemed to be looking brighter.

When Colby shrugged out of his jacket and draped it over her, she slid her arms through. It was warm and comforting than being in her uniform solely. She giggled when he was telling her about the origins of the jacket but that didn’t matter to her because it was a jacket and she felt less exposed. “I like this better than a letterman.” She really didn’t care about being a cheerleader or being with a jock, she never had and somehow being part of what was known as the popular crowd had made her realize and remember why she hadn’t wanted it in the first place.

There was more than Tatum wanted to ask, she wanted him to want them to be official, but she didn’t want to scare him away either. She instead just shrugged at his comment unsure how to word her question, “It’s nothing. I’m just glad you said yes. You get to see all my hard work and decorations. You’ll love it. I promise!” she gave him a small smile her hand still holding onto his. She liked the small moments of comfort and friendship with Colby, even if she wanted sweeter moments, she wasn’t going to ruin something good this time.

0k_mang0 0k_mang0
--
tumblr_nsn81tqiKV1qd0tcho4_250.gifv

Cam heard the door open to the auditorium; he was excited. He had worn a white shirt with a question mark under his jersey and right now the question mark was what was seen. He had worked hard to make this a fun homecoming proposal for Milos and it really had taken him a lot of coordination. From telling Ryder all about this boy he liked and wanted to ask him to the dance and then to ask Ryder to help. He required the help of Gia because she knew both of them so that had made the asking a little easier. He was holding up the last scrabble piece an O in order to spell HOCO. He gave a small smile to the boy approaching him, “You found me. Homecoming with me?” he asked a small blush on his cheeks. He had never done anything like this for someone, so he was more than nervous.

He was nervous as he waited for Milos to respond, he wasn’t sure if he could handle any form of rejection from this person. He had gone on a date spent time with him at the lock in and now this was his chance to try and make them a little more official. Sure, he wanted to tell his family, but he couldn’t. Not with how his family believed, but he wanted to tell everyone how much this one boy made him feel. Made him feel excited to go to school, to try and be a good person and to do grand gestures just because he wanted to put a smile on Milos’ face. This was new for Cam and he wasn’t sure if he was coming on too strong but he didn’t want to risk losing someone so pure and so amazing when Westbrook was full of so many bad people.

Winona Winona

Greyson
5cf51d35d9c4d21d726f559cfbb39749943e6697.gif

"Hey, can I... get you anything?" He stood at the doorway of the extremely pink room, eying the blonde on the bed while he twiddled his thumbs. Everyone always said she was so sweet, so why was Greyson like.... afraid of her? Maybe because he wanted her to like him? Did that make sense? Kate's been practically running up and down checking on her for no apparent reason, and he understands why that might be a little annoying.

What if he was only being more annoying? After a few seconds and there was no reply, he decided to try again. Clearing his throat before he spoke. "Isn't it funny how our names are so similar? That's... like completely crazy." He knew she needed time to get back to herself or something. But he just wanted to talk to her. To see what she's actually like besides the whole... coma thing, he didn't really know her. It was hard to tell if she was ignoring him, but he noticed the smallest smile on her face and Greyson took that as a sign to walk in. "It's Grey, or Greyson, or whatever you want to call me." Just in case she forgot, but he wasn't going to say that too. He didn't want to make it worse between them.

"Your mom went to the office, something about the lawsuit between Ash and all that..." It's clear that seemed like a topic Grace wanted to force by the look on her face. It's pretty sad to hear that your mom is suing your best friend because of what she did-- not that it was Ash's fault but... anyway. "Are you hungry? I could make peanut butter and jelly banana sandwiches. Those are my favorite."

"Uh... No thanks. I think I'm just gonna rest for a little. So..."

"Right. Got it. I'm here if you need anything."

The look on Grace's face said 'I won't.' But at least she smiled back at him, so maybe... she didn't totally hate him?
--

God, she hated him.

These last few weeks have been crazy.

So crazy.

it was a whole mess. Kate and Jonathan were arguing because she wanted him to leave, Grey's mom was just in the middle of it all and he felt really bad for her. Like, his dad wasn't even trying to... make her feel important? Everything was just... tiring. Grace barely paid him any attention and Grey's starting to think it's because she blames him for Jonathan leaving. But no more of that. Today was important to focus on everything else but his family.

He was mid-sandwich when he had gotten a text from Jackie. It wasn't exactly lunch yet, but he was hungry so... free period equals lunch time. Which meant he and Jackie had time to practice that move. And... maybe Greyson had another plan too, but he wasn't about to spoil it.

'yeah! sounds like a plan. I was gonna text you, i had the same idea :)'

Alright, maybe not the same idea. But still. Jackie was honestly one of the coolest girls he ever met. Everyone else kinda treated Greyson like he wasn't worthwhile. Okay, maybe that wasn't totally true. Ash was a good friend, Sawyer was too! But Jackie was just different. They had a lot in common and Grey always felt like the odd one out. It was nice to hang out with someone who had the same interests as you did, yes, they basically only had wrestling in common, but they both liked games, and Jackie was like... hella smart. Which was definitely something he appreciated.

And... she was pretty, but that part didn't matter.

Jackie was just... someone to got his mind off of everything. She was... a good friend. Grey practically inhaled the rest of his food and set up the gym mats, and... something else But that only required a text. ETA was like ten minutes tops. Perfect. Once Jackie showed up, Greyson perked up instantly at the sight of her. "How was your day-- Wait. Sorry I'm supposed to be a mean opponent. Okay, new plan. Pretend I'm an ugly guy who's asking you about your day." He grinned, amused at his own joke of sorts.

"I kid, I kid. Did you eat yet? I have another sandwich if you want it. Or just get straight to business." The blonde rubbed his hands together menacingly, doing his best to impersonate one of those big bullies at are on TV so often.

geminiy geminiy

Milos
tumblr_pmbjwhSZGy1xx06wro3_250.gif

He walked down the center aisle towards Cam. His footsteps echoed in the auditorium, the only sound for the moment until he was stepping up to the stage, and then he was standing in front of Cam. His heart was pounding in his chest. The first two letters were in his pocket, but he held the last one that he'd received from Ryder in his hand. He felt his whole body was blushing as he stood in front of Cam, his cheeks bright red, and wow, was it just him, or was it hot in here?

And then Cam asked him.

Milos's mouth felt dry like sandpaper from the nerves. He knew exactly what he wanted to say, but he paused -- partially because he was trying to figure out how to say yes without his voice breaking. And partially because this was the first time Milos had ever been asked out, at least with someone he legitimately had feelings for, and he wanted to soak it in. This feeling, right here, right now, Milos wanted to relish in and he never wanted to forget it.

His face broke into an even wider smile.

"Cam, I would love to be your date to Homecoming."

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

cao2WAN.gif

Jacqueline Dupont
For the first time in her academic life, Jackie wanted to get out of chemistry class. Everything her teacher said, every interesting equation and interesting reaction, seemed so dull. The sound of the chattering of the students around her and the useless attempts to get the class's attention acted as white noise to cover the deafening silence that threatened to swallow her whole. Her mind seemed to want to focus on anything, everything but the material in front of her. Elements danced off the page, numbers jumbled together into absolute nonsense. Her mind simply refused to cooperate and Jackie felt the urge to leave.

Her next classes were no better. Each second ticked by slower and slower, the day slugging on through molasses. Every time she checked the clock, time seemed to have remained completely stagnant. Jackie even found herself doodling stupid cartoons in the margins of her typically meticulous notes. The only thing that broke the time apart was Greyson's response to her text that managed to give her an ounce of calmness and happiness.

MIT slipped into her mind over and over, followed closely by the gut wrenching fear brought on by the sudden change. It was frustrating that she wasn't as happy and excited as she should be about possibly being able to get in to MIT and being a prime candidate for their school. Going to MIT and following her dreams could be the biggest turning point in Jackie's life. Not much had gone in her favour since her father died. She went from being a kid in a happy home with two loving parents to practically having to raise Bella while her mother spiraled and went off the rails. All of Jackie's hopes and dreams were put on an indefinite pause overnight and MIT could change that. But could she afford to do that? Bella needed her and Jackie would choose her sister over everything, everyone. Not to mention that MIT was an expensive school and Jackie was living out of her car.

The bell rung, pulling Jackie out of her racing thoughts, and she was out of the classroom before she could hear the teacher call out the homework. After throwing her books into her locker, Jackie began making her way to the gym where she said she'd meet Greyson. Swinging open the gym doors, her face lit up in a smile when he came into her vision, a wave of calmness running through her. Jackie waved and made her way over.

"Mean, ugly opponent guy?" Jackie laughed, shaking her head at his words. "Please, we've already discovered you're all bark and absolutely no bite." She teased, sticking her tongue out at the blond playfully. At his question about food, Jackie simply shook her head. Although she hadn't eaten breakfast, her stomach felt hollow and unable to hold food. The last thing she wanted to do during practice was throw up on poor Greyson, at least one of them needed to be having a good day.

"Practice first, so we don't get distracted." Jackie giggled, pulling her hair back into a ponytail. She knew that if she got to talking with Greyson, they'd never practice and her cover would be blown. The last thing she wanted to do was practice but it would be rather odd if she had called him out to practice and they never did. "I actually need help with getting out of pins. Pinning someone is easy, getting out of them is not so simple. There's this move I found that I think could be good for me, I'm rather wiggly so I hope it works."

Jackie was definitely the kind of fighter that preferred quick, sharp moves over slower more powerful moves. She lacked the pure upper body strength that most of her male opponents had but her speed and stamina were often unparalleled. If she couldn't beat them in strength, she'd just have to hit them before they could realize what was happening. Greyson was the perfect practice partner: clearly physically stronger than her, taller too.

After taking a moment to stretch, Jackie stepped onto the mt and lowered herself into position. "You'd better not go easy on me, Grey. Or should I say 'Mean Scary Man'? Give me all you've got." Jackie taunted, motioning for Greyson to start with her fingers.

| Greyson Soap Soap |​

Last edited:
47c4681dc72ee123b2d9492dc5c5a5eeadcea2db.gif
colby
Tatum Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

“I’m still gonna need that jacket back later, by the way,” he said with a cheeky smile. Would he care if she secretly stole it at the end of the day? We’ll find out later.

Colby doubted asking him out to the dance was the only reason, but it didn’t seem like it could've been a big deal to him if she just wanted to meet him at her locker. Right now, this was good enough for him, gently squeezing her hand, feeling elated in the morning of school with the girl he really liked. “I actually can’t wait to see what you’ve done this year.” Obviously, Colby wasn’t usually into stuff like this. That was saying something, Tatum somehow piquing his interest with homecoming decorations.

After another hand squeeze, Colby pulled away and stepped towards his locker that was just three locker-door spaces to the right. Weird how they had never interacted during the first week of school — and yes, he had noticed the coffee and water puddles on the floor in front of Tatum’s locker on the first day, but he wasn’t there when whatever happened there.

Barely a second after opening his locker, Colby jumped back in surprise as a short waterfall of nearly two dozen toy handcuffs spilled out. He reached inside his locker and pulled out a black-and-white striped prisoner cap that mostly came from a costume. Yeesh. Who had the time and money to buy all of this? Shitty prank. Clenching his jaw, Colby tossed the dumb cap on the floor.

tumblr_inline_p7juziZRt41qfz0ze_400.gifv

“Not funny. It’s a shitty prank,” he stated unamusingly. He wasn’t sure who he was saying it to — probably the small group huddled together across from him, or the two or three students snickering behind their hands while passing by. Any stranger not minding their own business. Damn them and that stupid legion-wannabe wolf.

After sweeping out the rest of the few handcuffs in the locker, ignoring the clatter of metal and plastic landing on the floor, and stowing away a couple of books, Colby closed his locker door normally. Slamming it shut would look really bad with Tatum there. Though, he casually, lightly kicked a few handcuffs toward a few students that were staring and chuckling about six feet away from his right. He was not above subtle passive-aggressiveness.

“So,” Colby said with one hand in his pocket, acting as if that handcuff pile didn’t spew out of his locker a few moments ago, “we have a class together next, right? We should go there now.” He hadn't heard the bell ring yet, but what better excuse to get away from the area than going to class?

2-480.1xGfWuWgbUMmFUmfFAmEjIajfupVLpLa0X9ke1TG.jpg

Last edited:
Sawyer
Sawyer walked down the hallway with Grace, slowly, keeping pace with Grace's crutching. She wasn't very good at it. But Sawyer had no doubt that she'd get better as time went on. She could remember breaking her ankle Freshman year and being on crutches for three weeks and then being stuck in a boot. Crutches sucked. The only difference was that Sawyer hadn't had anyone to hold her books and things for her. Ryan had solemnly refused to be, as he put it, "a foot slave". It was alright though, she'd figured it out. But Grace wouldn't have that problem. Sawyer had no problem being a foot slave when it came to her. She glanced at Grace as she talked and drew her eyebrows together in concern.

Those were her classes from last year. That school year was over. Sawyer opened her mouth to tell Grace that but the blonde kept on babbling. She couldn't help the small smile that appeared on her face. That was something she'd always loved about Grace. Her rambling might be annoying to anyone else but to Sawyer it was kind of endearing. She was always so excited about the smallest of things. Sawyer thought it was adorable. That was one of the ways she and her brother were alike, they were both very excitable. She wondered briefly where they had gotten that from, because it definitely wasn't Kate. Sawyer shivered as she tried to imagine Kate rambling like Grace, scary. When Grace finally paused to take a breath, Sawyer took her opportunity to interject softly.

"Babe, that was last year." Sawyer informed her softly as they came to a stop at Grace's locker, which Sawyer had made sure Grace could have after she heard she was coming back. It was right next to Sawyer's and she'd had to make Erin move to get it. Erin had said something about Sawyer owing her now and honestly she was terrified. But it was worth it to make sure Grace was near her.

"And Mrs. Wilson moved away." She frowned, the combination of Grace's newly acquired locker not working, "Damnit. Come on. 1-5-9-4." Nothing. Sawyer groaned and simply pounded her fist on the thing and it popped open. "Anyway, yeah, something about her baby needing some different kind of care." Sawyer shrugged and pulled a crumpled piece of paper put of her pocket, uncrumpling it and scanning over it's contents.

"Your first period is Government." Sawyer grimaced, "Mr. Smith. Great. He's an asshole." She reached into Grace's locker and pulled out a government book before shutting it again. "I'll walk you so you don't have to carry anything." Sawyer grinned brightly at her, awaiting Grace's confirmation.

Soap Soap

[div class=container][div class=image][/div] [div class=blk][div class=title]Jasmine Hayes [div class=line][/div] [div class=lil]Guitar player[/div][/div] [div class=b][div class=lilimage][/div][/div] [div class=info] [div class=post][div class=scroll] Hearing Alaska mention homecoming, made her tilt her head in confusion. Homecoming? Was that suppose to be today? Jasmine guessed that would explain why everyone was dressed up in the school's colors, though she figured it was just there was just a home game today. She hadn't bothered to look at anyone of the posters scattered on the various walls of the school, but now that she was look, they were plastered everywhere. Well... now was the perfect time to start the school year (it really wasn't). This was literally the worst time to enter the school year and she had no idea what to do. Part of her wanted to go, but with such short time and not even having a dress for said event, Jasmine figured it wasn't worth going. Though it wasn't like she didn't have dresses because she did, they were just a year or two old. She would have wanted something new and different because something old wasn't going to do. Jasmine would just wait until next year, she'd be fine without going this year.

"Grace and Ash," Jasmine murmured under her breath, figuring neither of them heard her in the noise filled hallway, "I'll keep an eye out for them." Though she wasn't exactly sure what either of them looked like, she'd probably find out eventually. If she had to guess, being blonde and short was on the list. From every high school movie or show she saw, cheerleaders were usually blonde.. or at least the head cheerleader was. Them running the school was pretty typical in movies too, aside from high school musical. That was the only movie where it seemed like the theater kids were running things in the school. Of course, it was in the name so why wouldn't it be like that. Jasmine was hoping they weren't like every other cheer team, bitchy and mean, but she was told wrong. She'd have to wait it out and see. Maybe, just maybe, she'd be proven wrong, but she highly doubted it.

"Don't make cheerleaders mad, got it." That was easier said than done. The only way to do that was to avoid them as Drake and Alaska had suggested. "You guys make it seem like they're the worst people to walk the planet." Jasmine laughed, "Or just this school." While she did think they were horrid, she didn't think they were as bad as they made them out to be. Then again, they've been going here for awhile and probably got to know them pretty well while she had just started. So maybe she couldn't really be making assumptions just yet, but she was going to risk it. If they were as bad as the ones she went to school with, she'd reconsidered.

"You guys definitely seem like a good bunch to be friends with. Guess I have to stay on your good sides so I don't have an angry mob coming after me or either one of you." Jasmine joked, adjusting her shades.
[/div][/div] [div class=pos][div class="round1 round"][/div] . [div class="round2 round"][/div] . [div class="round3 round"][/div] [div class=stats] Mood: Happy | mentions: Winona Winona a z u l a a z u l a | interaction:Drake,Alaska
location: home | outfit[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=c]code by: undine[/div] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=container]height: 340px; max-width: 500px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; background: #BB90a7 [/class] [class=image]height: 100%; width: 33%; background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/e6b437990dc40986b9b13454b2ff5771/tumblr_pkvptruCZZ1so3n5h_1280.jpg); background-size: 165%; background-position: 55% 30% [/class] [class=blk]height: 100%; width: 65%; left: 35%; position: relative; top: -200px [/class] [class=title]position: relative; top: -120px; left: 0px; max-width: 235px; width: 100%; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; color: #ECDFE6 [/class] [class=line]height: 1px; width: 100%; background: #8E5774 [/class] [class=lil]position: relative; width: 96%; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 10px; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #D8C0CC; [/class] [class=b]position: relative; left: 240px; top: -175px; height: 20%; width: 20%; padding: 5px; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; border: 1px solid #8E5774 [/class] [class=lilimage]height: 100%; width: 100%; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; background: #D2B5C4; background-size: 100%; background-position: 60% 55% [/class] [class=info]position: relative; left: 0px; top: -165px; height: 245px; max-width: 310px [/class] [class=post]height: 190px; width: 101%; font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; text-align: justify; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=pos]position: relative; top: 15px; height: 35px; max-width: 305px; text-align: center; color: transparent; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=round]position: relative; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #D2B5C4; transition: 0.7s; [/class] [class=round2]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #DF9FBF [/class] [class=round3]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #E1A59D [/class] [class=bla]background: #9E6182 [/class] [class=ble]background: #BF4080 [/class] [class=blo]background: #91372C [/class] [class=stats]position: relative; top: 10px; width: 100%; margin: auto;font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; color: white [/class] [script class=post on=mouseenter] addClass bla round1 addClass ble round2 addClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=post on=mouseleave] removeClass bla round1 removeClass ble round2 removeClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseenter] addClass up round addClass up stats removeClass down round removeClass down2 stats [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseleave] addClass down round addClass down2 stats addClass up round addClass up stats [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]top: 0px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: -30px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 0px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down2] animation-name: {post_id}down2; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down2] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 10px[/keyframe] [/animation]

Ashley Santana
6f6f59e59fed5b4e54475f3d17434dd9.gif

Ugh. Westbrook.

Ashley didn't like being back in this place one bit, mostly because she didn't know a lot of people, but also because she had memories connected to the school, and these memories weren't exactly...how would you say...very fond ones.

Ashley used to go to Westbrook but had moved to East Park due to some inconveniences. To get the exact gist of why Ashley was back here, in Westbrook, on color day of all days, you would need to know a couple of things about her. Ashley is the type of person who likes to have her fingers in all the pies, especially if those pies were connected to people who knew some of her darker secrets, and one particular person knew one particularly dark secret. That person was Noah, and to keep her tabs on him, she needed to keep her tabs on the people he had gotten close to in the past however long the school year had been going on for. One of those people, by her sources, was a little freshman girl going by the name of Gianna. You shouldn't ask how Ashley knew this because it was probably from a whole spider's web of connections created simply with manipulation and deceit, but this was normal for Ashley.

She had been dressed in Westbrook High's school colors, yellow and blue, and she even put on war face paint to fit in perfectly with all the people she despised from the bottom of her hollow, cold soul.

Ashley didn't know exactly how to approach Gianna and not come off all creepy and stalkery, but when she caught Gianna staring directly at her, she knew it was her window to get a conversation going.

She had walked over to the a-little-bit-shorter girl, putting on the perfect innocent smile belonging to a very innocent cheerleader, something which Ashley definitely hadn't been. She knew how to act and how to manipulate, and Gianna looked like somebody who trusted innocent people pretty easily.

"Hey!" She waved over to the girl, shyly, not wanting to intimidate her for staring. Ashley was aware that trust is the number 1 step of getting people to tell you things.

Interactions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler (Gia)​

Nixon Owens
ezgif-6-8b118824d646.gif
Today was a special day.

The past week had been spirit week, and for little Miss Nixon Owens, spirit week had been the best week of her high school life so far. The people who consider her a friend know that this girl always has pep, cheer, and spirit to share even when she is feeling down, and this means that she fit right in with everybody else in Westbrook High, which wasn't the case every day. Students needed to show their support for the school by dressing for daily themes, and Friday's theme was the school color day, which meant that everybody was wearing yellow and blue, and Nixon wasn't the only person wearing colorful clothing, and by that, she wasn't standing out too much.

At the moment, Nixon was in the middle of taping homemade 'save the turtles' signs with a very cute turtle friend drawn on when she had stumbled upon a ball of curly hair which actually turned out to be a boy who was drawing??? She looked at his paper to figure out what he was doing, but even though she wasn't stupid, she couldn't understand what he had been doing.

"Uh, what's that you got there? Looks very sciency." She asked.

Interactions: Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy (Vared)

yes sir.jpeg
Ronnie "Blue Nile" Kane

"...So what do you want?"

Was everyone's mind on Mars?
Ronnie Blue Nile Kane could not understand that four-letter question. Useless pooches he dealt with in the byway of empty streets and terraces all asked him the same damn question. He’d be forced to roll his eyes, fist in his pockets, and present the newest additive drug on the market under an obtusely cued, and metal-peeling yellow lamp, all under the ticking time for the wads of bills to shuffle and reshuffle. But, when he got home it had been the same deal. His parents criss-crossed fingers with their criminal clients, and when he stared a mere moment longer, the question would slip out of his father’s mouth. And in spiteless spins, he’d end up in the backseat of his car with friends or a chick, smoke pulling the oxygen out of his lungs, with the same question repeated.

“So straightforward, reddie,” Ronnie laxly replied, obstructing away from his blockheaded thoughts, “No wonder why you’re a bore.”

She happened to hate October, but ironically that seemed like the month that would fit her. Not by her hair, no. That was only a scarce detail compared to death row that continued to be incarcerated in her greens. Very halloweenish. Boo-ish. Witchy, and a word that rhymed with it closely .

“It’s called friendship,” Ronnie illustrated with a harder roll on the vowels, “I am sure that you enjoy your loneliness for life and always, but it looks sad from afar.”

Hearing the distant shrill of a bell, Ronnie receded his attention to the characterless clock.

“On this note, we might as well avoid each other our whole lives, don’t you think?” Winding towards the direction of his class, he gave one glimpse over his shoulder, unable to control a hounding smirk.

“Except, I suck at promises. So, see you later, yeah?”

Winona Winona

Last edited:

Grace

Right.

No, of course it was last years classes. Grace knew that. It’s alright. Just a small slip up was all. She chewed the inside of her lip but didn’t say anything more about it, deciding to ignore it altogether. “That sucks. Poor Mrs Wilson. I was really looking forward to seeing the baby.” Well, once it was born but that was beside the point. She felt stupid just hovering over her own locker as Sawyer grabbed her books for her. She would’ve said something along the lines of ‘I can do it.’ Or ‘I got it.’ And shoo her away, but she didn’t want to sound... ungrateful, or mean in a way. So she bit her tongue. Although holding a book and attempting to use the crutches didn’t seem like the best idea. Grace would’ve figured it out. She wasn’t incapable of doing any of this by herself and she hoped Sawyer knew that.

“I can handle mean. I’m a cheerleader, it surrounds me.” Nope. Was, she was a cheerleader. Yes, another brilliant idea from one of her estranged family members. ‘We think it’s best if you were to sit out cheerleading this year.’ Oh, fuck. you. Jonathan. Her feelings about her father haven’t changed, Grace knew he was only trying to ‘help.’ But why help now?

Nevertheless, Grace’s gonna find a way to get onto the team again. There’s no way she’s sitting this out. And it wasn’t exactly hard to find out who cheer captain was, but maybe with a little nudging— they’d be able to put in a good word with the coach. Sawyer and Grace walked the rest of the way to class mostly in silence. Well, Grace was silent anyway. “Okay, shoo onto your own classes. I’m fine here. I got it.” She told her at the doorway, placing the crutches aside for a moment to grab the book from Sawyer’s hands and shoving it into her backpack.

See, she wasn’t helpless. It was a simple fix. “I’ll see you... at lunch.” Please just say yes. As much as Grace enjoyed Sawyer’s attention, her mission to get back onto the cheer team would automatically fail as soon as the words, ‘Hi Tatum.’ Fell from her mouth— so goodbye Sawyer. Bye. “Don’t worry, I got... uh...” She decided to throw personal space away, as she slid hand into Sawyer’s pocket, lifting out her schedule. “This thingy.” She waved the paper and smiled. The bell rang and it was as if a weight lifted off of her shoulders. Muttering her goodbyes to the other blonde, and heading into the classroom.

This was going to be a piece of cake.

Imagine the worst and hardest dessert you’ve ever had in your whole life. Nothing about that class was soft and simple like a cake. Think like... a scone. Okay... fine. She’ll be honest. It wasn’t hard and that was the problem. No one called on Grace— she was just basically a spectator. The one time? It was to say how happy they were she was back, and wish a great recovery— Hello? Wasn’t this guy supposed to be mean? At the very least when Grace actually tried to be involved, pitiful smiles surrounded her.

Why?

It was the crutches. Of course it was, it reminded them how sick she was— so, Grace had to come up with a plan to ditch those too. How? ... she had no idea. She could figure out a game plan how to set those on fire as they mysteriously disintegrated into ash.

After class, Grace’s gaze finally landed on who’d she’d been tracking down all morning— she’s just glad Tatum didn’t see her today. It took the blonde a moment to catch up to her, “Hey! ... Tatum.” No, she didn’t forget her name. Grace just... wasn’t a huge fan of her.

What? She had her reasons.... reasons that she doesn’t want to disclose at this time.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler KingofAesir KingofAesir

Last edited:
tumblr_nsn81tqiKV1qd0tcho4_250.gifv

Cam was elated that Milos had agreed to be his date to homecoming. He couldn’t help but sweep the boy into a hug. He had never felt this kind of excitement with anyone else so he was riding on cloud nine and nothing could spoil his mood. When he pulled away from the embrace, he had a huge smile on his face, “I’m so glad you said yes. This will be the best night of your life so far.” He wanted to pull him into a kiss but stopped himself, he didn’t want to overwhelm Milos, he was too sweet, and Cam adored that part of Milos. It was refreshing and if nothing else it really added to how cute Milos was.

Cam put his jersey back over his question mark shirt and reached for Milos’ hand, “I’ll walk you to class?” he gave a cheeky grin towards Milos. It was these small moments that really mattered. The big moments were great and fun, but the small ones held the memories and Cam wanted memories with Milos both small and large.

Winona Winona
--
tumblr_inline_oo4ornA8Mq1uogu26_250.gifv

Tatum had been quiet when she saw the handcuffs fall from Colby’s locker, she glared at those around who snickered, and she picked up a couple that had fallen near her. She didn’t say anything she just tossed the stray ones in her locker and she’d deal with them later. Of course, in a situation like this Tatum had chosen to remain silent only hugging Colby’s jacket a bit tighter to her. It was nice to have something warm on and making her feel like she could almost drown in it, even though it really was just bulky large on her.

She had nodded at his comment about class and she followed next to him. It was hard not to blame him for wanting to get to class, especially when it was go get away from a stupid prank. All she wanted was a good day

When they walked into class of course Mr.Stalter had called her over to his desk. She walked over only to be told she wasn’t doing so well in his class. Well, at least her day couldn’t get any worse right? He offered her tutoring help with his assistant and Tatum really couldn’t afford to fail a class. Not with how her dad was and what he would say if she was doing bad so she was going to get all the help she could get. Even if it killed her.

Class had been boring as it usually was for her and maybe that was why she had been doing poorly but she had heard her name called and saw Grace. She was glad to see the other blonde had made a recovery and was back in school, “Hey, Grace. Glad to see you’re doing better.” Tatum wasn’t going to comment much on it. She had liked Grace, but she didn’t know her well to visit her in the hospital, “You need help with something?” she wasn’t sure if Grace had a genuine question or just needed help. Tatum was there for either.

0k_mang0 0k_mang0 Soap Soap
--
tumblr_inline_owytc3uM3d1txu878_540.gif

Gia was shocked when the girl had approached her. She didn’t know her or if she did, she forgot her name. Gia felt a moment of panic before she realized she didn’t know this girl. Had she stared to hard? Had she offended her? That was the last thing Gia had wanted to do so when the girl was closer to her Gia gave a small smile, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to just stare at you. You’re just really pretty.” Which wasn’t a lie at all. Gia really thought she was. She believed in telling people what she thought about them when it was positive because everyone deserved a compliment to some extent. So that was what she was doing to this girl. She hoped it would maybe brighten the girl’s day.

It was in that small moment that Gia realized she hadn’t introduced herself, “Oh my goodness. I’m Gianna, but I go by Gia. It’s nice to meet you.” She gave a larger slightly more confident smile to the blonde. The first few minutes of meeting anyone new were important and Gia hoped she didn’t make a bad impression though she didn’t think she had. But she was never one to assume how others reacted towards her.

mogy mogy

Alaska

giphy.gif

Alaska hadn't known that JJ had bought Drake a suit for homecoming, the cheerleader wasn't exactly known for her generosity and Alaska wanted to ask him about it, but not in front of the new girl. It seemed like they had a lot of catching up to do, which made her a little sad. She used to know everything about her best friend and now she hardly ever saw him because they were both so busy.

"Of course, I'm right." Alaska joked, rolling her eyes playfully as she smiled back at her friend. "He does have a point, I guess I am a little protective of my friends." She shrugged, so maybe she'd beaten up Mason for laying a hand on his little brother. He definitely deserved it. Alaska didn't have many friends but the ones she did were great friends, she would do absolutely anything to protect them.

"Well, there's always room at our lunch table." Usually, Alaska wasn't this friendly with new people, but she was in a good mood because it was homecoming and she had a date for the first time (Drake didn't count as her best friend he was obligated to) and she'd somehow managed to make it onto homecoming court. Perhaps it was time to expand her friend circle to more than the people she'd known her whole life. College would be starting soon which meant she'd be leaving Drake and Stu behind, and more than likely she and Sawyer wouldn't be attending the same school, so Alaska needed to adapt to making new friends sooner or later.

Interacting: Drake Winona Winona and Jasmine WeirdPrincess WeirdPrincess

tumblr_m21cfdaSjH1r51uo0o1_500.gifv

When Ian finally let go of his best friend he was still shaking, not as badly as before, but noticeably. Ash's words were comforting for the most part. He did however notice she said he 'wasn't just something breakable'. Just. Meaning she did see him as breakable. Of course she did. Everyone did, they must have. And whether they want to, or even realize it or not; they treated him just a little differently because of it. Everyone's perception was irreversibly changed about him. Yes, even Ash. Ian knew the she was trying her best to make him feel better and she would do anything for him, just as he would for her, so he tried to not think about the verbal slip up she just made. It's not like there was much he could do about it anyway.

A small smile formed on Ian's face. It was only half genuine. He wanted to be okay for Ash, for Alaska, but he just wasn't. Not yet at least. Perhaps if all went well tonight he would be in an alright place, but now? He couldn't. But he could see the worry in the blondes face and that absolutely tore his heart out. He couldn't keep doing this to her. So, despite himself, he forced a smile onto his face. Besides, she had something for him, that was a reason to smile right?

Ian rolled his eyes playfully as she spoke. "I'm sure you're not that terrible, and as I said before, you really didn't have to get me anything. It's just a birthday. I get one every year." He was not expecting what she got him however. His eyes scanned over the gift over and over again, disbelief evident on his face. Without a word he carefully set it down on the table and turned back to Ash. He looked at her for a moment before pulling her into another hug, but this one was more tender and less broken. It was a gentle, loving hug for his best friend. "I love it. It's one of the best things anyone's ever gotten for me. I don't have enough words for it." he said pulling away and smiling, truly smiling at her. There wasn't a need for a facade this time. It may have been a small one, but it was an honest smile that now rested on his face. Things may have still been grey but there was at least a little ray of sunshine in Ian's world. "Thanks Ash." They weren't always perfect, but that was what was really great about their friendship. They always came through for each other when it really mattered. Winona Winona

tumblr_phvtw99aP61tajrww_540.gif

It felt like Dwyer was really starting to settle in to working as a teacher's aide. Dave Stalter was a good teacher and only really needed Dwyer for things beyond class like tutoring, staying late, and grading. That and remembering when classes were. He was a bit of a forgetful man. Most people had am assumption as to why he was a forgetful man, but Dwyer preferred to just think of it as his personality, rather than let rumors run rampant.

All of Stalter's students were great and he was building a good rapport with the student population. Most students tended to connect better with younger teachers anyway. He barely had any troublemakers whenever he was in the room and kids seemed to always pay close attention to what he said. Dwyer wasn't really being paid much but he didn't need the job to. He only needed enough money to get him by while doing his fellowship.

This week had been spirit week and while in school he had only participated minimally, being on the other side of things Dwyer was a little different. He didn't stand out by any means but he did dress up some. Simple things that he could already find in his wardrobe. Unlike his partner who seemed to go all out on everything. Sometimes it was hard to take Stalter seriously but he was a good man and was willing to accept Dwyer as an aide so Dwyer would accept him and all his quirks. It's not like he hadn't been dealing with wild people all his life. It seemed like wherever he went he was the designated babysitter. First with Ian, Morgan and Faye, then his brief stint in the military, and now Stalter and his students. Maybe he gave off some sort of brotherly aura? He could only guess.

Today was the last day of spirit week and as such the theme was school colors. He was wearing a blue button up shirt with gold buttons to reflect his 'school spirit'. It wasn't much but hey, he was participating. As his thoughts wandered about being this designated babysitter friend his eyes caught sight of a head of colorful hair. He checked his watch. It was about ten minutes before his first class so he made his way over. "Shouldn't you be getting to class young lady?" he said in a slightly mocking tone, eyebrow arched. If he had to watch over others, he was going to take his role seriously and make sure people were the best versions of themselves they could be. Starting with one of his closest friends. Luna_Marie Luna_Marie

tenor.gif

Parker grinned at Gia's response. "I'm glad you like it. I wasn't entirely sure what to get, they had so many options. Looks like I lucked out. And sure, I didn't have to but y'know...I wanted to. The festival was cut short and I definitely would have won something if I had gotten the chance. But hey, this is probably way better than anything they had there." Perfect. She liked it. The worm was on the hook, the fish was nibbling, it was now time to reel it in.

A hand awkwardly scratched the back of his head. "Oh friends huh? So no date then..." he trailed off to seem awkward. "I was thinking about going yeah...I was also kinda wondering...." he glanced to the floor for a moment and looked back up to the girl sheepishly. Well, not entirely up. He was practically a foot taller than her, but up from the ground. "..if you maybe wanted to go with me? I mean you can totally go with your friends if you want to, no pressure or anything. I just figure someone as sweet as you deserves a date to homecoming- err well it doesn't even have to be a date either..." he stumbled over his words. What a performance. Parker considered for a moment pursuing an acting career. Imaging how much he could get laid if he was famous. But that was a thought for another time, now was the time to focus.

A small smile formed on Gia's lips, her eyes full of joy, “No, it’s fine, I’d like to go with you! Date or no date! You’re so nice and I think you deserve to have a good time too. So no friend joining. You and me” the smile never leaving her face. Parker's grin matched hers. "Awesome! That's...Well it's a weight off my chest. I'm glad. I enjoy spending time with you. " Hook. Line. Sinker. This may all end up being easier than he thought. It would just take time. But that was okay. Parker was patient. An analogy of a frog or a spider came to mind, but he shook his head clear. He couldn't be too pleased with himself yet. There was always a chance to screw up before sealing the deal. Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

CD619AF6-29F9-42FF-90BB-8FC4DBC12C45_4_5005_c.jpeg
Morgan A cough escaped Morgans throat as she peered through the cloud she huffed out to see a man approach her. Dwyers face came into view as the haze cleared and Morgan flashed him a goofy smile. "Gee Teach, always a buzzkill? Come sit with me, take a hit, a break." A laugh broke out of her and she bit her lip, raising her eyebrows dramatically and gesturing to the tree. "Although your height might make my new plant friend jealous. So how are you enjoying chasing after a bunch of teens again? I bet theyve got you chaperoning the dance or some other undesirable activity." She stretched and stood, bouncing to her feet and taking another quick hit. The smoke break was almost over, blunt nearing its end. A sad sigh groaned out of her and she ran a hand through her hair. Morgan trained her eyes back on Dwyer, studying the features of his face. It was absolutely impossible that he got more attractive over the last few months, but yet it had happened. After looking at him for what felt like a bit too long, she flitted her eyes away and pretended to be looking very casually at the sky, something that never looked casual.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

Milos
tumblr_pmbjwhSZGy1xx06wro3_250.gif

Cam was right about overwhelming the poor boy -- Milos was close to possibly fainting from the pure nerve-wracking adrenaline of this moment. The hard part was over. The tracking down the pieces, summoning the meager courage to make his way here -- all of that was gone. And now he felt almost light-headed with giddiness.

He was swept up into a hug, and Milos let out a small laugh, wrapping his arms around Cam and squeezing him back. Milos was overwhelmed, but in a good way. The hug didn't last nearly long enough -- probably because Milos felt like he could hold Cam forever and never get tired of it -- so he was reluctant to let go, and then he didn't know what to say. What to do.

Luckily, Cam did. Cam always knew what to do when Milos's brain failed him.

"Yeah, that would be nice." He said, taking Cam's hand in his own, that familiar blush creeping across his cheeks, his heart pounding even harder in his chest as the two headed out of the auditorium and towards class.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

----------------------------------------------------

Ash
tumblr_inline_p8aiproGx81urfelz_540.gif

It was like a weight was lifted off of her shoulders when Ian said that he liked the gift, the tension relaxing from her shoulders, and a huge smile spreading across her face. And then Ian pulled her back into another hug, and Ash was surprised at first, but laughed and wrapped her arms around him once again, hugging him tightly.

She let go of him after a few seconds, the grin still on her face. "I was really worried that you would think it was kind of stupid, so I'm glad. Like, really glad." Ash said with a light laugh. Of course she knew that everything wasn't okay, but at least right here, right now, it felt alright. "I have to go to class, but I'll see you later for the Court thing." Ash was actually kind of excited about it. At the beginning of the year, Ash had thought everyone hated her, or disliked her, or pitied her, but getting voted on meant that people still liked her.

Ash grabbed her backpack from the table, zipping the pocket up and tossing it over her shoulder before she turned back to Ian, a beaming smile still lighting up her face. They would get through this ridiculous Wolves stuff together, and it would be fine. It had to be fine. Everyone would forget eventually, and things would return to normal. Ash figured that if she could get into a car accident and break most of her bones and crush her hands but still come out alright, then she could probably do anything. Handle anything. And yeah, maybe Ash had backslid when she slept with Kanen, and kissed Raven, but she was determined now.

Without really thinking about it, Ash stepped forward and rose up on the balls of her feet to give Ian a quick kiss on the cheek. "It'll be alright. Just keep your chin up, handsome." She said, still keeping that smile, that upbeat attitude, as she stepped back away from Ian and headed out of the classroom and towards her locker.

For once, Ash actually felt like everything would be okay.

PenguinFox PenguinFox

----------------------------------------------------

Drake
tumblr_inline_nc0scvXenV1siu1dy.gif

The new girl was sweet, the way she thought that they were a good bunch to be friends with, when that couldn't be farther from the truth. Perhaps she was just being polite, or maybe she really didn't realize quite yet what a bad pair of friends Drake and Alaska would make. Maybe from the outside they seemed nice, friendly, easy to get along with, but it would only be a short period of time before someone told Jasmine the truth, and Drake and Alaska were left alone with just each other.

Wow, he was feeling... very cryptic today.

"She's right. It's literally just her and me at the table." Nova had sat with them a few times, but she was usually too busy with her boyfriends to bother with them. When Alaska had left for New York, Drake had been effectively alone -- it had been during that time that him and Maisie had stopped talking, too. Last year had been lonely.

"Anyway, so the office is right over there," Drake said, pointing in the direction of it. The door to the office was closed, and he suspected that Principal Summers was probably hiding in there, maybe plotting how to suck the souls of the next students. "I would come with you and help you find your classes, but I actually need to go finish some stuff for the dance tonight." He explained with a grin. Tatum may have been in charge of setting it up (stupid cheerleader, stealing his job), but that didn't mean Drake hadn't helped.

"But I hope to see you at the game and dance tonight. Alaska and I are totally getting crowned Homecoming King and Queen." He said with a laugh, even if he doubted that would happen. The crowns would go to someone with more pull in this school. Mason and JJ, maybe. Or even him and JJ, since she had been campaigning with him.

"Bye guys." He said and, in proper awkward Drake fashion, finger gunned at the girls as he backed away until he bumped into a student. A quick apology later, and Drake was turned around and heading towards the gym to check out the decorations and make sure that everything looked good and perfect for this year's Homecoming.

WeirdPrincess WeirdPrincess a z u l a a z u l a

Greyson
5cf51d35d9c4d21d726f559cfbb39749943e6697.gif

So, maybe it was a little bit difficult to not go easy on Jackie.

It wasn't because she was a girl! Let's be real. Grey just didn't wanna hurt her. "Yeahyeah, whatever. I'm a fat puppy or whatever it was." The blonde took his stance, getting in position while his mind wandered to the nickname. It totally sucked, okay? Greyson didn't want to be seen as a little harmless puppy all the time, he was a man. Okay, sure. He wasn't big on the whole masculinity thing either, but he didn't wanna be seen like he was weaker than a full grown dog. Like, it was a cute nickname. Yeah. But he wasn't a puppy. And so, Greyson decided to throw all caution out the window and challenged Jackie as if she was a real opponent. Pulling her onto a grapple while Jackie did her thing.

So, no. He wasn't totally surprised when his back was suddenly on the mat. Or dizzy from the sudden fall.

The only thing that made is eyes go wide, was Jackie on top of him.

"Uh..."

Uh? That's all he could've said?! He seemed like an idiot. He could hear his phone buzzing with messages and calls, but he could care less at this point.

Jackie was... really, really pretty.

Woah.

geminiy geminiy

Grace

While it was sweet that Tatum asked, Grace fought the urge to roll her eyes. What was wrong with her? All she asked was if she needed help. Was it because she had cheer captain now? It's... possible? Truthfully, maybe Grace was just envious of Tatum. Maybe that's why she didn't like her?

Oh. It's not her fault she basically... took your place, Grace.

She knows that.

It's just a little hard to register it all. "No, I just wanted to ask..." If you'd give her the spot back? No, that was selfish... though, she is back now... but who would give captain to a coma patient. Well, ex coma patient. But who actually saw Grace as... Grace today? No one. The answer was nobody. Crutches or not, the hard truth was, it's going to take a long damn time for someone to actually treat her like a normal person. And as much as she hated it, that didn't mean Grace couldn't keep trying to fight against it.

"If you think there's a spot for me on the team?"

Grace glanced down at the crutches and back towards Tatum.

"These are temporary, and the doctors cleared me and everything. I wouldn't do a lot of work, I just... miss my friends." No, the doctors didn't clear her. But Tatum didn't need to know that. She just needed to come though. The coach would listen to the cheer captain, that's how it always was with Grace. She was a reasonable person to work with. She just kinda wished her and Tatum would switch places. That was bad, wasn't it? To wish your own terrible situation on someone you barely knew?

Of course it was.

But could you blame her?

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Evie
AmEbkUE.gif

Evie sat on the edge of the hospital bed, staring at all the colors in the makeup bag.

"I'm not big on makeup, but your makeup sucks." She pointed to all her bright pinks and purples. It was a little weird how vulnerable Evie was with Adriane. Maybe it was because she'd seen her almost always, in and out throughout these few years. Because she knew her longer? Sure, Adriane and Evie had that whole Sawyer face where she didn't like her-- not that she's admitting she likes the other blonde, but in theory. She wasn't a big fan of Adriane when they first met.

She never questioned her whenever she'd steal some of her gifts, or sad stuffed animals for something to hold onto whenever she'd get blood drawn, or those horrifying IVs. Technically, Evie brought the IVs to herself. Normal people were able to walk around with their little wheel thing as the IV was placed on top. But she was thrown with the chemo patients because she couldn't sit still. It wasn't her fault-- it was just... a lot sometimes.

An escape is what she needed. And the invitation to a party, wasn't something she wanted to pass down. Thankfully, Adriane's room was on the first floor. A perfect window to escape out of. Grace had told her she'd handle all the escape measures, but let's be honest. That girl had to stick to something less illegal. She'd be caught in 0.5 milliseconds if she was ever going to plot an escape plan. The brunette shut her eyes so Adriane could apply whatever horrifying color she picked.

"... Can I ask you something?"

Winona Winona

Last edited:
Adriane
source.gif

When Evie had asked Adriane to do her makeup and help her, Adriane had tried her best to hide her excitement. Being an only child meant that Adriane had never had the opportunity to help out a younger sibling get ready for a dance, and since her first year she had been stuck in the hospital for dances, Adriane had never been able to get ready for a dance. Shop for a dress, put on the pretty makeup... Granted, she had done it once when she had been Evie's age, when Adriane had gone to her first and only dance with Mason. She had been about Evie's age, and she had gotten pregnant and was never able to attend afterwards.

So yeah, she was excited when Evie had asked her for help.

Right now, Adriane was carefully apply a red and black smoky eye. Despite the pinks and purples that fit her perfectly and that Evie had chosen to tease her about, she had picked colors that fit Evie perfectly. She was determined to make sure that this dance would be the best night of Evie's life, and that she would feel prettier than... Cinderella or any other Disney princess. Because Evie deserved to feel like that. She deserved to have a night like this, to forget that she was a sick hospital kid.

Just like Adriane had, when she was Evie's age, even as she sat here with her body aching and an IV hooked up to her. At least she had that one night, when she was fifteen and thought that she was in love.... everyone deserved to have a night like that.

"You can ask me anything." She leaned away from Evie as she finished off the makeup along her eyes, putting that away to start poking through the lipstick, searching for the right shade. "What's on your mind?"

Soap Soap

Evie
AmEbkUE.gif

Anything?

See. That's where things got tricky. Evie was never really open with anyone. Yeah, her and Adriane were close. But besides complaining-- she never talked about why she's actually in the hospital. It just didn't come up and whenever something related to it does, Evie just changes the subject instinctively. But this was different, if she asked Grace about it-- she knew Sawyer wouldn't shut up and... Evie didn't really want to be teased.

She put up the whole, 'I'm a total badass' thing and it's been sticking pretty well. But little things do get to her, believe it or not. And this required something only a straight woman could answer... eh. Maybe. "So, boys. They're like a thing at high schools. Right?" Oh god, she so did not want to have this conversation. The brunette picked loose threads on the hospital blanket beneath them and tried her hardest not to flinch from the makeup brush she was so ready to throw across the room. Thankfully, it seemed like she was done doing whatever she was doing with her eyes. "How do I like..." Get them to like her? No! Gross. Evie decided to throw that whole idea out the window.

That was confusing, and she didn't want to deal with confusing.

"Never mind, I just sorta feel like people there are gonna look at me differently. I don't want to tell them... 'Hey, I'm a pity hospital chick who's probably never going have their own homecoming.' I don't know. I guess..." The brunette hesitated for a long moment, and her eyes landed on a surprisingly, not hideous light pink color. She reached out and handed it out to Adriane. The color wasn't typically something Evie would wear, but maybe that's what drew her to it?

"I want to pretend that I'm like everyone else."

Winona Winona

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back