• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Welcome to Vampire Academy 1x1 (TheGodSnake and StarrySkyofLostSouls)

StarrySkyofLostSouls

Reach for the stars
Welcome to St. Vladimir’s Academy, or as some call it… Vampire Academy. At this school, there are three groups; Royals, Moroi and Dhampirs. (these will be explained in the Overview tab)

latest

Moroi and Dhampir students come from all over the world to study history, science, math and all the other boring subjects but around fourth period… us Dhampir students go out and learn new ways to maim and kill while it’s magick time for the Moroi, with all the basic elements. It’s not just their diet that makes them special. Moroi usually declare a magick when they discover the one magick that they can control, however there are some who haven’t been able to officially declare a magick because they can use two or more… but those are very very very rare cases… which could mean they have… a different magick… a diffferent magick known as Spirit. Spirit, is a type of magic that can bring something or someone back, just from the brink of death. However, it takes a toll on the body, and mind if you don't have a Dhampir Guardian. Also, so far the only known Moroi to have had spirit, were royals, so... yeah.

Anyways… Things at St. Vladimirs have gotten much more serious… ever since one of the moroi was attacked just on the edge of the school grounds by a Strigoi.. Everyone is on high alert now, but aside from attacking evil vampires, i guess you could say we're like any other academy, high school drama, same boring classes minus combat training and magick class, school scandals, all that stuff... Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Dakota Hexis, A Novice Guardian in training.

Dakota Hexis

Dakota gave a grunt as she threw one of her follow Dhampir novice guardians over her shoulder and onto the mat below her. "Looks like I win again." She said as she held a fake stake over where their heart was but was protected by padding. She helped her fellow Dhampir up before making her way to the next station. She honestly sometimes hated being one of the few female Dhampir novices but it couldn't be helped. It seemed to be genes that determined the majority of the dhampirs gender to be male. Even thought some of the most known Dhampir guardians were female, that also may have been why they were the most notable. Because female dhampirs were scarce, why? Who knew. Despite being linked to Lavinia, she wasn't going to become her guardian unless the royal court allowed it. Which was stupid in her opinion since the two were basically linked and she could see and feel what Lavinia felt under extreme conditions. She froze for a moment as her eyes turned golden, meaning she was seeing what Lavinia was seeing.

Lavinia Osera-Dragomir

Lavinia of course, was having a tough time during Magick class, it didn't help that some of her other classmates made fun of her for not being able to really show off her magick since her magick required special circumstances for her to use it. And even then it would put a strain on both her and Dakota which was what she didn't want to do. She rubbed her arm and looked away as the others mocked her, making fun of her despite the fact her magick was much more special then there's. Sometimes she wished her brother was in her class with her but then again she didn't want to be overshadowed by her older brother.

Thaddeus Osera-Dragomir

Thaddeus currently was in the library about the Chruch, honestly the Chruch was one of the most relaxing places for a moroi considering how religious they were. Mass was held every Sunday evening and there were no classes. But what Thaddeus liked about this place was the specific spot which has a nice window where the moonlight hit it just so to cast a dark glow upon whoever sat there. He also enjoyed the smell of the books and the books themselves. Plus it was a nice get away from all the noise and drama that came from being a sought after prince. Especially since he was in line for the throne, being first born had its perks. He wondered how Thornie was doing, probably doing his best during combat training of course, but only next to Dakota. He honestly hoped his sister wasn't causing her to slack off in her training. Dakota was promising, and would have been his guardian had his parents not wanted gender specific partners for them.

Thorn had been paired to fight against a twin pair of novices in his effort to challenge himself. Still, the challenge was not enough, the two other Novice Dhampir couldn't coordinated their attacks, making the brawl challenging, but still too easy. Tired of the fight, Thorn ducked under a jab and made his opponent hit the other before Thorn grabbed his ankle and toppled him, "staking" the boy, turning as he stood up, and slamming the other to the ground and "Staking" him as well. "Coordinate your attacks, train together more often." Thorn remarked as he walked away. Thorn saw Dakota freeze as she was walking to the next mat and he walked to her, putting a hand on her shoulder and shaking lightly, "hey, goldeneye come back to us"

Dakota Hexis

Dakota shook her head as she was pulled out of her shared vision. "Huh..? Oh hey Thorn.." She said as she rubbed her head lightly before standing up. "Sorry for zoning out.. What's up?" She said while putting a hand on her hip as she studied her comrade and fellow novice guardian who she saw often enough do to him being Thad's potential guardian, and heard about him quite often due to Thad talking about him when he wasn't around to hear him occasionally gush over his future guardian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thorn shook his head at Dakota, "You two need to get that thing under control, if it happens in a fight, It'll be disastrous for the both of you. I can't defend three people alone if real shigoi show up." He walked to the mat, "sparring match? No one else can beat us"

Dakota Hexis

Dakota sighed slightly and rolled her head a bit to crack her neck. "Sorry, it's not exactly something I have control over... It's stupid... It's a one way bond." She said while lightly rubbing her shoulder before nodding me and making her way to the sparring mat with him. "And if a real strigoi shows up you have to promise me you get Lavinia out of danger. As well as stake me because I really don't want to be a blood thirst monster." She said while getting ready to spar with him.

Thorn shook his light brown hair out of his eyes, "I can only try, but you know my duty starts with Thad." He drew his wooden Sword, "I will stake you if the time comes," Thorn started circling with Dakota, narrowing his eyes and Focusing on micromovements, working to predict her attacks.

Dakota circling around him as well, keeping an eye on him and the distance between them, twirls her wooden daggers, the silver stake hidden. "And I know your duty starts with Thad, but I think your forgetting Thad would also want to make sure his sister is safe before himself. Even if he doesn't voice it or show it that often." She said while shifting her stance a bit, while keeping her dagger held up as if she was boxing.

Thorn nodded slowly, "I know this, in that case he will use his magick to send his sister to safety" Thorn Feinted toward her leg with the tip of his blade before stepping in and slicing at her right shoulder. "I will not fail to defend the Royal family, but you know what choice I must make if it's one life or the other."

Dakota quickly cartwheels back out of the way before quickly pushing off the ground once she lands and propels towards him swiftly. "Of course. I wouldn't expect anything else from the future guardian of Thad." She said while slashing at him as she flew at him and crashed into him full force. "But you must expect that I can only promise the same should something befall you." she said while lunging at him once again as she had stepped back.

"To do any differently would be a betrayal of your duty" Thorn said as he used his arms to block and absorb the shock of Dakota's collision. As she jumped away, he overbalanced and rolled back and was able to pass under Dakota as she lunged at him again, jabbing an elbow to her stomach. "How about we just not fall victim to a strigoi and this situation will never come to muster in the field." Thorn rose and slashed toward Dakota with a spin as he spoke.

Dakota gives off a huff but doesn't let the jab distract her as she lands on her feet before leaping back away from the blade. "As much as i'd like that, you know just as well as I that Strigoi aren't that easily taken... it takes about 5 of our best just to take down one of their worst." She said while reading herself for an attack and kept herself light on her feet, since that was always one of her advantages.

Thorn rolled his broad Shoulders, "look, we've got four of the best between you, myself, and our moroi, we don't need to take it down, we just need to be able to get away safely. " Thorn once again Feinted twice at her head and body before sweeping through her legs before stepping in and shoving his shoulder into Dakota to push her back further.

Dakota grunts but manages to maneuver herself to go into a flip and land on her feet, rolling her shoulder and changing her stance. "That may be great an all, but if we don't kill the strigoi it will just keep coming after us. You know that, especially if they haven't eaten." She said while feinting to his left side before coming towards him full force and knocking him over before managing to somewhat pin him down.

Thorn raised an eyebrow, "then we whittle it down, both with magic and weapons," he wrapped his legs around her shins and rolled, pinning her with an arm across a shoulder and her neck, "then when it thinks we're exposed it makes a frivolous attack, and we kill it."

Dakota held her stake, the tip pressing lightly into the fabric of the patted armour they often had to wear when sparring. "You do know their Magick has a cost right? and if Lavinia uses her magick it's quite possible I'll be put out of contention." She said while looking at him, gripping the stake tighter. "Plus we have no idea if they hunt in packs, and if they do, that makes our job a lot harder."

Thorn's stake slid out of his sleeve and he pushed it against her stake armor "I know my partner and his limitations, I do not know the power or limits of spirit magick, but our situation only applies if we are ambushed, when we hunt we will have a full team." A bead of sweat fell from Thorn's nose and he stood up offering a hand, "and we have yet another draw,"

Dakota takes his arm and pulls herself up. "She can use other magick, but it's not as strong as someone who has only know that magick. And Spirit can save a life, i would know first hand..." She said while dusting herself off and sliding her stake into it's hiding spot once more before fixing her hair which she had managed to pull into a ponytail. "And I think that's also class.." She said before the large bell from the church chimed and some of the other dhampir novice guardians stopped what they were doing.

Thorn put his practice weapon on the wall as Dakota spoke and he put up his armor as the bell rang, "it's about time too, solo battles have gotten dull," he spoke as he strapped his sword belt on and reattached his shield to its place on his thigh. "I either need to relax or be further challenged, I'm not sure yet." He muttered as they headed from the training room.

Dakota also places her practice weapon on the wall as well as the armour they were given. "Oh? Are you calling our solo battles dull?" She asked while grinning a bit as she put her real daggers away in her boots and a few more inside her sleeves. "And I suppose that's really up to isn't it?" She said while grabbing her gym bag to go change before the next class which would be with the moroi, Dakota wasn't really looking forward to it, but at least she could be with her best friend.

Thorn chuckled lightly, "as if, but our solo battles are the only interesting ones" thorn held the door for Dakota as she passed him, "either way, I should go find Thad, knowing him he's too into his books to care about class. I'll see you" Thorn gave a light wave as he and Dakota headed in opposite directions.

Thorn walked into the library and searched down each aisle of books, looking for his friend and Brother-in-arms

Dakota

Dakota walks passed him since he held the door open for her. "Alright good luck, he might try to jump you, but you should be use to that by now." She said in a teasing tone as she went off to find Lavinia, sitting down for a moment to focus on where she was. "Come on Lavi... Where are you?" She said as her eyes turned gold as she started to see what Lavi was seeing.

Thaddeus

Thad currently reading, thinking to himself before he caught wind of Thorn heading his way and grins a bit to himself before going deeper into the library, grinning to himself.

Thorn felt a draft breeze past him. Great, Thad sensed him, now he had to be on guard. Thorn found where Thad had been sitting before he moved and Thorn shook his head, "what the hell dude." He continued down the current row before walking down through an aisle and back down the rows.

Thad gave a very faint laugh and sent it in different directions on the wind, to confuse Thorn as he continued to slink among the rows of history and knowledge of their people. "What's wrong Thorn? Not up for a little game?" He said and using the wind to help him make it echo around the library since they were the only ones there.

Thorn stopped for a moment as the Laugh echoed around the room, "I've been playing your games since we were small Thad," he turned suddenly as he thought he heard a whisper on his left, and he pulled his shield from its clip, expanding it to full size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back