We're The Animals Of The School

Alissa

she giggled at his comment then furrowed her brow "I'm not a baby Xan!" she licks her lips and smiles, she walks beside him, holding his large hands tightly in her smaller hands.

Xan chuckled. "That's adorable," he answered. He saw how his hand covered Alissa's pretty much entirely, and it was cute in a way. Xan helped himself to the cotton candy. The fluffy treat quickly dissolved on his tongue, leaving a very sweet and familiar aftertaste in his mouth.

"Which ride do you wanna go on first?" he spun Alissa in a circle while still holding her hand and smiled.

Alissa

She smiled and laughed as he spun her around, Then looked up at him her cheeks still pink, "I dunno." she looked around and squeezed his hand tightly then looked over at a ride, it was tall and she heard the people scream as they plunged down quickly, it made her stomach tingle. "That one?" she asked and looked up at him.

James

He closed the door behind her and walked into the kitchen "You can sit in the living room if you would like." he said as he pulled out two glasses.

Xan smiled as he looked at the ride that Alissa pointed to. It loomed into the blue sky, and it gave him that daring sense that made him almost child-like. The ride was called 'The Viper'. "Sounds good to me. C'mon!" Xan laughed as he ran and pulled Alissa along into the line.

He glanced behind his shoulder and saw a small boy wearing a blue baseball cap, whining to his mother about not being able to go on The Viper. Xan smiled lightly. The kid wasn't throwing a temper tantrum, but he just found the way the kid talked cute in that childish way.

Alissa

she smiled and giggled, She looked back at the boy as well, she tightened her grip on Xan's hand and looked up at him "I remember when i was that young." she smiled brightly "I also got so frustrated when i was to short to ride the rides." Alissa was short for her age, she has always been short.

"Hmm, I'm not sure if I can relate exactly. Haven't been to amusement parks very much when I was younger..." Xan's voice trailed off as he thought about it. "Actually, the first time was when I was about...six, maybe? My Uncle Buddy took me, it was fun." Xan's uncle had been more like a kind father figure to him than his real father. Though, the man passed away two years later.

Xan faked a smile to fight away the feeling of grief. "But I'm glad I get to be here," then his smile turned more soft, into his real one. "With you, I mean."

Alissa

She listened then hugged him tightly and squeezed his hand "I am happy to be here with you too." She blushed and smiled "I'm happy to be with you at all." she released him and blushed deeply while looking up at him.

Xan smiled when he received a hug from Alissa. "Me too..." he said, then tilted his head a bit and chuckled a little. Xan told her, "It's cute when you blush like that." The line moved up at a good pace, and it was nearly their turn to get on the ride. Xan wanted front seats, so he was hoping that Alissa and him would be the lucky ones to get the first cart.

Xan laughed from Alissa's reaction. "It's fine, Alissa. And I want to see your face and eyes," he took her wrist and lowered the hand that was trying to cover her face. Xan smiled brightly. "That's better."

I went and sat in the living room for a few minutes, then I started feeling bored. I walked over to the entrance of the kitchen, "Do you need help with anything?" I asked hopefully, not wanting to sit anymore.

Alissa

She blushed brightly "You are doing it on purpose!" she whined and hugged him gently.

James

"Uh, Yeah sure." he hesitated "Can you get the marshmallows out of the cabinet right there?" he asked pointing to the cabinet as he began to make the hot chocolate.

Xan couldn't help but laugh again when Alissa whined. "Maybe I am, maybe I'm not," he said, having a bit of a mischievous tone in his voice.

Xan glanced ahead; they were next in line. They walked up, and luckily Alissa and him got the first cart, and they were strapped in. He smiled. "You ready?"

Alissa

She shook her head "Nope." then smiled and dug her nails into the soft foam padding on the bars holding them down to the seat.

Xan noticed how tightly Alissa was holding onto the bar in front of her stomach, her nails practically about to tear into it. "It's okay, I'm right beside you. It'll be fun," he smiled. The roller coaster advanced forward, and now they were going up the incline.

Xan held onto Alissa's hand for reassurance, as they inched closer and closer to the high point of the roller coaster.

She walked over to the cabinet to remember that she sucks at finding things. She could've sworn she had been staring into the cabinet for at least five minutes until she found the marshmallows. Scratching the back of her head, embarrased, "Sorry that took so long." She laughed out.

Alissa

She blushed as he held her hand tighter, she glanced over at him, her bright blue eyes nervous, but excited and bright, She smiled softly then felt her stomach rise in her throat as she looked down and her eyes became panicked as they came to the very tip and nudged forward but stopped as if teasing the riders, making them fear and get excited for when the cart actually flings forward, then it jolted hard and she scratched his hand slightly and bit her lip.

For a split second as they plummeted, Xan felt like he was lifted off his seat, and his stomach dropped.

Xan shouted with excitement along with the rest of the people on the ride, he hadn't noticed the slight scratch on his hand---he was really enjoying this. The wind whistled in his ears and tousled his brown hair, and he saw the amusement park in a different point of view. He looked at Alissa, smiled at her, and squeezed her hand a little. He wanted to show her how fun this was.

Alissa

She screamed and smiled, the wind messing up her curled diamond black hair, she screamed with enjoyment then looked at Xan, her face flustered red.

Xan laughed, and stole a glance over at Alissa. He smiled with soft eyes. The ride went over a brief spiraled twist and then a little bit after they approached to a slow stop. He breathed our, satisfied. "Well, that was fun, huh?" he glanced at Alissa and chuckled a little, trying to hold back.

"You've got cowlicks now," he said, reaching out and tucking a lock of her hair past her ear. "But no doubt my hair is all wild, so I can't tease you," Xan smiled, and shook his head to make his hair fall back into it's natural place.

Alissa

She smiled and smoothed her hair down quickly, they were released from the cart and she climbed out, She smiled at Xan and held out her smaller hands for him to take in his.

Xan took Alissa's hand, her smaller one being covered by his. "Let's see...which one next?" he walked with her and was thinking about their options. He sneaked a glance at her. He smiled, and his face grew a little red and he looked away. Xan was snapped back into reality when he saw a blonde-haired kid wearing a blue baseball hat, the one they both saw before getting on The Viper ride.

Only except, he was without his mother. The boy was crying too, but nobody really seemed to give attention to him. Without saying anything, Xan walked over to the child who was probably no older than seven years old.

Xan knelled down in front of him. "Hey...where's your mom?" he asked in a gentle voice.

"I-I...lost her..." he answered, sniffing between his words and stuttering.

Alissa

she looked down at him, and frowned. She looked down at Xan and ran her hand over his shoulder "We can help you find her." she said gently and rubbed Xan's shoulder before blushing and taking it away.

Xan didn't mind Alissa's hand on his shoulder, though right now he was worried for the kid. "Yeah, we'll help you. What's your name?" Xan asked.

The boy looked up, wiping his tears with a small fist. "Logan," he answered.

"Okay, Logan. Where did you last see your mom at?" Xan questioned

"She...went to the bathroom and told me to wait outside but..." he trailed off while shaking his head. Xan stood up offered his free hand to Logan. Xan gave the small boy a reassuring smile.

"C'mon, we'll find her."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back