Welcome to the Jungle

The the two locked weapons Mehran felt several spirits fast approaching. He knew they were non-hostiles but he ws.as pleasantly surprised that his servants he summoned earlier returning in such record time. The spirits had been broken and re-trained to do serve him until their time was up and did their jobs well! Two pairs of spectral hands shot up and grabbed each of the heretic's legs and pulled themselves upwards through the floor while still maintaining their grip. His look of surprise made it obvious he wasn't expecting that nor the other two coming out next to his grabbers' spots. The despair was obvious but Mehran had little time to savor it. He knew their touch could easily leech his strength, much like the red lantern light was beginning to do in a slower, subtle fashion.

With this opening he rams full force into his opponent and knocks the creature down, finally knocking its hood back to reveal the combination of human and jaguar features of the person. "Letting your kind into our abode was a mistake." he icily remarks. Truly, Lycans were the the closest thing to being the scum of the earth in his opinion. Impulsive, destructive, unclean. At least the neighboring Dark Elf community were less openly intrusive and rowdy in their affairs! Almost inferior in every way to someone like himself. It was at this point that both of them could see faint wisps of energy coming off of the werejaguar towards that crimson light set in Mehran's lantern. "At this rate I'll need to do nothing but keep you busy. Soon you won't be able a single muscle on your own accord." As the other two spirits grab him by his arms Mehran's attention changed to the bone wall he had set up. With further hand gestures the wall shifts slightly, many bones coming together to form sharp, spearlike shapes as they shot from the wall down into his pinned opponent and puncturing his legs and arms as they held fast in the temple floor.

Mehran walks over, looking him over. he then reaches into one of the unclean priest's satchels and rummages around before pulling out a skull. Not just any skull though.

"Mehran?" The thick accent was questioning but hopeful in it's tone, clearly wanting to be right. "That's right, Humbart. You're safely in my possession once more." the lich replies as he felt the energy from the skull familiar change from uncertainty to jubilation. "Ha, finally! The inside of his bag smelled like wet dog and salty coins! You came in the nick of time!" Humbart remarks enthusiastically. Humbart walks over to the altar and places Humbart next to his lantern. "We'll have much time to catch up shortly, for now I have business to finish." Mehran says as he takes out a soul gem, places leans his scythe on the altar, and takes out a silver dagger. As he walks over he begins a silent chant in a language unfamiliar but unnerving to those not used to such a thing. Necril, the language of the dead, was always rather off to living ears. His prayers to Alkathos done he bends down over the struggling lycan and cuts his throat with the dager with no remorse or ceremony to it. This man didn't deserve either. As the blood ran and the light faded from his eyes Mehran began the work of trapping the soul in a soul gem. he then pockets the gem before walking over to retrieve his things.

"You aren't going to just leave the body here, are you?" Humbart asks him. Mehran looks back, then to Humbart. "Hhhmmm..." he ponders a bit. When all of his stuff his in his possession he picks the corpse up and moves the bone wall aside. As he dismissed it all the pieces and bones came to the floor with a loud, clattering echo. He walked to the outside walkway and unceremoniously dumped the body by throwing it off the top of the ziggarut into the jungle wilderness below. Something would be eating well this evening. "Come Humbart, the night is still young. We may yet enjoy it." he comments as he uses the shortcut along with several others in the structure to make his way down. "Ha! Now you're speaking my language!" the skull cheerily says to response.

However, this changed when he felt the life essence of another person on temple grounds. But their essence was different. It closely resembled that of a regular living being, but was different enough to be noticed. "Whoever you are, you're trespassing on sacred ground." the soft-spoken tone came surprisingly loud and stern as he exited the temple and ended up back outside in the jungle again.

@Strange_Encounters

Gog laughed as the witch vanished, leaving him with the strange creature. He stared down at Tenebris as he approached her with a new energy and life to him. He could have eaten the girl, but that would just be rude. She was kind of cute in a new pet kind of way. Gog used the new energy he had to expand his field of energy, knowing Eve and Mawlock would pick up on it very quickly. "You are going to be of great use to me." He laughed sadistically. "That witch was unwise to use you this way, but Eve will take a liking to you I am sure." He spoke to Tenebris. "Come, we have work to do." He gestured for her to follow him. He jumped down and landed on the ground with a thud, dirt flying up a bit.

@Strange_Encounters

Dylexia stood beside the temple, her looking into the floating image that showed her everything that was going down inside. 'A necromancer' she thought to herself as she watched the spells he used, his wall of bones being one of the same nature that she used when she stumbled into this temple before, which in her head wasn't a pleasant experience by any means. Cocking her her to the side, she smoked her pipe and wondered where this man came from and who exactly was he? She watched the one sided fight come to an end rather quickly, the larger man taking back a familiar of some sort. Her eyes followed him, watching everything he did and finally watched him exit. She amkrked hearing his voice as she waved her hand in front of her, both her image pool and eyes disappeared and she came stepping around to where he was. "I apologize for being here, but you struck my fancy and if you didn't notice I was stalking you a bit.. that and I not dare enter this place again, I rather keep my eye sight." A light chuckle came from her as her golden eyes peered up at him. "I see you got your friend back and he seems rather happy to be with you once more, quite the energetic familiar." She dragged off her pipe and continued staring at him, not really having any more to say to him, thatis not until he replied to her. @CoreyXIX

Tenebris tilted her head as she sniffed at the air trying to take in his scent, how she carried herself was totally animalistic. She moved a bit closer hearing everything he said, not understanding most of it, but his scent made her drawn to him. This was thewholeeason she came crawling out of the darkness of this jungle. She had a few encounters with Dylexia, sheknew her as the woman that fed her scrapes and occasionally tried to experiment on her, but everytime she did she'd vanish back into the forest. Her white voids followed his sudden movements as he leapt from the deck, she rushed and jumped onto the railing watching him like a predator of sorts. Making an odd cooingnoise, she leapy down and landed on his shoulders before hopping onto the ground. She circled around him, sniffing at him softly, ready to follow him anywhere he went. @Tetro

As some of the smaller humanoid spirits that helped him earlier cam and scurried about at his feet Mehran extinguished the crimson torch flame, letting them fade back to nothing from where he summon them from. So, she had been in here before? If so, it was hardly a surprise the Halls of the Blind was enough a challenge to turn her away from further exploring. But her stalking probably explained more than he wanted it to.It wasn't like she tried anything during it though, so there was little in the ways of complaints from him. It was good she hadn't tried to follow him back home, otherwise the unusual woman may have had an awkward time in the attempts. As her golden eyes stared into the cyan lights in his eye sockets the telepathic bond between familiar and master was enough to convey to Humbart to stay silent until the lich further assessed this woman. But she was well mannered enough to apologize for a relatively minor transgression, so he would at least attempt to talk to her a little more. "It's good news that you're smart enough to stay out of my people's sacred ground after your first attempt." Struck her fancy? Was it his magic or merely what he was? Her life essence did seem almost similar to his own. "I am Mehran, High Priest of Alkathos." he introduces himself to the unusual woman, his movements and body language deathly still at this point while he spoke. "If you have taken such a fancy to me, then how about sharing your own name with me?"

@Strange_Encounters

Gog pet Tenebris and laughed, "I think I just found myself a pet." He began walking, following the massive power surge that Dylexia and the other being were giving off. It was going to be a bit of a walk but he didn't mind. When Tenebris sniffed him, she would smell mostly metal, as just about every part of Gog was mechanical in some way. "I might need you to run to Dylexia. The witch is not all that bright but she is smart enough to know how to try to throw off her scent once she realizes how close you are. And I do not feel like parting with you. But only after Mawlock obtains a card of you." He spoke to Tenebris as they walked and trudged.

Mawlock formed out of the shadows, Eve hanging onto his back as they both arrived near Gog. Mawlock looked around, "Eve, find Gog, and leave a trail for me." He ordered. Eve nuzzled against Mawlock a bit longer before sighing and climbing off of him. She moved quickly, zooming through the jungle straight to Gog. Eve came to a sudden stop, seemingly appearing right in front of both Gog and Tenebris, "I found you!" She hovered around Gog excitedly before clinging onto his back. Eve's eyes suddenly locked onto Tenebris. She glared at the creature before letting go of Gog and going to Tenebris. Eve looked down at Tenebris, "Such a curious little thing..." Mawlock followed the trail Eve had left behind, but was sighing and grunting as he tore through the jungle and it's plant life. "You never get used to this nonsense." He spoke with frustration as his clothes kept getting caught.

@Strange_Encounters

The grey-haired fae looked ahead. "My true name is not said among mortals, though I am nicknamed Selene." She answered, reaching a room with exits in an octagonal shape. The cool air of the temple dried the sweat on her forehead. She took a deep breath, glanced back to see if Ivellious was following, and strode down the path to the far right.

"Your master, I assume, resides in the heart of the temple. Though I am taking you there, you may only be permitted to take your master and leave. Nothing else" Selene emphasized, trailing her finger along the smooth stone wall. She felt a breeze from the hall, only assuring her that she was going the right way.

@CoreyXIX

"Well whatever you may be called nice to meet you, and thanks for the assistance Selene." Ivellious replies as he wipes a little bit of sweat away from his brow. The air from the temple was a nice change from the jungle heat. He followed her down the pathway she took. "Even if I wished to take something else from here it's not like I would have much space to do so." he comments in reference to his small pack and pouches. Really, since most of them were full there was little else he could carry.  

It seemed the breeze was his guide as much as the fae was. "I hope it's him and not something else." he says idly more to himself than to her while he kept an eye on her to make sure he didn't get lost in this place. That was the last thing he needed!

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

Selene grimaced. Surely the apprentice could feel the dark presence as well. The fae wasn't sure what he was leading him into, and she hoped it wasn't a trap for herself either. She tried to shake the thought, but her paranoid mind kept it at the front of her thoughts. 

As the passage got darker, Selene took a mini-sun from her robe, enlarging it and lighting up the passageway. She couldn't see the end yet, but she knew it was coming. The two traveled in awkward silence as Slene dwelled in her thoughts. 

@CoreyXIX

The awkward silence and the darker power laying beyond where they were going pretty much confirmed one thing: Odds were they were in for a rough time. Ivellious sighs, for the jungle really was an unforgiving mistress. He pressed forward with her, despite feeling like this was a bad idea. His curiosity had some apprehension seeping into it now.

"Somehow I'm starting to doubt he's here, Selene." he says with a furrowed brow as he looked ahead the bets he could past that mini-sun of hers. "I just hope whatever it is we get out mostly unscathed."

"Do not worry, apprentice." She assured, swiping the sun into her hand and setting it back into the depths of her robe. "We have arrived."

The hallway opened up into a large, open room, with a large square on the roof. Through it, the setting sun cast it's eerie light on the ecosystem below. A stream cricled a large platform in the middle of the room, where any celestial body st the peak of their travel with cast their light directly onto the pedestal. Moss crept up the stairs, and though Selene could not see anything, she felt the presence at it's strongest here. 

@CoreyXIX

As he looked around even he could tell without aid that the presence was here and lurking. She said not to worry, but he was doing the complete opposite of that at the moment. Really a heart of a temple if he ever saw one. Ivellious took a few steps forward gingerly with his staff at the ready, fully expecting something to happen. As he looked around he could practically confirm his master wasn't here in anyway. This would have been a bust were it not for everything else of interest.

As he approached the pedestal by another couple steps to look at it he took a look back at Selene. He could feel some faint traces of magic residue from long past by the platform. "There is some traces of magic left by the platform in the center." he announces to her. "I'm going to at least take a look at it, then we should consider maybe getting out of here."

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

Last edited by a moderator:
Selene paused, contemplating wether or not to tell him to back off. She hadn't been in this room since she had awoken, and that had been a couple years. Though nothing compared to the time she has gone through, she still felt out of place being in this room. It had been her prison for so long. 

She decided against called the apprentice away, as she figured he would not have enough power to find the source of the spell. "Please hurry!" she called back, and despite her effort to be quiet, her silky voice echoed through the large room. The fae winced, half expecting the temple to collapse. She barely stepped out of the hallway, feeling tension in the air. Something was going to happen, and she didn't want to be in the heart of the room while it did. I mean, she didn't even want to be in the room at all. It was a mistake bringing the mortal there. 

@CoreyXIX

(If Ivellious dies, delete his browser history lol)

Even as soft as it was her voice echoed loudly in the chamber. Whatever was coming would make sure he wouldn't have much time to do this. He quickly made his way further in, going through the small stream. As he did so nearly every fiber of his being told him to run and that he was a fool. Yet, when he finally arrived at the platform he noticed something there. It looked like a small amulet by the platform. He quickly snatches it up, the aura of it familiar to him. "Got it!" he exclaims while he tries to quickly make his way back.

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

"What is that?" Selene hissed, making her way towards Ivellious without even thinking about it. "I told you not to take anything." She placed her hand on the apprentice's back and pushed him forward towards the hallway, glancing behind herself. 

@CoreyXIX

She didn't need to push him to get him moving, he was already of mind to book it out of there. "Sorry, but this thing is my master's!" he protests as they quickly made their way out of the place to avoid whatever was in hiding there. "I had no choice but to retrieve it, it may have a clue!"

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

Selene looked back behind herself once more, spotting a rising dark figure in the dimming sunlight. She hissed, almost forcing Julius into the dark cover of the hallway. "We need to run." She whispered, not looking back at the waking beast.

@CoreyXIX

(Wrong name lol)

"Don't have to tell me twice!" Ivellious quietly remarks while he picked up the pace during her pushing him out of there and hopefully they would be out of here with his rapid sprinting to leave this place. This was bad.

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

(Whoops!)

The pair ran through the pitch-black hallway, the light from the other end not quite making an appearance. It the distance, Selene heard the creature roar, a deep, echoing sound that vibrated in Selene's skull. Her heart rate quickened, and her pace became faster. The fae focused on the sound of her feet slapping on the cool stone floor and her deep breaths, trying to control herself. She knew it would only get worse once the moon rose. 

@CoreyXIX

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a scene too harrowing for his taste. Between deep, echoing roar and the rapidly coming heat from the outside Ivellious hadn't even time to think right now. Only time to act! His boots dull thumps echoed off of the floor as he quickly made his way in the direction he remembered Selene taking them as he hoped they would not be too late in their escape from whatever it was they had awakened when he took that amulet. For now, he would have to settle for escaping over anything else.

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

This mortal better be worth all this trouble Selene thought to herself, continuing her steady pace Down the hallway. They quickly entered the 8 room, and Selene called back to Ivellious. "The tiles, mortal! Be careful!" She blasted through the diamond-hallway and through the entrance to the temple, the humid air immediately sticking to her. She wildly looked around from a place to hide in the dimming light, finding the tree line. 

Before she she could make a run for it, Selene stopped. What would happen to the temple, even to the jungle, if she didn't do anything about this beast? How much chaos would ensue from her cowardice. Selene shook her head. She would have to go back through the temple. The only problem was the mortal, who seemed to be tagging along and following her. She would have to let him know.

@CoreyXIX

As he came barreling down the final stretch he had to narrowly avoid those trapped tiles. To fall prey to them now would surely spell final doom for him, and for her if she were crazy enough to try and help him in any way at that point. He never thought he would say this, but the sticky, damp air was welcomed dearly! For he had discovered a hellhole far worse than the outside of this continent was! At least here the danger was more subdued and know compared to the unknown beat within the temple!

Ivellious would have contemplated why his master had been in there were his lungs not feeling as if they were on fire from all of this running. His time a youth was spent unraveling the mysteries of the universe instead of jogging, so it was only expected he would have found himself quickly winded now that his adrenaline was wearing off! "I said it once...and I'll say it again!" he huffed between deep ragged breaths. "Not a fan of jungle expeditions!" he finishes, almost a one hundred and eighty degree turn from some of the earlier wonders.

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

Selene shook her head solemnly. "We need to go back." she told him, staring at the temple and imagining what lie within. "I cannot let that beast destroy my home." 

The fae looked Ivellious in the eyes, her silver orbs staring right through him. "I am going back. Wether you come is a choice entirely up to you." 

As he took a few moments to catch his breath he kept his gaze in those silvery orbs of her eyes a contrast to the golden one that belonged to him. "Most of my aptitude is based in defensive and healing magic. I dunno how much help I'll be, but if stopping that thing is so important than I don't have a choice but to go." He hated to admit it, but it he probably had something to do with why the thing was out and about now. This was a mistake he had to help fix.

Selene nodded, and continued around the temple. Instead of going through the entrance, she found the opening that they saw earlier in the ceiling. By now, the moon had began to rise, the stars accompanying her. Selene took a quick glance towards the moon, already feeling more powerful than before. She could run 70 marathons without breaking a sweat. She could lift 1,000lbs and lift 1,000 more.  Selene felt like a god.

"We enter through here." She told Ivellious, looking down into the hole. The monster, who had been as tall as the room, couldn't have gotten far. There were no exits for a being shod size, which made Selene wonder how he got there in the first place.

@CoreyXIX

The elf followed her as she stalked about to where they would be entering. As he debated on which of the spells he should even try to use at this moment they were at the hole. Monster hunting had been something he hadn't even considered doing before. It was a tension unlike any other he had encountered before! His companion's body language seem to suggest a change in her. While a fascinating prospect to study, now was definitely not the time for questions and research.

"Right." Ivellious replies. "Should I prepare a defensive ward for you before you enter? Because I'm putting one on myself regardless of your answer."

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

Users who are viewing this thread

Back